It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Military drone Cargo Aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This video is crazy. Drones are going to be the future of everything. This Lockheed Skunk works cargo drone is pretty beast. Not too long from now we will have unmanned drones carrying military vehicles to our unmanned soldiers fighting without hesitation.

Video

The world is going to look just like the future science fiction designed. H.G Wells of the present we are.

The Aerial Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (ARES) is a vertical take-off
and landing (VTOL) flight module that could adapt to multiple missions with
interchangeable payloads, offering new capabilities and enabling new
operational concepts.

AAC
edit on 19-3-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

By 2020 the Navy wants an unmanned helicopter in development capable of recognizing ground threats and rerouting itself with no intervention.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
don't get me wrong, absolutely cool......and i can see the tactical advantage.....but we really need to rewatch ALL of the terminator movies........quickly....just to ensure we have a control of the tech and not the other way around.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Sorry but when he said "ruggedized" i lost all interest.

make weird plane please not words!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can see the robotical (hows that word?) pilot dropping the platoon into some very heavy # they cannot get out of.....there has to be some human input from the cargo bay at least.....
Remember the helicopter traps in Vietnam?
What if a robot pilot was in control...?.....duh....I can see the vehicle getting a lot of good people wiped out occaisionaly....
Further that angle...what of the drone takedowns that have been accomplished by enemy actions? Iran, Russia.....
Just land it at the nearest internment camp and instant POWS....

top topics

join