It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm sorry, but electronic cigarettes are not allowed here."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

lol

in any venue in AU you can't take your own drinks...unless BYO and then you get charged a 'cork' fee.

if the venue sold the e smokes and made a huge profit, then it would prolly be ok...like Nowan mentioned before.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What is the price comparison between real cigarettes and e-cigarettes? And at what point does it become less expensive to have use e-cigs than real cigs?

How much do the replacements for the e-cigs cost?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I just checked that out.
Seems to fit the bill exactly! TY!

No problem.
I have a place I can get them for $9.99. I have 2 I have been using steadily for about 6 months. It's not ego brand, but they have worked longer than 2 of my other ego branded batteries. Let me know and I can send you the link via U2U if you want. I am not affiliated with the company or those who run it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

ChaosEpsilon
What is the price comparison between real cigarettes and e-cigarettes? And at what point does it become less expensive to have use e-cigs than real cigs?

Ecigs save me about $65/$75 a week averaged out. You can buy different set ups and as with anything, you can go from pretty cheap to sky high. I can get a battery that lasts for months on end for about $10.00. The liquid, atomizers, and clearos are all affordable and can be used for long periods of time as well.

A carton of cigarettes here costs from $40.00 (cheapest) to $60.00. My husband and I were going through about 2 1/2 cartons a week of the cheap cigarettes. He still smokes and uses less than a carton a week now. I say I am saving $65.00/$75 a week at least and that is MINUS the cost of my ecig habit.
edit on 3/20/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I switched to e cigs (Ego-c upgrade battery with kanger protank 2). Currently vaping 12 mg nico with the delicious flavor or Zebra stripe gum. Tastes just like it. I havent had a cig in over a year, and I've gotten 5 buddies to quit cigs as well.

I mean really, vaping propylene glycol, which people ingest regularly in many foods and drinks, and vegetable glycerin, vs. the 400+ chemicals in cigs...come on people.

It's just the barbarians reacting to their first experience with fire man...
edit on 20-3-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
We can't even get e-cigs with nicotine in them in Canada. The government makes money hand over fist taxing cigarette sales so I guess they decided they couldn't have a healthy cost effective alternative chipping away at their bottom line.

Its insanely easy to get ejuice with nicotine in Canada, walk into any headshop in any city and ask for it. It comes in several diff strengths.

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago using an ecig and its the best thing for smokers to quit as far as im concerned. No withdrawls, no stress & no desire to smoke cigarets ever again and I have been smoking for 20 years and wanting to quit for the last few years but no luck with patch or gum.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

ChaosEpsilon

I go through a bottle of 24mg juice in just over a week: cost $8

New burners are $2 each and last me about a week each.

Starter kit was $120 and came with 2 ecigs & batts, charger & case & 10ml juice.

I bought a high capacity battery for $30.

Looks like I will be spending about $45 a month compared to the approx. $200 a month I was spending.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ive been smoke free since august 2nd... Vaping saved my life.

My work also has a no-ecig policy, and ive converted nearly everybody, including a manager of mine... It works out that way when everybody does it

Im so sick of big tobacco and their lobby efforts against vaping... Ugh so sick of lobbying, I mean bribery, all together TBH.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

ChaosEpsilon

It can vary.. like me, I became "addicted" to trying every flavor I could get my hands on... for me it might not have been cheaper... but I have a buddy who I gave my old battery/tank setup, and a 30ml bottle($10) will last him for 2-3 weeks... He doesnt like other flavors, just 1 or 2 mint flavored ones...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Dapaga
Remember when Blockbuster had a chance to buy Netflix?

The big tobacco companies should jump on the bandwagon. I am just as addicted to my e-cig as I was to the real thing.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Dapaga because: clarification

They are, and they suck horribly at it...

Ever heard of BLU? yeah... they are horrible, taste like crap. no vapor... just all around bad.

Which IMO is done on purpose to dissuade people from trying the real thing... just force feed this crap at every gas station(by threatening the stores to promote BLU, or they will pull "their" major brand of cigs off the counters).

People try a "cigalike" blu or whatever other dispossable piece of crap, hate it, and go right back to their cigs. (happened to me, and a few others until I found out about the real vaping, and informed them as well.)
edit on 20-3-2014 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I vape as well. The only thing that concerns me is this. I HATE perfume, I HATE getting on an airplane with some stinky person. I think it is offensive to our nose. That being said, I am careful to not make anyone smell my flavors even if they are too clueless to do the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

lotusfoot
I vape as well. The only thing that concerns me is this. I HATE perfume, I HATE getting on an airplane with some stinky person. I think it is offensive to our nose. That being said, I am careful to not make anyone smell my flavors even if they are too clueless to do the same.

Perfume will soon be verboten as will incense, baby powder (which also happens to be an explosive when atomized in the open air as is corn starch or any fine particulates), menthol gum and candies... it is a fearful and helpless new world out there.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It is already illegal in my area. The busy bodies wasted no time.

I tried them but for me it was a Fail...

I could not keep that damn thing lit.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What Id like to know is why getting high on Tobacco should be allowed in public,

But not other substances.

ITs always annoyed me when dealing with smokers in general.

Why do I have to tolerate your drug addiction and allow for your "habit"

Grow up, its a drug, just like alcohol or anything else, an no you shouldn't be allowed to have your fix when ever and where ever you want.

NOW if you wan't to legallise drinking in public and other substances, Will talk, but until than tobacco addict tugging on an vaporizer is no different than an Alcoholic needed a disguised bottle of vodka to make it through the day.

You have a chemical dependency that you are demanding the right to sate anywhere and anytime, yea its the general public with the "problem"

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

NOW if you wan't to legallise drinking in public and other substances, Will talk, but until than tobacco addict tugging on an vaporizer is no different than an Alcoholic needed a disguised bottle of vodka to make it through the day.

I am a libertarian.
I think it should all be legal.

Let us kill ourselves as fast or slow as we like.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Give me a break, as far as the 'getting high' aspect of tobacco and nicotine, a cigarette gets a person about as high as a cup of coffee. Should we ban coffee 'use' in public as well?? Probably so... Last time i checked many are addicted to their coffee as well.

Get off the high horse; I am pretty sure 95% of people on this planet have some form of a chemical dependence or another. Everyone has their vices.
edit on 20-3-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

benrl
What Id like to know is why getting high on Tobacco should be allowed in public,

Grow up, its a drug, just like alcohol or anything else, an no you shouldn't be allowed to have your fix when ever and where ever you want.

You have a chemical dependency that you are demanding the right to sate anywhere and anytime, yea its the general public with the "problem"

So, make public consumption of coffee, biscuits and fresh berries illegal too?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

benrl

i bet you are a hoot at a house party ben live a little

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
not sure where i fall on the issue. it seems to me to be less dangerous on the second hand smoke/vapor part. but then it could be just cant see the vapors as you can the smoke so that it just seems safer.

Article about whats in the vapor

if what that says is the care then i don't want to breath it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

beezzer
For all the talk about the dangers of smoking and the social "pariah" status placed on smoking. . . . politicians WANT to have people continue to smoke.

Vaping doesn't garner tax dollars. Vaping isn't as addictive.

I am actually going to disagree with you here a bit.
Vaping is addictive if you use nicotine, as nicotine is addictive.
However, people whom have transitioned over from ciggies to e-cigs normally progress downward in nicotine content until you hit zero anyhow (^5 btw for transitioning.). but, yeah, there is addictive qualities to a high dose nicotine juice the same as a cigarette...just without all the other bad crap found in a smoke.

I do agree though that state governments want you to continue smoking. smoke tax is a nice gold harvest for tax dollars.
Expect for sin taxes to hit sugar next though once smoking doesn't have enough payback.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join