It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible debris of flight MH370 found in Indian Ocean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
German news are just reporting, that possible debris have been found in the Indian Ocean, a plane is onroute to confirm.

First English source I can find is this

Australian search planes have been diverted to find two objects in the southern Indian Ocean "possibly related" to the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

www.abc.net.au...

Let's see how it develops, they ordered a press conference already.

Hope it belongs here and not in the Alternative News Forum, did not know where to post it
edit on 19-3-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Where can we call if we have a possible sighting regarding Flt 370? I posted here about coordinates I found a few days ago and tonight I just found what appears to be a debris field nearby those coordinates. I have called my local station here on Long Island ( NY), tried CNN tips line but all they do is put me through to 'comment' line......I am trying desperately to relay this information. The image I had on my satellite pic from Monday, shows a very large plane with the correct shape of the 777. I can zoom in enough to see the metal on the engines but not the name on the plane. The debris field is fairly direct in line with the course of this image. I assume the image was taken shortly before the possible crash. I have been trying to get this info to someone for 5 days now.
If anyone knows who to call, please help.
Thank you,
Linda

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Press conference in a few minutes. Current time is 12:30 am Eastern daylight savings time, watching Fox News. Announcement was made by Australian PM. News alert at bottom of the hour. Orion aircraft due to arrive, along with a ship.
The AGO is Australian Intelligence.
This area is consistant with the new search area released by the Pentagon last night, within 100 miles, eastward. South, southwest of the western shore of Australia.

Press conf now: begin transcription best I can-

Southern corridor search, have recvd sat imagery, recvd expert assessment this am, 20th of March. May not be related to missing aircraft.

Debris is south of search area, imagery is south of search are, was seen after sats were redirected.

Orion search craft arrived earlier, more sue today. U S Pesoeidon due to arrive as well. More Australian, and Hercules is scheduled to drop marker bouys. This will help with water currents.

A merchant ship has responded. Another ship is on the way, and will assist with recovery.

Ships and aircraft will assist with search and recovery. Weather is moderate, but visibility is hampered. These objects may be difficult to locate, and may have nothing to do with the missing craft.

The objects are of reasonable size. The largest is 24 (about 78 feet) meters, many in the general size. Some smaller.

Poor visibility in the area.

No sightings yet, though ships have arrived.

If an aircraft finds an object, it will contact ths merchant ship to locate the object.

The sat imagery was provided this morning. Was progressively captured.

It is credible enough to draw the search to this area, they have been in the business long enough, but not all searches result in findings.

AGO will continue to help.

The water at the location is very deep, aeveral thousand meters deep, speculating an abyssal plane, but will verify and get back.

Advice to families, they are doing their best to find survivors.

Don't want to draw too many conclusions, but havev used two different ways one US tracking of plane, and review of sat imagery.

Offers from other countries to help, but distance to rescue point has deemed what help has been accepted. Chinese have offered.

This is close enough to the TSB to an actual sighting to work out what the objects are.

This is debris out there, and can be containers from ships, on this particular area, the number of objects makes it worth inspecting. Will not speculate, nor tell how many pieces.

The main blob is 24 meters, and the size of other objects are assessed against it.

They have to locate it, assess that it belongs to the aircraft, and bring it back.

The imagery is not precise enough to determine if it belongs to an aircraft or not. They are working to provide imagery to the public.

This is in the nature of search and rescue operations. They may get a sighting, they may not.

End of conference.

Approaching 4pm Thursday. Australian time.

edit on 19-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by linda1mom

start by sharing the coordinates here and then get the google out. someone had a tip line somewhere a day or 2 ago if i remember correctly.

now for anyone thinking GEE IL CALL TO AS SOO AS THIS PERSON SHARES. be careful of trolls. I've been seeing these pop up all over the web for the last couple days and its ridiculous.

people show up and blather on about how they just found the flight and blah blah blah ZOMG WHO SHOULD I CALL.

if you truly have found information and you truly feel it needs to be shared with an authority you could probably call

FAA - 1-866-TELL-FAA

TSA - (866) 289-9673

and depending on state these FSDO (flight standards district office) Would probably be able to steer you in the right direction. hell call all of them. pick your state below.

www.faa.gov...

heres the FBI tip website. its pretty funny.

tips.fbi.gov...

heres 2 more FAA hotlines for employees or the general public to express concerns to the FAA.. sounds about right.

(202) 267-3935 or 1-866-835-5322, Option 9

now if your not trolling go nuts and start calling. if you are, just call the TSA please

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
According to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority the debris spotted is believed to be at least 24 metres in size, along with other debris.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
if the plane is found, crashed, i have a feeling there will be this weird sigh of relief by most. at this point a crashed plane seems like best case scenario.... new way to sway the way things are perceived?

is it just a accident or have we been being fed all the worst case scenario on purpose?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here in Australia it was just reported that they have found an object, and claimed it was 24 mtrs long. They showed ONE picture that was not conclusive. They are taking the approach of "we don't want to say what it is, but we know it's 24 mtrs in length".
If you can see something clear enough to know it was 24 mtrs long, then wouldn't you think they would be able to tell if it's a part of an aeroplane ?
And at the risk of looking like a complete idiot, I have to ask 'is it possible for a 24mtr piece of aeroplane to still be floating on the surface after 13 days' ?
I may be wrong, and I hope I am because it means they have found a starting point, but this entire incident has stunk from the word go, and has been nothing but contradictions and back flips from the authorities and media. I see nothing different in this latest stunt.
Seriously, do we need a PM to make an address do to the POSSIBLE discovery of a missing plane, instead of just sending what needs to be sent for the search and THEN making an address. Do we really need the media circus that all of a sudden decided it was a major story again just because it might involve Australia ?

But as I said, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksideOz

They said the tail and wings of this aircraft were designed of material specifically to float.

Someone (random expert on television) said it looked like a portion of the tail section, but the images are hard to determine exactly, though if they had to identify it from those images, that is what they would identify it as.

We just have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for the response, and just out of curiosity, who was it that said it was made of material that could float ? Was it the media or someone qualified ? I hadn't heard of this until now, but I will look further into it.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I suggested the southern corridor a few days back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seemed odd that everyone was not including it as viable, even though it would explain why no one has seen it!

If this is the plane then the big question is why head south?

I thought Antarctica might be the perfect place to hide a stolen 777, but the consensus from the guys that know much more than me about 777s was that it couldn't reach that isolated continent, even though it's the EX (extended range model) and apparently had 50 empty seats making it lighter.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksideOz

Not sure of the name, but a female aeronautics expert on Fox News. They have been covering this live all night, since just after midnight. Shep was doing the coverage till this morning, and dealing only in facts. Now, Fox and Friends is on, and it's entertainment, so in comes speculation, etc. The overnight coverage was excellent, however.

When Fox does the actual NEWS sections, the speculation and theories are cut.

They just had a morning presser with Malaysian Transportation officials. They are still having News Breaks, but adding a lot of opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

From what was explained, the FAA, NTSB, and Pentagon all got together and revalued the information last week. The worked out the fuel, the last known contact point, and air drift, and speculated on this point, being the furthest possible point.

Satellites were then redirected to this area, allowed for drift, and bingo, they found the debris field eventually.

Some parts that were seen, it has been said this morning, actually shows coloring of the jet liner, so, there is more speculative fuel to the fire.

The Australian PM warns they are not certain, will not be certain, until they arrive, however, a US jet that has arrived has spotted large objects in the area.

So, we must wait to see, and pray for the families if you believe in that. Hope they can locate those black boxes, the PM said they believe this is on an abyssal plane, so the water may be several thousands of feet deep. Anything down there may only be retrieveable by sub, if at all.

Anything floating, obviously, is just a matter of finding it, and time.

Breaking just now - a Navy plane has just returned to Perth, and has reported finding nothing. Not known where in the area of designation it flew, but it won't return for 10 hours.

edit on 20-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

DarksideOz
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for the response, and just out of curiosity, who was it that said it was made of material that could float ? Was it the media or someone qualified ? I hadn't heard of this until now, but I will look further into it.

Cheers

Did a little searching, here is a link to Boeing's website discussing the use of the composites in construction of the 777. It is called CFRB.

www.boeing.com...

It was stated this material was not only used in the wings and tail, but the floors.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback guys.

It just seems like another case of a piece of information became available, and then the media going into over drive instead of just waiting to see what comes from the search, and then reporting on those results.. I'm not sure what other countries media has been like, but as soon as it was revealed that the debris might be off Australia and that Australia would be involved in the search, it almost became a chest beating exercise from the Australian media. And even the PM said that it wasn't conclusive, yet still found the need to hold a press conference.

Over the last 2 weeks it was the media that suggested every possible conspiracy theory imaginable, but then had the hide to make comments like "there's a lot of conspiracy theories floating around at the moment". It has on 3 separate occasions, tried to blame it on the pilot or co-pilot. We have been told it was a "terrorist" group, yet no terrorist group has claimed responsibility. Then it was a "hijacking", despite no credible evidence to suggest it. Then there was the constant contradictions and back flips from governments involved in the search.

I would expect conspiracy theories on a conspiracy site, but its funny how the very media that ridicules conspiracy theories and theorists, is then the worst offender in this case ?
Is there any shame in just admitting that they don't know, instead of the constant speculation and rumour ?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Another debris image released today. Turns out the Chinese gave the images to Malaysia several days ago. It was likely taken Tuesday, still needing confirmation. The object spotted was extremely close to the area where the Australian images were taken, and if the information is correct, was roughly the same date. The image was within 100 miles of the Australian debris.

The object is rather large, as well.

Media is asking why Malasia is asking Malaysia is just now releasing this unformation. Why are they just NOW sending ships and jets to the location? Now, 4 days later?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don't know why China doesn't just send their submarines into the area to try to pick up the 'ping' from the black box. Most of the passengers were Chinese and you'd think that their government would have those subs there combing the area.

Side note - Malaysia has really screwed up this investigation. IMHO

top topics

join