It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Says we Don't Have Much Time Left (New Report)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
In a policymic.com article titled "NASA Study Concludes When Civilization Will End, And It's Not Looking Good for Us" , we're posed with the jarring fact that the age-old struggle between the "Elite" and the "Commoners" will inevitably consume and destroy human society just as it has done in the past, however on an unprecedented scale of course.

The article states that:

all societal collapses over the past 5,000 years have involved both "the stretching of resources due to the strain placed on the ecological carrying capacity" and "the economic stratification of society into Elites [rich] and Masses (or "Commoners") [poor]."
...according to Safa Motesharrei of the National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center along with a team of natural and social scientists.

The 1% are going to strangle the planet in their insatiable greed:

This "Elite" population restricts the flow of resources accessible to the "Masses", accumulating a surplus for themselves that is high enough to strain natural resources. Eventually this situation will inevitably result in the destruction of society.

This is news, my friends:

As of last year, humans are using more resources than the Earth can replenish and the planet's distribution of resources among its terrestrial inhabitants is massively unequal. This is what happened to Rome and the Mayans....

The mathematicians are basically saying, in all realistic and even probabilistic terms, that; the data shows that we are doomed within a few decades unless we take a drastic turn in a better direction. One that is not so obcessed with technology, because, as the report states:

Technological change can raise the efficiency of resource use, but it also tends to raise both per capita resource consumption and the scale of resource extraction, so that, absent policy effects, the increases in consumption often compensate for the increased efficiency of resource use.

I really don't think we can do it. Whatever "it" is that we need to do, I truly think the majority of us are too stupid and/or lazy to fix it at this point. As of last year we passed the tipping point. And as stated in the article:

Elite power will buffer "detrimental effects of the environmental collapse until much later than the Commoners," allowing the privileged to "continue 'business as usual' despite the impending catastrophe."

...so when exactly are people going to stop writing their bleeding Congressmen with wishes of a better world? It's no better than writing Santa a wonderful list of things that you REALLY REALLY need. You're going to get a pair of pajamas... IF you're lucky. The Elite will give us exactly what THEY feel we need to survive, and not much more. Look around.

It's time to shape up or ship out, and guess what?

All ABOARD!

edit on 20-3-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

DAMN. Alrighty then quickdraw... you win this round.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I think that quantum computing in the near future is the solution. I'm done, close the thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I'd be inclined to agree with you, mostly because I can't fathom the implications of quantum computing, few can... but even so, there needs to be a fundamental shift in the way we do things, from the top down.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I think that the implications of a bit being a 1, 0, both, or neither can move us into a post-technological world. Without a doubt. I'm surprised that very many futurists don't factor quantum computing into their equations.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Someone needs to throw this report at Obama and say this is from one of YOUR agencies ....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GOD DAMMIT !

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Who are the elite, the 13 families the bank of international settlements.?

Nasa better pull its finger out and develop warp drive

edit on 20-3-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Anyone of us could come to that same conclusion!

Simple solution, hang all the 1% from the nearest lamppost and get on with the redistribution of their wealth and resources.

If you don't agree with me that's fine but keep in mind that "There" solution involves World War Three!

edit on 20-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
As regards Rome, it collapsed due to internecine fighting, and its army being spread too thin, allowing 'barbarians' to invade, it is estimated that at its height, Rome had one million people, it take a high degree of organisation to feed that many people, grain from Egypt, Britannia, and elsewhere was shipped in every day, the resources were there, but not the manpower for the army, by the end, the army was mostly 'foreign' anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

No wonder we can see the cops cracking down on the public slowly making us less likely to raise our heads to complain about the obvious.

Provided this report is not snuffed out perhaps enough people will read it and we can carry on with things like Occupy Wall Street and niggle away. I do wonder what would happen if people boycotted elections in the West - I specify because it looks, from the Russian speaking Crimeans that if people decide to hold referendums to get rid of puppet governments they genuinely don't want, then they can do it, though whether they will all rejoice in the change in the long run, who knows as Putin is very popular with many Russians?

There has to be a balance between capitalism and communism that we haven't tried yet, perhaps we need a new breed of politicians and to pay for their campaigns out of public funds, not the elite's.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I find the just of what NASA is saying either foolish or hypocritical .First the mathematicians and there models ,unless better then the climate models they used that have failed big time to have any predictability value to them .If there is one institute that has needed technology to exist ,it's NASA . You would think that getting the climate models at least better then throwing bones might be a priority for them .

There are things we can do as individuals .One of the first things is to not be distracted and believe what these Government agencies tell us .They get their political marching orders just like the politicians .Start thinking local and shop local instead of where the TV tells us to ....peace

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

andy06shake

Anyone of us could come to that same conclusion!

Simple solution, hang all the 1% from the nearest lamppost and get on with the redistribution of their wealth and resources.

If you don't agree with me that's fine but keep in mind that "There" solution involves World War Three!

edit on 20-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

funny i suggested just that recently and got a bombardment of harassment for suggesting a culling of the 1%...but if we want to fix this problem that would work...at least in the short term

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Were all doomed I tell you dooooooooooomed! I wish I could be a little more positive but truth is I have no faith in humanity whats so ever. Everyone who is smart enough to see this happening don't have enough power and influence to make a difference and will just get turned down by the rich and powerful money hording pricks who lead our world. Its all about the money folks.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
99% is obviously way more than 1%, yet nothing from the 99% can beat the 1%?
Very odd math huh?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

As I see it, this is not a problem which concerns ways of computing or money or really who has the most of it.

This is largely a problem of bread and beans, and how to get enough of these basic resources to those who need them.
You can build a computer which can answer your questions before you think to ask them, but if you don't have enough food to keep you alive, it won't mean much.
These are the type of resources which need to be addressed for any humanity to survive.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've been working on starting my own nation. It's about all I can do to save the human race. The current governments that rule the world are too busy fighting over resources and space when there is literally an entire galaxy full of resources. I just need more people to make it happen. How is it a man running something like Jonestown can gather followers just to kill them all but when I attempt to get people who are willing to work to save an entire species people only say, "good luck with that." or some other ridiculous comment.

People are always saying how screwed we are but nobody wants to step up and help me fix it. For countless generations problems were passed off as something that future generations would have to fix or deal with. Well I'm trying to deal with it and stop that cycle of thinking.

Is there anyone on this website who is willing to join me in attempting to fix things?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

I'm working on something along the lines of what you speak of.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes.
But you are forgetting 2 significant pieces.

1 The Return.

2 The age of Aquarius.

That's the difference.

Although this time is going to be all so different considering people have made a mockery.

Mark my words.

Watch for the signs. We're here.

edit on 20-3-2014 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

all societal collapses over the past 5,000 years have involved both "the stretching of resources due to the strain placed on the ecological carrying capacity" and "the economic stratification of society into Elites [rich] and Masses (or "Commoners") [poor]."
Well, well, well. Exactly what I have been saying for quite some time now. The "Haves", and the "Have not's"

The two sides are pitted against each other through fabricated mindsets, given to them, covertly, in the hopes that eventually, this planet is expunged of all human Beings! Humans may stay as they are quite controllable, but at the same time, quite expendable.

Play it LOUD AND CLEAR, this is our future, unless............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join