It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushcraft On Fire Radio : 03/20/2014: Get Out!, Fire Making, Gardening & more!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thursday, 03/20/2014 at 8:00PM EST

Via The ATS Radio Site (high and low bandwidth players, and stream links for most commercial players available)

Via Shoutcast (high and low bandwidth players available)

Via Tune In (both the site and the Iphone and Android Apps - search for ATS Radio

Via Semperfortis.us

Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Bear Truth
XPert11
TheRedNeck

Hour One

GET OUT!!!
Get off that couch and get moving. Work on some real principles that we teach here on the show!!!

Hour Two

Starting Fires and Other HOT Topics
Let's discuss Bowdrills, Ferro Rods and other hot topics

Hour Three

Gardening
Let's round out the show with more on getting your garden going this year.

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

Also visit our NEWEST Site... Bushcraft On Fire Radio for all the latest news, updates, old shows, videos and pictures!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to another great show! I'm glad you
still have the gardening going on too.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
im here and ready to be inspired

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Enjoyed the show. I'm sorry you had to cut it short. Bloody someone last week
fell asleep too! The dude with the knife report...LOL! I hope Garth feels
better & everyone is well by next week if not before.

I've been practicing with fire in me Weber...charcoal is too expensive. I use
the downed fruit trees. I will be trying the dryer lint when it gets warmer.
I live near JackKat & am SO tired of the snow every week...11" on Mon.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thanks for tuning in, and I am tired of the snow myself, we had a foot here despite the forecast of 1-3 " ...

We should be touching on fatwood next week, and that is a wonderful resource that is available in our region...

It's so good, that it has to be mentioned post basic (did I say basic again?), there are so many ways to start fire, but IMO, it's good to know as many methods as possible, you never know if you may need it in an emergency...

I hope you get the chance to GET OUT THERE soon!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks for that "fatwood" never heard of it...but I'm new. I had 6 branches of pine come
down during out last high wind episode. They are about ~ 4" across & 6' long. I am
going to see if I can find a hatchet & use that wood before the landlady cuts it up
for firewood. I will be looking forward to learning more about it next week.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Commercial market must have learned about the benefits of fatwood...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395369635&sr=8-3&keywords=duraflame+fatwood

Pretty sad when corporations start to market something most folks in our past knew and gathered for free, just time and little sweat...

There are plenty of "fatwood" videos on YT, if you want to check it out to familiarize yourself

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yes thank you. I saw a box of flatwood on sale at the grocery market
right next to the lighter fluid...& they wanted more for it. I didn't know
what it was called until now...LOL! I've been using the fluid to start the kindling
since it's been so cold & wet. I will make good use of that pine including the needles.
I had learned about the dryer lint from listening to the show & have several pill
bottles loaded.
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Another great show. Thank you for your time and effort, Bushcraft crew. You all are appreciated. Rest up and rest well, Garth. The hours and days you put in bringing us ATS radio shows shows real dedication . We can only hope you enjoy it all as much as us in the listening audience do. Take your time and get your body feeling great again, then get back on the air ASAP. We miss you already.

new topics

top topics

join