It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Jihad ,Separating Muslims from the Khawarij

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

kdyam

LightningStrikesHere
reply to post by kdyam

I am sorry you feel that way ,but i would say your completely wrong, but its only cause of the lack of knowledge .

Dont be sorry, It's not a lack of knowledge on my part.. the Islamic countries have been killing each other and the "infidels" for thousands of years.. Its pretty clear and has been for centuries that Islam is not a peaceful religion, most of them aren't.. and all are based on books full of stories.... too bad that some people hold such blind faith.

I would never trust a man who wouldnt eat a maple smoked pig.. lol

Again i am sorry you feel this way ,your entitled to your opinion. And i respect it.

Humbly LSH

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

kdyam

Sremmos80

kdyam
Like most religions... Islam is a cult full of mindless worshipers who would and do gladly kill themselves and others in the name of their god. Years ago I thought that is was just a select few of them, Its not. The ones that I have met are somewhat nice, but they will kill in the name of their god just like christians, catholics and mormons do.

It's so sad that books full of stories can drive people to commit such heinous acts... So much so, in fact, that I have banned Dr. Seuss from my kids reading programs. There is as much truth in Dr. Seuss and Mother Goose as there is in the bible, the Koran and other religious texts, probably more. ... beware the children and the day they read too much into one fish two fish red fish blue fish........

Oh man, they will never know all the places they can go!
Sorry couldn't resist.

And yes I understand what has been said about his books and the possible hidden meanings behind his books, he would not be the first author to catch a rap like that though, if you started banning all those that had those allegations, wouldn't be much left to read

I imagine no catcher in the rye for the kids either right?

LOL... I havent actually banned any books from my kids... the post was sarcasm.... My kids can read anything they want to.. including the Koran... It's not the books that are the problem... its the select few charismatic individuals who brainwash those who read the books with interpretations of the context in said books that dont actually exist... all in the name of their own agendas..

Sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm, it gets missed in text sometimes

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Ok so, Wahhabi and Salafi have slightly different beliefs but both are orthodox Sunni and both claim to be pure Islam. I think what you are getting at is that some claim to be of a sect but do not abide by its tenets thus they are not what they claim to be. But I still am unclear, Ibn Abdul-wahhab was in fact a follower of the salaf and wahabi is generally used derogatorily as far as I can tell. So what are the major differences? I see I was flipping the terms. dif ferences between
edit on 20-3-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by kdyam

Talk about over-generalizations. There are actually (to your surprise) certain Christians that can be considered as being pacifist. One that clearly comes to mind is Jehovah's Witnesses. They don't partake of war or any of that. I think that you became what you hate; intolerant.

LOL.. you may be right... but I do hold a special place in my dark heart for witnesses... especially when they knock on my door when my kids are napping.. they knock and knock and the dogs bark... and bark.. and the no solicitation sign gets ignored.. time and time again... and they want me to read their watchtower magazine... and then they have no response to my questions like.. "why did you just rip of the peaceful side off mormons and call it a religion?" or "since you call your magazine the watchtower does than mean you like Jimmy Hendrix or Bob Dylan, and if so then do you guys drop acid and smoke pot?" They come through my neighborhood all the time and last time I answered the door in my underwear... but they are not as bad as the mormons who wont take NO! as an answer.. I just tell them I summon demons and worship the pantheon of gods and they leave... I try to have fun... but its so hard to put up with a bunch of fools who put their faith and souls into a books written by a man... not a god... I may start the church of Stephen King.... and have my postulates knock on doors wearing dark cloaks and carrying bloody knives.

edit on 20-3-2014 by kdyam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

kdyam

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by kdyam

Talk about over-generalizations. There are actually (to your surprise) certain Christians that can be considered as being pacifist. One that clearly comes to mind is Jehovah's Witnesses. They don't partake of war or any of that. I think that you became what you hate; intolerant.

LOL.. you may be right... but I do hold a special place in my dark heart for witnesses... especially when they knock on my door when my kids are napping.. they knock and knock and the dogs bark... and bark.. and the no solicitation sign gets ignored.. time and time again... and they want me to read their watchtower magazine... and then they have no response to my questions like.. "why did you just rip of the peaceful side off mormons and call it a religion?" or "since you call your magazine the watchtower does than mean you like Jimmy Hendrix or Bob Dylan, and if so then do you guys drop acid and smoke pot?" They come through my neighborhood all the time and last time I answered the door in my underwear... but they are not as bad as the mormons who wont take NO! as an answer.. I just tell them I summon demons and worship the pantheon of gods and they leave... I try to have fun... but its so hard to put up with a bunch of fools who put their faith and souls into a books written by a man... not a god... I may start the church of Stephen King.... and have my postulates knock on doors wearing dark cloaks and carrying bloody knives.

sure, once every 5 years they come?

u make it sound like every other day.
like everyone else.

you are another basher.

move to NYC.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

Ok so, Wahhabi and Salafi have slightly different beliefs but both are orthodox Sunni and both claim to be pure Islam. I think what you are getting at is that some claim to be of a sect but do not abide by its tenets thus they are not what they claim to be. But I still am unclear, Ibn Abdul-wahhab was in fact a follower of the salaf and wahabi is generally used derogatorily as far as I can tell. So what are the major differences? I see I was flipping the terms. dif ferences between
edit on 20-3-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Yes your very close ! I am very impressed !

I am learning right along with you
I have been Muslim now for about 3 years or so , but i have only recently began my studies on the salafi /wahabi ect ect

So ill try and provide as much info as I can. this is apart of islam that even muslims don't study lol .. give me some time to gather accurate info and ill happily answer your questions on the differences .

Humbly LSH

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
As I have said about ALL religions, I believe in God , I just don't believe in the modern day religions. All modern day religions command that you bow down and worship God, Allah, Yahweh, whatever. Here is the problem I have with religions, God being a perfect being would NEVER ask anyone to bow down and worship him/her, you see anyone commanding that you bow down and worship them has a personality flaw known as arrogance, meaning, I'm better than you so you should worship me. God being a perfect being does not have the personality flaw of arrogance, therefore God would never ask anyone to bow down and worship, because God does not need us to validate his arrogance. If I'm not mistaken it was the devil/Satan or whatever you want to call him who said to God that mankind should bow down and worship him/ and the other angels because they were better than man.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

AsSalaam Alaykum Ramatullahe wa Barakatuh

And a very good jihad it is...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Wow, a very informative piece indeed. Thanks for the thread, S/F.

I don't know much about Islam, but I've been trying to figure out why all the different 'factions' and violence; almost too much info on the internet to make sense of it, and rarely does anyone post specifics like this.

May I ask what prompted your conversion?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Thank you. There are very few people who share my interest especially from my position, I would be considered by most to be Agnostic. I still have maintained a deep curiosity in all religion even though I have never found what I seek.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, I'm cerainly learning new stuff.
It's a good thing you're doing, fella. Far too much notice is paid to the extremists and they don't get nearly enough of a telling off from the Islamic community, hopefully things are changing.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Salafist seem to demonize anything that goes beyond the shari'ah, terrorism in general and specifically attacks on civilians.

But others opinions differ- "Another definition of Salafi jihadism, offered by Mohammed M. Hafez, is an "extreme form of Sunni Islamism that rejects democracy and Shia rule." Hafez distinguished them from apolitical and conservative Salafi scholars (such as Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani, Muhammad ibn al Uthaymeen, Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz and Abdul-Azeez ibn Abdullaah Aal ash-Shaikh), but also from the sahwa movement associated with Salman al-Ouda or Safar Al-Hawali.[87]"
WIKI

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

AsSalaam Alaykum Ramatullahe wa Barakatuh

And a very good jihad it is...

Walkume Salam !

JazakALLAH kahir aki

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Wow, a very informative piece indeed. Thanks for the thread, S/F.

I don't know much about Islam, but I've been trying to figure out why all the different 'factions' and violence; almost too much info on the internet to make sense of it, and rarely does anyone post specifics like this.

May I ask what prompted your conversion?

Yes absolutely!

I wish i had time to tell you the journey of how i came to be MUSLIM ,but unfortunately i don't have the time , maybe ill make a thread in full detail .

But long story short , i used to be Christan , then went through a atheist period in my life ,researched many many different religions. Finally i decided to research my "enemy" (islam) and found out how beautiful and down to earth the religion was . Beyond that it gave me the 100 percent surety that their is indeed a creator . ..

Hope that helps a bit ,thanks for your post

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

DonVoigt
As I have said about ALL religions, I believe in God , I just don't believe in the modern day religions. All modern day religions command that you bow down and worship God, Allah, Yahweh, whatever. Here is the problem I have with religions, God being a perfect being would NEVER ask anyone to bow down and worship him/her, you see anyone commanding that you bow down and worship them has a personality flaw known as arrogance, meaning, I'm better than you so you should worship me. God being a perfect being does not have the personality flaw of arrogance, therefore God would never ask anyone to bow down and worship, because God does not need us to validate his arrogance. If I'm not mistaken it was the devil/Satan or whatever you want to call him who said to God that mankind should bow down and worship him/ and the other angels because they were better than man.

I have a big beef with Christians sometimes about this. I cannot see anyone like Jesus/Buddha/Rumi having an ego that some kind of garmented view is needed to be their soul brother/soul sister and follow them in action. If Jesus/Buddha/Rumi is beyond the flaw then god definitely is beyond the flaw.

I see this as blind idolizing a garment vs doing the work. But I think all people can reach the source of religion when you are ready to receive.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

Thank you. There are very few people who share my interest especially from my position, I would be considered by most to be Agnostic. I still have maintained a deep curiosity in all religion even though I have never found what I seek.

Hey brother may ALLAH (god) guide you !

Your story sounds just like mine ! I know exactly where you are spiritually, i was their for many years my self!

Believe me keep steadfast in your research and it will come to you!

See allot of people might not fully understand this ,but their are two types of understanding . One is what i call an "earthly understanding" of who we are and why we are here . Explainable by science ,well at least theorized . The other is what i call a spiritual understanding , and this is something that takes time and effort to understand. But once you make that spiritual connection the world seems to have meaning and purpose .

Keep searching my good man your on your way!!!

edit on 0382023133832th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

SprocketUK
Well, I'm cerainly learning new stuff.
It's a good thing you're doing, fella. Far too much notice is paid to the extremists and they don't get nearly enough of a telling off from the Islamic community, hopefully things are changing.

Perfect brother ! That makes me feel good to hear .

And your very correct ! "far to much notice is indeed paid to terrorist"
Thanks for your post
Peace and blessings be upon you brother

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

Salafist seem to demonize anything that goes beyond the shari'ah, terrorism in general and specifically attacks on civilians.

But others opinions differ- "Another definition of Salafi jihadism, offered by Mohammed M. Hafez, is an "extreme form of Sunni Islamism that rejects democracy and Shia rule." Hafez distinguished them from apolitical and conservative Salafi scholars (such as Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani, Muhammad ibn al Uthaymeen, Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz and Abdul-Azeez ibn Abdullaah Aal ash-Shaikh), but also from the sahwa movement associated with Salman al-Ouda or Safar Al-Hawali.[87]"
WIKI

Almost dead on ,except for a few good details .

Hadith (Arabic: حديث‎, /ˈhædɪθ/[1] or /hɑːˈdiːθ/[2]) in religious use is often translated as 'tradition', meaning a report of the deeds and sayings of Muhammad.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Put it this way salafi are not afraid to reject "HADITH" and they speak out when they find errors . most of the Muslim Umma (nation) does not agree on this .

But they will agree that their is "weak hadith" and "strong hadith" but due to lack of knowledge many muslims take hadith and use it For agendas ,such as suicide bombings ect ect . And this goes against the
Quran,which ultimately is the word of god.

Salafi only take knowledge from the shahaba (the first generations after the prophet PBUH) because through study we understand it is the most accurate records.

Muslims were very good at logging records for that time period . And such the evidence is traceable to that period of time.

Hope this helps a little bit . I am trying to explain it as i understand it ;-)

More to come !!
edit on 0552023135532th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

tsingtao

kdyam

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by kdyam

sure, once every 5 years they come?

u make it sound like every other day.
like everyone else.

you are another basher.

move to NYC.

We have a pretty large population of witnesses and Mormons around here. They come through my neighborhood about once a month and always in the afternoon while the kids are taking naps.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wish there were more of you and that you were more vocal and able to fight the radicals better.

I wish the ME would stop exporting the dangerous brand of Islam, the one the world calls Wahhabist, that radicalizes because it seems to be doing bad things to people who would otherwise likely be peaceful. Indonesia used to be a good example of what a Muslim nation could be, and now it's slowly being radicalized and changing character. There are plenty of things that can be used for good in your religion, just as there are plenty of things that are being used to make it a terrible weapon.

I know the same has been done to other religions, and every time, the answer has been for the faithful of that religion to rise up and wrest control back for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join