It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm sorry, but electronic cigarettes are not allowed here."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

WP4YT

Johnjn6
I would say if you want to "smoke" those things do it in your own home or the smoking space provided.
E-cigs still contain and emit various chemicals, which vary depending on the brand, that have still not been proven 100% safe. And until they are, why should you be allowed to smoke these things near me or my kids.
Also you might not have considered the staff of places such as restraunts, bars, shops etc who then have to try and distinguish between the customers smoking e-cigs and those who may try to smoke real cigs, which can be very difficult unless up close and can put them in a very awkward position. Did you ever consider this or were you being self centred as many smokers (not all) are.

The chemicals that come out of your car are worse. And don't say there's no studies of what chemicals come out. It's basic chemistry. Please stop driving your car around my kids.

The difference is driving is a necessity for some (i.e to commute to and from work). smoking is a choice.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnjn6

So is driving. Take the bus, ride a bike, or walk. Sorry. Just had to be that guy

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with your OP boncho. I've been vaping for almost 5-6 years now, as long as I've known eCigs to be around, and I have not touched a regular cigarette since.

I've done plenty of my own homework on their efficacy & safety, and just in my personal experience I can safely say I feel better & breathe better than I did when I smoked. So when I'm out in public (or even at my roommate's parents place occasionally) I'll get the occasional person who pulls the "We won't allow your eCig in here"-card and it just drives me crazy.

I've argued with a few but find it mostly pointless because even if I manage to find some sort of actual study which shows their safety, the person will write it off as some sort of crazy-talk propaganda...

S&F

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It is close enough to smoking, that I went straight from 2 packs a day to vaping. I didn't cut back on the cigarettes, I cut them out all at once and just vaped.

The set up you get, the juices you use, will have a part in how hard it hits. I would recommend a basic ego set up for anyone just starting out.

This set up is pretty cheap if you are just wanting to give it a try:

www.madvapes.com...

If you are pretty serious about it, you can start with a kit with more than one battery so you can have one while one is charging.

www.madvapes.com...

I also found it was easier to not think about going back to cigarettes by buying juices that do not taste anything like tobacco. You may be different, and yes... you can get liquid that is as close to brand name cigarettes as the real thing.

I smoke mostly lemonade and grape flavors, and you would be amazed at how close this stuff tastes to the actual thing. It's an enjoyable thing for me at this point and I don't think I will give up vaping any time soon. I enjoy it just as much as I did the real thing.

Both of these set ups should give you that kick to the back of the throat that real cigarettes do and that I still crave to this day.

You can always upgrade your kit if you decide you like it well enough to invest more money. I have seen mods that cost over $200. I still use a similar set up as what I have shown you, with a few tweaks here and there. It suits my needs just fine and has done so for almost 10 months.

You can do it if it you put your mind to it!!

Disclaimer - I have not ordered from this company before. I just used them to give you an idea of what a lot of beginners start with.
edit on 3/21/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Johnjn6

So is driving. Take the bus, ride a bike, or walk. Sorry. Just had to be that guy

I would be 4 hours a day on 3 different buses and cycling or walking would take me about a week there and back.
When smoking an e-cig saves you 2 hours a day to spend with your family then you'd have a point. Otherwise you don't.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnjn6

So you created an acct on ATS, just to bad mouth e-cigs? Thats the only topic on all of ATS that interests you in 2 days time?

Did Ecigs say bad things about you at one point where thats all you are focused on?

I dont get how you can blow off everybodies health compared to saving time??? I mean thats your whole arguement against e-cigs is to just ignore the points made about how much worse off everybody is about other stuff than a few puffs of WATER VAPOR?? I mean really? water vapor... You have to be kidding right? This is what you are worried about? Not the mass pollution caused by slave factories, or exhaust from peoples cars going to their slave jobs... its people exhaling flavored water vapor that has you angry?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks so much! I appreciate the reply and the advice. I am pretty excited about this. I bought a carton today to tide me over as it's still cheaper than the amount I'm going to have to spend to get set up, but the first bit of extra money I have I'll be trying this out and purchasing a kit. If I can reduce my risk of lung cancer AND save money, while hopefully quitting all together, I see no downside to giving it a shot.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

No problem Seraph. I am glad whenever I can help anyone with quitting. I am no expert by any means, but I am familiar with lots of different products that are out for vaping. Send me a U2U anytime, and I will try to help with anything I can... from equipment, liquids, etc. Getting excited about it definitely helps make quitting easier. I am excited for you and anyone else that wants to quit. It's a hard road at times and we can all help each other with it as more of us quit.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Think of it, as an investment into your health!!

I really enjoy the hobby aspect of it, at the more advanced level... building my own coils, sub ohm dual nano coils... oh yah huge clouds that fill my car in 1 drag! haha.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Moving the goalposts after the game has begun..the basis for any good conspiracy. Smokers are generally passive and generally non-comital as we are buzzing with a drug...perhaps look at smoking for the narcotic effect a ciggie every hour and the pleasure smoke of when one feels like one would enjoy a smoke....Nicotine is a drug that is legal and feeds tax revenue and keeps the health industry employed...smoke on I say! Especially as there is no scientific proof at all that coating your lungs with ciggie smoke/tar will protect from the onslaught of exhaust from cars..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I was recently in hospital for surgery.

As most hospitals in Australia supply patches to patients who are smokers and the fact I don't like patches because of the itching and burning they cause to my skin, I asked the hospital staff if I could use my E-cigg, with nicotine liquid that I had sent away for due to them being illegal to sell here in Australia.

They had no problems what so ever with me puffing on my E-cigg in the recovery ward..!!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

morder1
reply to post by Johnjn6

So you created an acct on ATS, just to bad mouth e-cigs? Thats the only topic on all of ATS that interests you in 2 days time?

Did Ecigs say bad things about you at one point where thats all you are focused on?

I dont get how you can blow off everybodies health compared to saving time??? I mean thats your whole arguement against e-cigs is to just ignore the points made about how much worse off everybody is about other stuff than a few puffs of WATER VAPOR?? I mean really? water vapor... You have to be kidding right? This is what you are worried about? Not the mass pollution caused by slave factories, or exhaust from peoples cars going to their slave jobs... its people exhaling flavored water vapor that has you angry?

I'm flattered that you've took so much time learning about when I joined etc.
I have never once denied that cars cause pollution, as well as factories and other sources. However THIS post is about e-cigs and the merits of being able to smoke them in public. And as for you saying it's "water vapor" then perhaps you should look into them more closely. It is not just water that goes in them. There are many different types some of which are banned due to the chemicals in them.
On a note I have never said don't smoke them ( if inhaling chemicals by choice floats your boat then go ahead), I have simply said if you are going to smoke them then do it in a designated smoking area.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Johnjn6

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Johnjn6

I would be 4 hours a day on 3 different buses and cycling or walking would take me about a week there and back.
When smoking an e-cig saves you 2 hours a day to spend with your family then you'd have a point. Otherwise you don't.

Smoking an ecig saves me more than 2 hours a day with my family. It will save me many years vs. Smoking realcigs and dying early of cancer

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Johnjn6

morder1
reply to post by Johnjn6

I'm flattered that you've took so much time learning about when I joined etc.
I have never once denied that cars cause pollution, as well as factories and other sources. However THIS post is about e-cigs and the merits of being able to smoke them in public. And as for you saying it's "water vapor" then perhaps you should look into them more closely. It is not just water that goes in them. There are many different types some of which are banned due to the chemicals in them.
On a note I have never said don't smoke them ( if inhaling chemicals by choice floats your boat then go ahead), I have simply said if you are going to smoke them then do it in a designated smoking area.

I make my own fluid for them. The ingredients are food grade popylene glycol natural flavorings, and nicotine. 2 of those ingredients are in food you eat every day. And the nicotine is impossible for you to ingest via second hand.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

WP4YT

Johnjn6

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Johnjn6

Smoking an ecig saves me more than 2 hours a day with my family. It will save me many years vs. Smoking realcigs and dying early of cancer

Surely that should have been motivation enough to give up smoking in the first place. And as I've stated several times ,'I have nothing against e-cigs as long as they are done in your own space'. So good for you if they've helped you quit smoking.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think you answered your own question when you state they "guess" it is not harmful, "likely" it is safe, and no scientific research has been done! I do not see how any person with any kind of common sense could expect any other person to be ok with e-cigarettes reading your own statements. The only people claiming their harmlessness are the companies selling them and people using them; well by that measure they must be safe! Ha ha ha ha.... Come back to reality and stop being selfish by pushing your own bad habits upon other people, grow up!

reply to post by boncho

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Burning chemicals changes their "make-up". What does your science say about the ingredients you use after they are altered by fire? We need scientific evidence not people's hopes and dreams regarding e-cigs. I hope they are all that they claim they are, but we have seen this time and time again...good luck!

reply to post by WP4YT

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Those in charge don't seem to care about all the "legal" chemicals in our food and on our crops and everywhere else that is doing damage in irreparable ways, but they will focus on something this mundane, when there is no evidence at all that it is harming anyone, aside from maybe the person using it, but I don't even know if that has been established.

None of the arguments that they've used seem to hold any water at all. Like many have pointed out, their logic is quite flawed. When something like that happens, it leads me to believe that there is some reason behind it that we're not being told. Otherwise, they would have to be extremely dumb to use such shaky arguments and expect people to buy them.

I don't smoke, and I can understand why people wouldn't want to be around the real thing, but these electronic devices are completely different, and thus attempting to apply any of the same laws is just plain ignorant.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I don't know why all these places want to ban ecigs. I have a coworker who went to ecigs, and she is feeling way better. She said that she never really realized how badly she smelled until she quit regular smokes and went to the ecigs. She can taste food better, and she says she feels way better and has more stamina.

I've never smoked, but I have experienced plenty of second hand smoke, and it's nasty. With ecigs, there is no stinky smoke, just vapor. The bar and grill I go to has no problem with ecigs, and neither do I. I don't smell anything nasty in the air or any of that kind of thing, and don't experience the migraines and nose bleeds I normally do when exposed to second hand smoke from regular cigarettes.

I feel that big tobacco wants to see the ecigs banned so that they don't continue to lose money.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

IDenyEverything
I think you answered your own question when you state they "guess" it is not harmful, "likely" it is safe, and no scientific research has been done! I do not see how any person with any kind of common sense could expect any other person to be ok with e-cigarettes reading your own statements. The only people claiming their harmlessness are the companies selling them and people using them; well by that measure they must be safe! Ha ha ha ha.... Come back to reality and stop being selfish by pushing your own bad habits upon other people, grow up!

reply to post by boncho

The ingredients are all approved food additives, and the main one chemically, if you were going to define it, cousin of caffeine.

In any case, a ton of scientific research exists for each component in them. Specifically, just not the delivery method. So you can easily make an educated guess that it is safe.

In light of that, there are numerous studies showing how toxic and carcinogenic benzene is, yet we still have to breath it in every time you run an engine. And... there's no scientific research on a million things, or was there when they hit the market.

If you call for banning something unless it is scientifically proven to be useful or safe, you may as well just say anything that doesn't exist is automatically banned.

edit on 23-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join