It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm sorry, but electronic cigarettes are not allowed here."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

pheonix358
I need to quit smoking. I want to quit!

Have tried a few times.

Help! I need somebody, help! Not just anybody, heeeelp!

Even though you quoted silly lyrics, rather than seriously asked for help, I am going to tell you a trick that works anyway.

Well, I am not sure if it is a trick or more like 'method', but always worked for me (it's the 'starting again' that's harder to avoid, but that's different from 'quitting' - though now I have been without cigarettes for years, although I never officially 'quit' this time, or maybe that's the reason why I have been able to - I feel like I can smoke any time I wish, I have no determination or decision about avoiding it - I just haven't felt like it for years).

This probably works for other substances as well (I am off alcohol, caffeine, candy bars, chocolate, etc. etc. - all by some kind of automatic coincidence, rather than by my own decision).

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way responsible for any injury, damage or health issues that my revealing this method might cause, if applied. Anyone who might choose to apply the method, does so at their own risk. It's always best to consult your acupuncturist or other Asian doctor, homeopath, healer or Martial Arts teacher (or maybe even a typical, western quack, if you can't find true doctors or healers) before attempting any major change in your health habits.

Step 1:

Acquire a lot of cigarettes. Smoke TOO MUCH. Spend the day/evening smoking more than you usually do, way more. Drink alcohol or coffee, if you have to, to make it possible - just make sure you smoke the -ampersand-asterisk-questionmark-exclamationpoint-atmark-etc. out of them. And when you feel like you can't smoke anymore, smoke some more. Just make sure that you are feeling repulsed by even the thought of smoking when you are halfway through the evening, and do your best to smoke all the way until you pass out or go to sleep.

Step 2:

After you wake up, feel such a hangover and repulsion towards cigarettes, that you voluntarily decide to "put off" smoking the first morning cigarette, just for awhile.

Step 3:

Let that 'while' grow longer.

For me, it is now basically many years long, and I can't see myself smoking in near future, unless something really weird happens (I have learned to deal with problems, frustration, anger and other emotionally difficult experiences without cigarettes during these years, for example).

Step 4:

Learn some breathing exercizes that you can do instead of smoking. Learn better habits to replace the 'void' left by the sudden lack of the smoking ritual. If you have a balcony, keep going there, just like you used to (if you used to, that is), but instead of smoking, learn to breathe the fresh air (might be difficult with the painful lungs during the next day from the experiment, but later on, it should be doable), like it is a cigarette. Your lungs will get a 'fix', and you will get a 'psychological fix', and the breathing exercizes will also bring a sort of mellow 'fix' as well (hard to describe, but this happens in a subtle way, especially when your lungs grow cleaner and stronger).

Step 5 (Optional, but useful):

Learn to meditate. A few-minute meditation every morning will already help turn your mind away from lusting for cancer rolls. The balanced and lively energy that usually awakens in meditation, also helps in bringing you a 'fix' of sorts, although it takes awhile before it starts being obvious (it's very subtle, and meditation can take months to really 'kick in' as a powerful experience - but it's there). Meditation also helps with the side-effects of not-smoking - the possible rage and irritation, and all that. And it has many benefits in any case, and no bad sides whatsoever. There is almost no reason not to meditate, except laziness and life circumstances / life plan / karma / etc.

Step 6:

Realize that the lust will probably come - but realize also, that you when it does, instead of obeying it, you are free to actually OBSERVE it, while you wait for it to lessen and go away. Also make note of WHEN it comes, so it is more predictable. I think it's usual for such a thing to happen after a meal, and during certain situations when you have used to smoke (these are of course very individual for everyone, so I can't list yours, only you can). For example, if you used to smoke after taking a shower, after a meal, before going to a meeting, after coming home from work, after sex, or so on - you can ANTICIPATE the craving/lust/widthdrawal symptoms to strengthen at those times - and you can prepare for them. Then, when it comes, it's easier to handle, when you KNOW that 1) You can just observe it and 2) That it will go away soon.

I think with these steps, you (or anyone) should be off to a good start, if you really want to let it go.. maybe it is your time now, perhaps you have already had enough of it, and it serves no useful purpose in your life anymore.

I hope I was of help.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
We can't even get e-cigs with nicotine in them in Canada. The government makes money hand over fist taxing cigarette sales so I guess they decided they couldn't have a healthy cost effective alternative chipping away at their bottom line.

Yes you can. And its legal. They pulled a fast one, not actually making it illegal but saying they did. And they can still often use credit cards, but usually do a bank account online transfer, because the paypal hates it. It was some kind of bullying tactic.

You just have to search for various canadian sources, some are government stooges and do the no nicotine, others do the various grades. For example, google ego twist batteries canada, and compare the links till you can find the ones with choices of nicotine strength.

Also for those who hate online banking, if the company is stuck with this method, you can just make a low cost or free savings account in another bank to do it. And just put money in for this.

I order esmokes, and will be moving to medium or 12 mgs next.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Arent you now saying after 10 months of being smoke free...youre now vapor-addicted? You apparently just traded up...er...down...

Still. Youre still doing one or the other.

I use this analogy: One places something in their mouth, lightly draws, blows out a vapor and spreads that vapor in mostly a room of others who don't do that.

I don't think youll see my point...too much vapor in the room!!!

PS Do your thing if that's it....you got that right...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Arent you now saying after 10 months of being smoke free...youre now vapor-addicted? You apparently just traded up...er...down...

Still. Youre still doing one or the other.

I use this analogy: One places something in their mouth, lightly draws, blows out a vapor and spreads that vapor in mostly a room of others who don't do that.

I don't think youll see my point...too much vapor in the room!!!

PS Do your thing if that's it....you got that right...

That's EXACTLY what I am saying.

You are EXACTLY right. That was easy, wasn't it? I'm still minus about 4,000 chemicals. I call it a win.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

to be fair now, eSmokes are very new and unregulated. What's actually in them, chemical wise, varies widely and has no authority as of yet which is tasked to control them. ( afaik )

For these reasons alone I could side with the establishment.

Personally, I have nothing against them, but I'm still getting used to seeing them places.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

boncho
Vaping,
"Sir, there is no esmokes allowed in here."

"Huh?"

I'm a heavy smoker and I think how the governments are treating Esmokes is a joke.
However, I do find it rude to be smoking these things in any place where normal smoking isn't allowed.

It is just common courtesy.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well said, OP. E-cigs were the ONE thing that finally got me to completely quit cigarettes. I travel down to Austin regularly for work and the bars down there are loaded with people who are vaping. Up in Minneapolis (where I live), it's a mixed bag. Some bars/restaurants I can vape and the servers won't say anything as long as I'm reasonably discreet.

The ones where I can't, it's because of other customers every single time. "Some of our guests complained about people using their e-cigarettes so we don't allow it now." Once I replied "Complained about what exactly?" The response was "They just didn't like seeing it."

Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive but it seems like another example of a certain group of people who profess to have a "liberal" attitude towards how people live their lives but who instead believe that people can live them anyway they want as long as its the way they deem appropriate.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Krahzeef_Ukhar

I'd be curious to know what your reason is for having this perspective.

Someone with an e-cig is breathing out water vapor that's typically odorless. It doesn't hang in the air, no carcinogens.. If someone had their back turned to an e-cig vaper, they'd never know they were using one.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar

boncho
Vaping,
"Sir, there is no esmokes allowed in here."

"Huh?"

I'm a heavy smoker and I think how the governments are treating Esmokes is a joke.
However, I do find it rude to be smoking these things in any place where normal smoking isn't allowed.

It is just common courtesy.

Why is it courtesy? No smoking is no smoking. This isn't smoking, it's vaping. If you have an asthma inhaler, you are doing the same thing.

Just because it "looks like" smoke, doesn't make it smoke. And non of the regulations, laws, or negative side effects of smoke are present. In other words, not applicable.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

IDenyEverything
Burning chemicals changes their "make-up". What does your science say about the ingredients you use after they are altered by fire? We need scientific evidence not people's hopes and dreams regarding e-cigs. I hope they are all that they claim they are, but we have seen this time and time again...good luck!

reply to post by WP4YT

Ecigs are not "burning" anything though. That's precisely the point...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This subject makes me wonder about vaping of alcohol. Technically it is not imbibing, so could a place vape alcohol after the cutoff time since it is not drinking, but rather inhaling? To my knowledge the effect should be the same.

Also, could there be some nicotine/alcohol in a basin to soak your feet in to absorb the effects? It is not consuming by any conventional means, but the effect should be there to some degree.

It comes down to regulation and prohibition as a blanket law that is similar to telling children "No", while ignoring that people do what they will do, and someone telling them "no". In this case imo, it's because of money

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Go see your local doc he can prescribe Chamtex for you, it is a govt funded program in OZ.
You can buy the egig in OZ but you have to buy the filters in NZ.

www.ecigs.net.au...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You vapors act like the vapor is harmless. It is not. Even though its not as harmful as real cig smoke, there are still several carcinogens that have been identified in e-cig vapor. Also because the liquid nicotine used to fill the cigs is not regulated by FDA or anyone, we don't know what else is in all those different brands of liquid nicotine to test for other carcinogens.

If we let people start vaping in bars and resturants (enclosed spaces) freely, they will fill those places with vapor/pollution, and it will be unavoidable by people who don't want to inhale it.

Source:
www.prevention.com...

I think it should be banned in enclosed public places. I hope for the safety of my parents and friends, that the FDA starts to regulate the liquid nicotine as well. They are inhaling stuff they can't guarantee is legitimate, and don't know the ingredients. That is alarming.

I sure hope some idiot doesn't buy some junk/fake liquid nicotine poison off eBay, take a puff in a public place, and exhale it in my vicinity.
edit on 24-3-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

You vapors act like the vapor is harmless. It is not. Even though its not as harmful as real cig smoke, there are still several carcinogens that have been identified in e-cig vapor. Also because the liquid nicotine used to fill the cigs is not regulated by FDA or anyone, we don't know what else is in all those different brands of liquid nicotine to test for other carcinogens.

Self regulated, and the ingredients are FDA approved food additives, besides the nicotine so long as it is USP grade it is very easy to say, yes we know what's in them. And what is in them may warrant manufacturing regulations, but not out right bans.

Your source is all a lot of BS. Most of it all came out of tobacco influence when esmokes first hit the market.

Conclusion of New Glantz Study on Electronic Cigarettes is Junk Science

f we let people start vaping in bars and resturants (enclosed spaces) freely, they will fill those places with vapor/pollution, and it will be unavoidable by people who don't want to inhale it.

And... You exhale "pollution" with every breath. And don't forget toxic and deadly emissions when you pass gas. Although farting may be faux pax, I don't believe it is banned anywhere.

I hope for the safety of my parents and friends, that the FDA starts to regulate the liquid nicotine as well. They are inhaling stuff they can't guarantee is legitimate, and don't know the ingredients. That is alarming.

You roll the dice anytime you consume any food produced in China. Even with regulations, it's not as though every shipment of ____ is tested. The numbers were actually a little alarming last time it came up on the forum.

The ecig industry is self regulated, with professional trade associations who advise owner operators. A responsible distributor/retailer will send their products to a lab to have them tested twice a year. There are regulations that already apply, (like having child proof caps etc.)

edit on 25-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are spot on. The Tobacco Industry is very powerful, they lobby extensively and as been proven time and time again, they have no moral fibre at all. They are the lowest of the low.

But they like the $$$ and the Governments like the tax revenue and of course there are the lobbyists.

The industry is a cancer on the human race.

P

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Self regulated? LOL. That basically means "not regulated". It means any con-artist can open his own vaporizer store and sell liquid nicotine he mixed in his basement. Yes, some of the chemicals found in these toxic liquid nicotine mixtures have been approved by the FDA, but the mixtures as a whole are not regulated by the FDA. Again, Joe Shmoe can mix some in his basement and legally sell it without FDA involvement.

Yes, you are right about humans exhaling pollution normally, it's called CO2, and it is unavoidable. Same with other natural gases released by a human. However, exhaling nicotine in an enclosed space IS AVOIDABLE, hence why it should be banned in enclosed public places. Why add to the pollution unnecessarily?

Wow, your drug is so addicting it will get you to say and deny anything. You've got a serious problem.
edit on 25-3-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Let me ask you a question Bronco....

What if tomorrow some chemist invented some new drug that you can inhale using a vaporizer, and all these kids started vaping it in enclosed public places that you enjoy going to. We will call this drug "Slow Suicide". This new drug is really bad for your health, can kill you, age you faster, its a neurotoxin, will kill children, give you cardiac arrest, high blood pressure, all these bad side effects that no health conscious happy person would want to get involved in even if the side effects are unproven, because they are not dumb enough to get involved, or trust the studies are wrong or right.

You wouldn't mind if a group full of people polluted your personal space with this new drug, and inflicted these known or unknown side effects on your body without your consent?

I'm really interested to see the mental gymnastics your nicotine induced psychosis suffering brain is going to do to rationalize this question.
edit on 25-3-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Let me ask you a question Bronco....

What if tomorrow some chemist invented some new drug that you can inhale using a vaporizer, and all these kids started vaping it in enclosed public places that you enjoy going to. We will call this drug "Slow Suicide". This new drug is really bad for your health, can kill you, age you faster, its a neurotoxin, will kill children, give you cardiac arrest, high blood pressure, all these bad side effects that no health conscious happy person would want to get involved in even if the side effects are unproven, because they are not dumb enough to get involved, or trust the studies are wrong or right.

You wouldn't mind if a group full of people polluted your personal space with this new drug, and inflicted these known or unknown side effects on your body without your consent?

I don't know, does the drug show protective effects against alzheimer's like nicotine does, or is it more like that deadly caffeine you are talking about?

Or better yet, what if a subsidized industry was causing massive obesity rates and diabetes, but it also made sugary sodas easy and cheap to make. Would they allow high fructose corn syrup to be sold to our kids? Subsdized no less.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes, you are right about humans exhaling pollution normally, it's called CO2, and it is unavoidable. Same with other natural gases released by a human. However, exhaling nicotine in an enclosed space IS AVOIDABLE, hence why it should be banned in enclosed public places. Why add to the pollution unnecessarily?

1. Farting is avoidable but it can be held in.
2. Nicotine released is in trace amounts as it's absorbed by the lungs. No different than the H2S in your farts.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

boncho
When you hear this kind of thing you want to dig deep in your emotions, let out a fiery tirade of rage and pull apart whatever logic this person might be using to tell why that vapour is not allowed. You really want to hear the reasoning they have, just so you can laugh about how stupid it is.

This type of thing happens more often than you think. About 25,000 times a minute per capita. You see this sort of thing doesn't have as much to do with the actions as it does the ego. This situation has roots to the ego in needing control. In order for a soulless human to maintain mental structure in the world that have to keep identifying to itself that they have control. This produces a chemical in our mind called Maya (the term maya is not scientific like dopamine but dopamine itself is mysterious in that it can produce a variety of results, maya is delusion). It is the functionality and existence of a human being that does not believe in spirit. All it takes is to believe, and suddenly we are open minded and see that not believing was out of stubbornness and not educated guesses.

I'm not here to persuade, but here to say that the ego needs to put others to shame in order to survive. This is the answer to good and evil on earth. This is why people create thoughts and actions that effect others who will not be able to understand why.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join