95 year old WW2 vet with walker tased, shot to death by police

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The incident began after Wrana, who uses a walker, refused a surgery at his assisted living home...

...Soon the police arrived to subdue the senior citizen, riot gear at the ready to take on the wobbly old man...

...they tasered John, but ‘the taser didn’t take,’ then proceeded to shoot John three times with bean bags in the abdomen

Source with videos

If ever there was a case of police brutality, this is it. Police were called for a 95-year old man who couldn't get around without a walker due to degenerative disc disease, because he was upset about being pressured into a surgery he didn't want.
You'd think an officer might show up, console him, talk to him in a friendly manner to try to calm him down... Nope, multiple cops show up with riot gear, taser him, and use him as target practice for their beanbag shotguns. They literally shot him to death with beanbags.
This is blatant cold-blooded murder, nothing less. You have to be an absolute psychopath to do that to a 95-year old man who can barely even walk.

Conflicting reports have emerged between officers and staff, with the employees of the home reporting that they asked officers not to harm him and requested to intervene.

I guess they realized their mistake of calling the police.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

This story makes no sense

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Shepard64
reply to post by trollz

It does when you let a bunch of power-hungry psychopaths loose in a nursing home full of helpless people they can abuse at will.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

What do you expect? These are cops. Not all of them are bad but so many are just power hungry scumbags who don't care about you. And in our society they are just being groomed more and more to turn on the citizens.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Then these murderers need to be convicted as just that, murderers.

That is completely ridiculous. There are few words that describe my hatred towards those who inflicted such pain on a senior War Vet. Someone who probably in his heyday, much stronger and tougher than any one of those pussified girly men using him as target practice. Had it been my great grandfather, and I been in the room....that scene would be on the front page of every headline and I would be dead too. From the slaughter than would ensue from my rage to ensure my family's protection.

I need not say more. Disgusting is too modest a word to describe this.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's the problem:

Conflicting reports have emerged between officers and staff, with the employees of the home reporting that they asked officers not to harm him and requested to intervene.

Once you call the hit squad there's no going back. You can't use them as coercive tools or empty threats to get what you want. Once they're called there is no going back.

Plenty of stories over the years from all over the country where a parent, guardian, employee, whoever calls the cops to be used as an extension of their own authority and it ends in tragedy every time.

Think long and hard before you make that call.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I guess they realized their mistake of calling the police.
reply to post by trollz

A mistake that has cost many innocent people their lives....stories like these have become so common now, that nobody even bats an eye...they couldn't care less...unless it's them.

So very disturbing....and I fear it's going to get worse....lawlessness in our society is spreading...the banks, the government, corporations....the police....it's invaded every segment of our society.

I believe we are watching nothing less than the beginning of the end for the US empire.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
for some reason i seem to remember this being posted last year.
same description and everything, except back then, they say he had a knife.

yea it was, here is the thread.

and if you read the story in that op the said he had a cane, a shoe horn and then they said he had a knife.

Illinois Police Kill 95-Year-Old With Taser Shocks and Bean Bag Rounds

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I'm having a hard time believing police officers tazed and bean bagged a 95 year old man with no valid reason. it just doesn't make sense. there has to be a reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

trollz

Shepard64
reply to post by trollz

It does when you let a bunch of power-hungry psychopaths loose in a nursing home full of helpless people they can abuse at will.

dont throw around words like psychopath please, im one and im a very nice man and havnt killed or hurt any one.

This is a simple case of over policing. Nothing to do with the individuals.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Agreed, I have no evidence but I doubt this actually happened.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Shepard64
reply to post by subfab

Agreed, I have no evidence but I doubt this actually happened.

For something that never happened it's spending a lot of time being investigated:

The Illinois State Police are investigating the horrific incident but won't comment, and neither will the Park Forest police pending the outcome of the inquiry.

"Attempts were made verbally to have the resident comply with demands to drop the articles, to no avail," the police statement reads. "The resident then armed himself with a 12-inch butcher type kitchen knife."

But lawyer Grapsas says that Wrana's family never saw a knife in his room and that staff also told him Wrana didn't have such a knife.

"So where did the knife come from?" Grapsas asked.

The police statement leaves the impression that the staff was under threat, leaving police with no choice other than to shoot him.

But according to Maria Oliva, an executive with Pathway Senior Living, the staff was kept out of the room after police arrived. So there was no imminent threat to staff.

"The staff was not inside once the police were on the scene," Oliva told us. "At different times the staff were in there, but not when they were called. They (the police) were in charge at that point."

Police said there had been threats made against the staff. But Grapsas said he was told that staff begged to be allowed to try to calm down the old man.

"If there were threats to the staff, why did the staff want to intervene and say, 'Let us handle this; we'll get him calmed down'?" he asked.

Grapsas says he was told that police used a riot shield to come through the door before shooting bean-bag rounds at the old man as he sat in his chair.
Chicago Tribune

I guess the whole thing could be completely fabricated. To what end though?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

The stories and vids linked are a year and a half old (from Aug 2013).

Has this re-surfaced in the news for some reason or do you simply wish to discuss this older incident?

BTW - If true, it's pathetic/disgusting. I'd like to know what happened to the cops involved....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's just so dang hard to believe they would do that, why? Just why? Why couldn't they just grab his arms and why did't the taser work in him? I don't know I might be giving the officers to much credit

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The reason for fabrication would be there is a growing number of people who are hating cops now a days. They love seeing juicy videos to give them more reason to. This story could have been made by a cop hater and knew it would become viral just to get more support for there own hating cause. But this story might be real who knows but that would be the reason someone would fake it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If the way it happened is true and this was my relative I would hunt down every one of those pieces of you finish the rest, I would find them and let them feel the pain that my family now feel and i would pass that pain directly on to there family it is only fair. I do not recognize any badge or gang colors soon a time is coming, all I can say is, I hope all pigs choose the right side, when that time comes. Because I know for sure your little uni aint gonna mean a damn thing when it does, if anything a bullseye!!!

Storys like this make it
(In)SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I wish people would use the search function on ats you would think someone with an I Q of 142 would know better.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Just about the only headline we have yet to see is....
COPS CALLED FOR CRYING BABY ,BABY GETS SHOT .

its getting worse and doesn't look like its going to turn around

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The medical examiner ruled it a homicide. I suspect the Illinois State Police weren't expecting that. Now they're squatting on it. It's been over six months. They refuse to return a final decision. I suspect they're hoping it will be forgotten and die out.

Because what needs to happen is a few life without parole sentences for the cops. But that won't happen, because the DA won't bring charges even if the ISP WERE to return a finding of homicide. Because cops.

No feedback, no change.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm seriously starting to think that Bikie gangs may be a better option for public protection than law enforcement.

Bloody disgusting act of terrorism.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join