It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Jihad ,Separating Muslims from the Khawarij

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Frstly Sorry for this not so organized thread . I am doing this all on my cell phone ,so if you find errors .....sowey

I would like to enlighten some folks here on ATS about an issue that i as "convert" struggle with , and the world for that matter.

The Khawarij
Are without a doubt the cancer of Islam .
Very very misguided from the path of the "deen" religion .

You hear about them on the news allot , FSA ,TALIBAN ,AL QAEDA .

I was Surprised to find that Wiki gave a solid explanation

Text From their essentially political position, the Kharijites developed extreme doctrines that further set them apart from both mainstream Sunni and Shiʿa Muslims. The Kharijites were particularly noted for adopting a radical approach to Takfir, whereby they declared other Muslims to be unbelievers and therefore deemed them worthy of death.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

"TAKFIR"

Text A Takfiri (from Arabic: تكفيري‎ takfīrī) is a Muslim who accuses another Muslim of apostasy.[1] The accusation itself is called takfir, derived from the word kafir (infidel) and is described as when "... one who is, or claims to be, a Muslim is declared impure

en.m.wikipedia.org...

These people are embed with many factions around the world . And i have found 99.9% of them are completely un educated about Islam .

Now Islamic ruling against these people are...well.... Ill let you read it strait from the prophets mouth .

Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.w. called them dogs of hell: from al-hakim, Ahmed, ibn hanbal
“The Khawārij are the dogs of Hell.”

Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.w said that there will be a group of people who will be worst of all, and HE s.a.w.w called them worst of all creatures. Recorded by Muslim (no. 1067) and it is in “Ṣaḥīḥ al-Jāmi’” by al-Albānī (no. 2035).

Abū Dharr narrated that Allah’s messenger s.a.w.w said: Aḥmad, Muslim, and Ibn Mājah

“There will definitely be a people after me from my nation who recite the Quran yet it will not even reach beyond their throats. They will pass through the religion as an arrow passes through a target, then they will not return back to it. They are the worst of people, the worst of all creatures.”

The worst does not stop here, Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.w said that anti-christ or dajjal will emerge from these people.

Ibn Mājah no. 174 and it is in “Ṣaḥīḥ al-Jāmi’” by al-Albānī (no. 8027).
Ibn ‘Umarr.a that the messenger of Allah s.a.w.w said:

“There will arise a group of people who will recite the Quran but it will not reach beyond their throats. Every time a new generation of them rises, they will then disappear.”

Ibn ‘Umar said, “I heard Allah’s messenger s.a.w.w. say, ‘Every time a new generation of them rises, they will then disappear,’ more than twenty times and then said: “Until the Anti-Christ finally appears among them.”

Another hadith, describes that these people when are killed are among the worst people and the people who they kill and the best i.e. these worst creatures kill only the best people.

(Ibn Majah no. 176 and it is in “Ṣaḥīḥ Sunan Ibn Mājah” by al-Albānī (no. 146).) Abū Umāmah said:

“(They are) the worst people killed under the sky, and the best people killed are those whom they kill. They are the dogs of Hell. These people used to be Muslims but they became disbelievers.”

I (Abū Ghālib, one of the narrators) asked, “Abū Umāmah, is this something only you yourself are saying?” He replied, “No, rather I heard it from the messenger of Allah s.a.w.w .

the above text was copied from a message i sent to another convert brother whom i asked for permission to post.

Conclusion . As a Muslim who fallows true ISLAM i can't stress enough that these people are the "terrorist" of this religion .
But sadly many people can't see a separation between them and us . I hope this gives the people of ATS a better understanding of this cancer we have in our religion. I am part of a group of many who are trying hard to prevent young Muslims from turning into this cancer .

This is my Jihad .....

Humbly

LSH

edit on 037111131337311th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 010121231310312th by LightningStrikesHere because: adding to headline

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I would like to add , jihad means (struggle)
So one could have a "Jihad "with health,wealth, ect ect

But these groups use it in a different manner

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Interesting thread. I know almost nothing of Islam. You sort of alluded to it, but are most of what we consider terrorists of this faction? I just want to make clear to moderators that I'm saying most, and not all.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Interesting thread. I know almost nothing of Islam. You sort of alluded to it, but are most of what we consider terrorists of this faction? I just want to make clear to moderators that I'm saying most, and not all.

Good question , It has been ruled that any Muslim fighting a "Jihad" currently under these groups are indeed Khawaraijj .

Because of their ideology and belief and many other reasons ,such as lack of leadership , killing innocent muslims and Christans , suicide bombings , ect ect.

I am going to do another thread onTrue jihad" (fighting in a war) to give people a better understanding of "jihad" and believe me killing innocent people and killing your self is not part of it.
Ill talk more about the Mujahadeen (holy warriors) on that topic to

edit on 049121231349312th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Thanks for the info. I'd probably be one of the first to read that thread!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Good post, except that the Khawarij basically died out; there is a splinter faction call the Ibadis that still exists in Oman. I think you mean the Wahhabi.

Article

2nds

IS CA
edit on 20-3-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

Good post, except that the Khawarij basically died out; there is a splinter faction call the Ibadis still exist in Oman. I think you mean the Wahhabi. Article 2nds

No we still refer to them with the same name because their actions and ideology is the same . Wahabi is a different subject ,most muslims don't even understand the true meaning of wahabi or salafi .many of thease groups claim to be wahabi or salafi
However they are far from it. And somewhere along the road muslims attached "extremism" to the name Wahabi because Of these groups.
Wahabis Followers of Muhammad ibn abdul wahab
edit on 0331013133331th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Like most religions... Islam is a cult full of mindless worshipers who would and do gladly kill themselves and others in the name of their god. Years ago I thought that is was just a select few of them, Its not. The ones that I have met are somewhat nice, but they will kill in the name of their god just like christians, catholics and mormons do.

It's so sad that books full of stories can drive people to commit such heinous acts... So much so, in fact, that I have banned Dr. Seuss from my kids reading programs. There is as much truth in Dr. Seuss and Mother Goose as there is in the bible, the Koran and other religious texts, probably more. ... beware the children and the day they read too much into one fish two fish red fish blue fish........

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

I am sorry you feel that way ,but i would say your completely wrong, but its only cause of the lack of knowledge .

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

How so? Wahhabism is older than the Salafi movement both are Orthodox Sunni. Then from your Khawarrij link "The Ibadis, a group who stemmed from the same mother group as the Kharijites, have survived into the present day, though they do not directly descend from the Kharijites. They form a significant part of the population of Oman (where they first settled in 686),[14] and there are smaller concentrations of them in the M'zab of Algeria, Jerba in Tunisia, Jebel Nafusa in Libya, and Zanzibar.

The Wahhabi movement has been referred to as the modern Khawarij by 18th century Hanafi scholar Ibn Abidin.[15]"

Do not mistake my questioning as ill intent as I am only very interested in the topic and only know what I read and have next to zero Islamic exposure.

Reply to edit:
I understand What Wahhabism is as I said.
"The premise of this new, narrow ideology was to reject traditional scholars, scholarship and practices under the guise of "reviving the true tenets of Islam" and protecting the concept of monotheism. Ibn Abd al-Wahhab's brand of "purification" of Islam consisted of prohibiting many traditionally accepted acts of worship, reverence of the person of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him and the pious saints, and burning books containing traditional prayers, interpretations of law and commentaries on the Qur'an and Hadith. He encouraged his followers to interpret the holy books for themselves and to act on their interpretations in light of their own understanding, regardless of their understanding of fundamental principles or lack thereof. Anyone who did not profess to this new ideology was considered outside of the realm of Islam - an apostate, disbeliever or idolater, thus making the shedding of their blood and confiscation of their wealth permitted. In this way, he was able to secure a significant following whose legacy continues in one form or another until today. "

modern-
"The Wahhabi ideology is antagonistic to non-Muslims and to traditional practices including seeking intercession by means of the pious saints in Islam, accepted by traditional Sunni Islam for over 1400 years. By rejecting any form of hierarchy such as that followed by traditional Sunni schools, the Wahhabis rejected traditional rulings on a wide range of subjects, invalidated the four schools of thought and its accepted interpretations of law, as well as issued declarations of unbelief for those who disagreed.

While this new ideology prohibited many traditional Islamic forms of worship, its followers did not become overtly militant until recently. Now "Wahhabi" followers have taken up an increasingly confrontational standpoint attempting to impose their ideology in many regions around the world. The Wahhabi mentality asserts that Islam may be reformed by means of the sword. Thus the movement has manifested itself as armed insurrections throughout the world, especially where governments are weak and unable to resist aggression effectively. "

IS CA

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

Talk about over-generalizations. There are actually (to your surprise) certain Christians that can be considered as being pacifist. One that clearly comes to mind is Jehovah's Witnesses. They don't partake of war or any of that. I think that you became what you hate; intolerant.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

I just noticed and error in my wording ,i meant to say most muslims attached extremism to "salafi"

But to touch on this subject a little more .
Khawarij have traits in belief system main belief system that a sin is disbelief when this goes from islamic scholarly consensus.

Who is Muhammad ibn abdulwahab?
he was a islamic scholar..who lived in a time were arabia started worshipping trees and saints.Asking the dead to help them,
He spoke out and said anyone eho does this isnt a muslim....
In islam if someone preaches a ideology if has been from past or not they become from that group

edit on 0541013135431th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I could see that as Salafi is relatively new maybe slightly more extreme than Wahhabism, as they vandalized sacred sights if I recall correctly.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

kdyam
Like most religions... Islam is a cult full of mindless worshipers who would and do gladly kill themselves and others in the name of their god. Years ago I thought that is was just a select few of them, Its not. The ones that I have met are somewhat nice, but they will kill in the name of their god just like christians, catholics and mormons do.

It's so sad that books full of stories can drive people to commit such heinous acts... So much so, in fact, that I have banned Dr. Seuss from my kids reading programs. There is as much truth in Dr. Seuss and Mother Goose as there is in the bible, the Koran and other religious texts, probably more. ... beware the children and the day they read too much into one fish two fish red fish blue fish........

Oh man, they will never know all the places they can go!
Sorry couldn't resist.

And yes I understand what has been said about his books and the possible hidden meanings behind his books, he would not be the first author to catch a rap like that though, if you started banning all those that had those allegations, wouldn't be much left to read

I imagine no catcher in the rye for the kids either right?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
reply to post by kdyam

I am sorry you feel that way ,but i would say your completely wrong, but its only cause of the lack of knowledge .

Dont be sorry, It's not a lack of knowledge on my part.. the Islamic countries have been killing each other and the "infidels" for thousands of years.. Its pretty clear and has been for centuries that Islam is not a peaceful religion, most of them aren't.. and all are based on books full of stories.... too bad that some people hold such blind faith.

I would never trust a man who wouldnt eat a maple smoked pig.. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

So can jihad also be describing the religious journey one takes to mecca? Almost as a title i guess, for completing the journey?
That was my understanding of the word, and that was from a Sgt of mine back in my days in the corps. He heard me say it incorrectly to describe a citizen of a ME country, quickly educated me in a manner only a Sgt. in the marine corps is able and made sure I spread the message to any one that we both heard say jiahd for the next 2 weeks.

Was I misinformed or was that just one example of how the word should be used?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Sremmos80

kdyam

Sorry couldn't resist.

And yes I understand what has been said about his books and the possible hidden meanings behind his books, he would not be the first author to catch a rap like that though, if you started banning all those that had those allegations, wouldn't be much left to read

LOL... I havent actually banned any books from my kids... the post was sarcasm.... My kids can read anything they want to.. including the Koran... It's not the books that are the problem... its the select few charismatic individuals who brainwash those who read the books with interpretations of the context in said books that dont actually exist... all in the name of their own agendas..

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

I could see that as Salafi is relatively new maybe slightly more extreme than Wahhabism, as they vandalized sacred sights if I recall correctly.

No no my good man ,your way off , i am in fact salafi. Here is a good explanation. But before i post the understandings let me first say i am very impressed with your understanding thus far, just be careful who and what you take knowledge from . many many muslims don't understand this whole wahabi /salafi thing ..

Maybe this will help

Text Introduction

The Salafi Da'wah is that of the Qur'an and the Sunnah. It is the Religion of Islam - pure and free from any additions, deletions or alterations. It is to adhere to the Path of the Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and of the True Believers (as-Salaf us-Salih). As-Salaf is a collective term referring to the Pious Pioneers in Islam and all those who follow in their footsteps in belief, actions and morals.

Text Who are the "Salaf?"

As-Salaf us-Salih (or briefly: the Salaf) refers to the first and best three generations of Muslims. They are the Companions (Sahabah) of the Prophet (S), their immediate followers (Tabiun), and the followers of the Tabi'in. These were praised by the Prophet (S): The best of people is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them [Bukhari and Muslim]. The term Salaf applies also to the Scholars of Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah after the first three blessed generations who followed their way in belief and practices.

Text Who are the "Salafis?"

The description "Salafi" applies to one who truly attaches himself to the Salaf. This attachment is not to an arbitrary single person or group of people. It is an attachment to that which will never err - to the guidance of Muhammad (S), his Sahabai, and their true followers. Likewise, Salafiyyah (the Salafi Da'wah) is not blind following of any particular Shaikh or Imam. It is adherence to the Qur'an and Sunnah as understood and practiced collectively by as-Salaf as-Salih. A true Salafi values Tawhid, singling out Allah in all acts of worship: in supplication, in seeking aid, in seeking refuge in times of ease and hardship, in sacrifice, in making vows, in fearing and hoping and total reliance, and so on. A true Salafi actively seeks to remove shirk (polytheism) with all his capacity.

And it continues here www.qss.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Sremmos80

So can jihad also be describing the religious journey one takes to mecca? Almost as a title i guess, for completing the journey?
That was my understanding of the word, and that was from a Sgt of mine back in my days in the corps. He heard me say it incorrectly to describe a citizen of a ME country, quickly educated me in a manner only a Sgt. in the marine corps is able and made sure I spread the message to any one that we both heard say jiahd for the next 2 weeks.

Was I misinformed or was that just one example of how the word should be used?

Well, yes it can be if ones Journey to mecca becomes a "struggle" but we as muslims call it Hajj

A jihad is a struggle .

great story ty for posting

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

kdyam

Sremmos80

kdyam

Sorry couldn't resist.

LOL... I havent actually banned any books from my kids... the post was sarcasm.... My kids can read anything they want to.. including the Koran... It's not the books that are the problem... its the select few charismatic individuals who brainwash those who read the books with interpretations of the context in said books that dont actually exist... all in the name of their own agendas..

Very good you just explained khawaraijj

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join