It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Press Secretary Gets Questions from Reporters Before Press Briefing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Link

Transparency? I think not.

"It was a very busy day. We started here shortly after 8 o'clock with a coffee with press secretary Jay Carney inside his office in the West Wing," says the reporter.

"And this was the off-the-record so we were able to ask him all about some of the preparation that he does on a regular basis for talking to the press in his daily press briefings. He showed us a very long list of items that he has to be well versed on every single day.

"And then he also mentioned that a lot of times, unless it's something breaking, the questions that the reporters actually ask -- the correspondents -- they are provided to him in advance. So then he knows what he's going to be answering and sometimes those correspondents and reporters also have those answers printed in front of them, because of course it helps when they're producing their reports for later on. So that was very interesting."

This, to me, is wrong. First, we learned that they are literally spying on the independent media. Then they move to control WHO is a reporter and block internet media. Long time WH correspondents have left and now we know why. Picking and choosing and playing favorites. Is this 80's USSR?

What I find funny, is that EVEN with this, Carney is a clown and never answers a question with a statement..only conjecture.

This is also not the first time it has been reported. It was leaked in May of 2013 and nothing was done then. It is all a stage folks....

Link

The off-the-record session was announced to reporters in the wake of an ABC News report showing that White House and State Dept. officials were involved in revising the now-discredited CIA talking points about the attack on Benghazi.

The administration routinely exerts pressure on reporters it feels are not kind enough in their coverage. Reporters like Cheryl Attkisson of CBS News have felt the hand of their bosses for “wading dangerously close to advocacy” with regard to Benghazi. No doubt this “off-the-record” meeting was designed to get all the president’s horses and all the president’s men to put the Benghazi humpty dumpty together again.

UPDATE: Reporters not invited to the off-the-record briefing are reportedly incredibly unhappy about it:

edit on 03am31amf0000002014-03-20T11:05:18-05:001118 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Have you not learned the difference between reporters and investigative journalists yet?

The folks at VICE and the Young Turks are the only investigative journalists I have seen as of late. The rest of them read what they are told to read, especially the networks.....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

LOL ...I guess it's the way democracy is done in the USA .All open and above board/sarc

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
our government is about as transparent as a lead pipe

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I am well aware of the difference and that there are none left. If they are, they are branded right wing nutjobs.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
scripted government. i always thought that to be the case.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join