It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's just a show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Seems we have another actor in the White House. Actually the Whole institution has become just a show. From the limited access journalist have to actually cover events Obama attends to the White House morning press briefings, there's nothing that isn't scripted. I guess it would look suspicious if Carney used a teleprompter too.

White House Press Secretary Gets Questions Before Press Briefings

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The world's a stage.

She should have died hereafter.
There would have been a time for such a word.
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Shakespeare's Macbeth.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: Original text

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Of course it's scripted. .
Just look at his NCAA basketball picks.
He does woman's hoops and nobody watches that so he was told what to say. Politics is about

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Most of what the White House does is all for show. It is like the Royal Family in Britain. This is not new at all, it has been going on since this country was formed. We do not get to elect the president, we only get to select from a few candidates that were preselected for us. The same is true for our congressmen most times. If a congressman does get into office that does not want to play ball with the way things are, they get nothing for the ones they represent. Follow the leader with the leader being a political theatrical production.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
Of course it's scripted. .
Just look at his NCAA basketball picks.
He does woman's hoops and nobody watches that so he was told what to say. Politics is about
This is more than being about image. It shows collusion between the media and the White House. It shows that the media are helping to push some agenda and that the important questions are not being asked or answered. They don't want real press covering events because it will prove how out of his league the guys really is as they can't keep him hidden behind a teleprompter all of the time.

I wonder if that reporter will ever work in the industry again? She reported what was supposed to be "off the record".
edit on 62906Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

An off-the-record interview means it's off-the-record, and it's not supposed to be reported on. The information is very good, and I'm glad we know it, but that reporter deserves to be fired. Someone's word is their bond. As for the scripted press conferences, despicable, and I hope this puts an end to that practice.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Time to look at the White House 'reporters' as what they really are... the propaganda division.

Journalists? No that's not what they are, now that we know that they have his answers in their hands before they even ask the questions that he has ahead of time.

What a farce.

on the White House
and
on the White House reporters.

From your link:

So then he knows what he's going to be answering and sometimes those correspondents and reporters also have those answers printed in front of them, because of course it helps when they're producing their reports for later on. So that was very interesting."

edit on bu312014-03-20T13:45:11-05:0001America/ChicagoThu, 20 Mar 2014 13:45:11 -05001u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Aleister
reply to post by Bilk22

An off-the-record interview means it's off-the-record, and it's not supposed to be reported on. The information is very good, and I'm glad we know it, but that reporter deserves to be fired. Someone's word is their bond. As for the scripted press conferences, despicable, and I hope this puts an end to that practice.

I don't agree regarding the reporter. Deserves to be promoted for having the initiative to report the truth despite the obfuscations of the government. I think she did the right thing by deceiving the deceivers. It seems that is the only time the citizens can get a modicum of truth or fact from their institutions. The government does not deserve any benefit of the doubt and if deceiving them is the only way to discover the facts that must be done. The reporter did not create this situation and should not be faulted for doing what had to be done to gather this information.

I do agree with your other observation. I hope what happened changes something but I doubt this new information will create any lasting impression. The story will be the flavor of the week, and than our networks will move onto stories that bring them higher ratings, and the citizens will forget. I can't say I'm surprised to learn about this. An administration that ran on a promise of transparency turns out to be the opposite. Who would have thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

My_Reality
reply to post by Aleister

Aleister
reply to post by Bilk22

I don't agree regarding the reporter. Deserves to be promoted for having the initiative to report the truth despite the obfuscations of the government. I think she did the right thing by deceiving the deceivers. It seems that is the only time the citizens can get a modicum of truth or fact from their institutions. The government does not deserve any benefit of the doubt and if deceiving them is the only way to discover the facts that must be done. The reporter did not create this situation and should not be faulted for doing what had to be done to gather this information.

I do agree with your other observation. I hope what happened changes something but I doubt this new information will create any lasting impression. The story will be the flavor of the week, and than our networks will move onto stories that bring them higher ratings, and the citizens will forget. I can't say I'm surprised to learn about this. An administration that ran on a promise of transparency turns out to be the opposite. Who would have thought.
I agree 100% that she shouldn't be fired. Besides, she didn't air it. Her producer did.

I also agree that all of the media are obviously involved including everyone's favorite whipping boy, Fox. You would think they would report how these briefings are being filtered. They already know the answers they're going to get. So there are no hot questions. Only questions the WH can give an innocuous answer for. I've always contended that Fox is the same propaganda, just from a different perspective and for a different audience, so it's sold in a different manner. The intent is the same, to herd everyone in the same direction, but they know they have a different audience and sell it with that in mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Seems now it was all a big mistake LOL Ah they get to everyone one way or another. Guess threatening her job would do it. This is just sad. Reporter says her mistake

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm actually amazed. They, the WH must have picked the story up off of Drudge too. Now they're actually making it a bigger story by having her revisit it and Carney issuing multiple tweets. This may stick around for a little while if other "news Outlets" pick up on it. I'll bet Fox does, but they're ask their WH reporter who will surely dismiss it as not true.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Another "off the record" response to a reporter. Questioning the fact that the press are not allowed to travel with the Michele on her trip to China -

Shortly after noon on Wednesday, I reached out to the First Lady's office to inquire about the decision. A spokesperson for the First Lady responded to my inquiry but declared the response "off the record," meaning I wasn't allowed to use the information therein. When I told the spokesperson that I needed a response I could use, the spokesperson replied with another off-the-record statement regarding the First Lady's trip.

Link

This is their MO. She's spending our money and we don't have a right to know what's going on?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

"Off the record" is not "off the record" unless the REPORTER agrees to it being so - you cannot TELL a reporter something is off the record - you have to ask them if they will treat something as off the record before you tell them - and get their consent to that!!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Bilk22

"Off the record" is not "off the record" unless the REPORTER agrees to it being so - you cannot TELL a reporter something is off the record - you have to ask them if they will treat something as off the record before you tell them - and get their consent to that!!
Hey I fully agree. However I think those reporters know what the WH means when they "tell you" it's off the record. There's just a lot wrong with this especially so when he said they'd be open and different. What a bunch of crap.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
She's walked back her statement. Source

LOL ... Guess it doesn't pay to crap where you eat.

Hours after deleting the anchor's hastily issued statement KPHO-TV released a second one: 'Last night during my live reports from the White House I attempted to describe the highlights of the day. I was speaking off the cuff and unscripted and in the process I made two major mistakes: I reported an off the record conversation and what I reported was not accurate. 'I took a conversation about the preparation for a press briefing and muddied it with my own experience of wanting to provide a question for the press briefing. I incorrectly applied the process to everyone. That was wrong and it was bad reporting. But it was not intentional and I would never purposely report inaccurate information. 'The White House never asked for my questions in advance and never instructed me what to ask. I chose to provide one of my questions in advance of the press briefing because I wanted to make sure it would have broad appeal. I did not attribute or report factually last night and for that I deeply apologize. 'I pride myself on truth and objectivity. I sincerely regret any harm I've caused and I hope that you will continue to place your trust in the hardworking journalists who make up CBS 5 News.'

edit on 2132014 by Snarl because: Quoted text

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Walked back ?

She lied.

She owned up to it.

BUT let's get real they don't ask real questions there.

The proof is in the pudding even though they don't he goes on daytime TV, and late night shows to push his agenda

without him ever getting asked REAL questions.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

While the first amendment protects freedom of the press, "there is no first amendment right for gathering information," Schumer said at The New York Times' Sources and Secrets Conference on the press, government and national security.

Link

It is all about who is in power and who they hire to interpret...
edit on 03pm31pmf0000002014-03-21T15:53:24-05:000324 by matafuchs because: sp

top topics

join