It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The waiting game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hi all... It's been quite a while since I've posted, but I still lurk every day.

Just wanted to take a minute to ask for kind thoughts/prayers/etc from this wonderful community. My partner and I have FINALLY finished the last leg of our journey toward becoming foster and adoptive parents. We've endured the government red tape, the "I forgot we need x, so it's going to take longer:, the lack of information, etc. Our application has been mailed to the state for approval, (which can take 4-6 weeks, we are just at week 2 of waiting).

We are ready for up to 3 kids, preferably a sibling group, up to age 10 or so. The rooms are ready, beds are made, clothes are washed and sorted, and toys are all in place. The house looks like there should be children in it... but we wait.

I'm just asking for some kind thoughts to be sent our way to help us while we wait, and maybe to send enough positive vibes out to the universe to help speed this process. It's horrible that children need to be removed from their family, but it's a reality. We just want to be able to help a small fraction of these kids.

In our county there are over 450 kids in the care of the county, yet only 115 foster homes. With such a need, the delays and mistakes during this process have been frustrating. I called the state last Friday for an update, and was told, "Sir, you have to understand... it's Friday and no one is in the office." Subsequently, the messages I left were never returned.

It's sad that red tape delays the chance for a child to receive a loving home. I'm just hoping the process goes quickly from here.

Thanks in advance!
journey2010

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by journey2010

hi I'm nat
I haven't seen you around before...nice to ' meet ' you

I wish you and your partner the best. That's very nice what you want to do. Your story actually brought me to tears.

**Sending my positive thoughts towards you now. I hope things move along sooner for you and things will fall right into place when the time is right.

Peace and love
edit on 20-3-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sending thoughts and prayers your way for sure. I am in awe that you two want to help children bad enough to go through all of the red tape required. It never ceases to amaze me how the government almost seems to WANT these kids to stay in state care with no real family to speak of. A lot of folks would love to take care of these kids, but do not have every single qualification the government thinks you need to do so. That is a travesty IMO.

There are many different kinds of family, and love should be at the top of the "What you need" list.

You and yours seem to have it in spades, so I wish you the best of luck and know you will be touching the lives of these children in the ways they need most.

edit on 3/20/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Sending happy, timely thoughts your way.

I work with a guy, that started out fostering, then adopted sisters, and is now back into fostering. From listening to him, I understand about the red tape. It sucks, and in some ways, is not fair to the children. But, from what he says, it is worth it and sure can have amazing results.

Good for you for opening your heart and home. Wishing you nothing but happiness, patients and faster paper pushers!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by journey2010

I wish you and your partner all the best with your ambition to

'start' a family! I wish you all however many you end up? ....LOL.

A long and happy life together

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't know you, but I also wish you and your partner a BIG family!!

I have three children myself (10,13 and 14) and although I live in constant chaos and noise, I wouldn't have it any other way, they make you happy in a way that can't be defined........you will see how amazing kids are (even when you wish you could 'pause' them and 'mute' like a telly! lol).

All my best wishes, good vibe and love to you and your partner!!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
KUDOS to you for being foster parents.

Question - you said 'adoptive' parents as well. When we adopted, we thought about starting as foster parents but at that time we were told it was difficult to go from foster parenting to adoptive parenting for a child. Has it gotten easier? I hope so.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Good luck bro! Im sure everything will turn out fine, and you two sound like you would be good parents, allready building the nest!

So you and your partner should be proud and enjoy the time you have before the kids come...they are going to take over!...LOL. A welcome addition Im sure!

So keep your head up and hold out for hope!

top topics

join