It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Egypt to Israel in symbols

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by zardust

I wonder the same thing. It looks an aweful lot like a ladder.

Did the AE's not view space as being like an ocean?

Not seaweed, but trees of life showing maternal generations. V is the ancient symbol for 'mother'. The "underwater pyramid" shows paternal generations, like A
edit on 27-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Paternal

V is the ancient symbol for 'mother'? Really? Do you know where that originated from?
(That's not meant to be read as aggressively as it might sound, lol!)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

beansidhe

Utnapisjtim

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by zardust

Not seaweed, but trees of life showing maternal generations. V is the ancient symbol for 'mother'. The "underwater pyramid" shows paternal generations, like A

V is the ancient symbol for 'mother'? Really? Do you know where that originated from?
(That's not meant to be read as aggressively as it might sound, lol!)

Well, V is the challice, the grail if you like, it is a symbol of the woumb and the madonna. Apparently it's been used in allegorical art and heraldry etc. since 3500 BC as the symbol of the mother goddess' woumb. Riane Eisler: "The challice and the blade" p. 72.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: missing words

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

undo

Utnapisjtim

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by zardust

but of who? generations of who? which is the maternal figure in the image? are you saying the seaweed represents dna?

There were dynasties, ancient ones. This is possibly some persons' "grail" with art showing his or her family's generations. I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine I suppose. Notice how at some of these vases, these "seaweeds" are fancied as tails. Another hint we are talking about ancestry.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Oh thanks Utnap!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

beansidhe

Oh thanks Utnap!

No problem. Perhaps you remember the scene from The Da Vinci Code when Sir Leigh Teabing (Ian McKellen) explains the Last Supper mural? Same thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

undo
some of the responses here are sillier than mine are. lol
how do we know it's an underwater pyramid? well for one, the surface of the water is depicted over their heads.
secondly, that is definitely seaweed. thirdly, they have fish tails instead of legs, just like the offspring of the tall guy
all the way to the right in the image of the four elohim templates (ya know, the ones with no feet?)
fourthly, what else looks like a ladder and triangular? surely they didn't go from being awful at art, to depicting
perspective view on a ladder.

sheesh guys, try harder than that lol

I have to agree with Utnap-Jim, which is not surprising I guess since the Tree of Life is central to this thread.

Persian Tree of Life (TOL)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ik53357343.gif[/atsimg]

Ancient Ibex/TOL 1. 5250 BC Samarran 4. 4250 BC Susiana
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/bk53357343.jpg[/atsimg]

Here we see the TOL motif of the flanking animals, they look like giraffes to me
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/cu53357343.jpg[/atsimg]

Edfu temple Egypt
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/iy53357343.jpg[/atsimg]

Akkadian Cylinder Seals mid 3rd Millennium
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/di53358694.png[/atsimg]

Also I've never seen water represented by straight lines overhead, those are usually pillars, or foundations when you see straight lines. Waters are wavy typically, curvy.
edit on 28 3 2014 by zardust because: (no reason given)

edit on 28 3 2014 by zardust because: Forgot last cylinder seal picture

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by zardust

Yes, the ocean and space were often equated, the ocean was also the murky deep that was violent, scary, unpredictable, the abyss, death, chaos. The cosmic egg on the water, is a symbol of creation out of chaos. Tohu and Bohu in the Genesis account.

I'm not so sure this is an underwater picture. See my reply above.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This is the best explanation I have seen, actually. now, it is likely that this is not the outward intent of the artwork. However, from a representative point of view....there are similar styles of representative art throughout the ages.

RE: "V"....it is the feminine logo. When you plow the fields, you place the seed into the bottom of the "V". It holds the water, it is the receptacle. Given that, I had not really spent a lot of time considering the "A" imagery. But that seems to make sense as well. The pouring of water into the chalice. The plow.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

zardust
I have to agree with Utnap-Jim, which is not surprising I guess since the Tree of Life is central to this thread.

In Gilgamesh the tree of life is resting on the bottom of the Black Sea and is thorned. Fits well.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

zardust

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by zardust

Yes, the ocean and space were often equated, the ocean was also the murky deep that was violent, scary, unpredictable, the abyss, death, chaos. The cosmic egg on the water, is a symbol of creation out of chaos. Tohu and Bohu in the Genesis account.

I'm not so sure this is an underwater picture. See my reply above.

The word for Heavens/Space in ancient Hebrew is Shamayim. Ocean/Waters is Mayim.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

This is the best explanation I have seen, actually. now, it is likely that this is not the outward intent of the artwork. However, from a representative point of view....there are similar styles of representative art throughout the ages.

RE: "V"....it is the feminine logo. When you plow the fields, you place the seed into the bottom of the "V". It holds the water, it is the receptacle. Given that, I had not really spent a lot of time considering the "A" imagery. But that seems to make sense as well. The pouring of water into the chalice. The plow.

Yes dude!

A is the aleph/bull that plows the field of earth (woman), and places his seed in the V.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

zardust

In Gilgamesh the tree of life is resting on the bottom of the Black Sea and is thorned. Fits well.

If this is a sea picture, then I'd say the bars on top represent death, which would tie in to the TOL (see Jonah, the bars of the abyss/sheol/grave).

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The Norse rune Elgr means King or Elg (Norwegian moose-- "king of the forest") symbolic to the Yggdrasil the Norse Tree of Life. According to Elder Edda Heimdall had nine mothers (nine maternal generations from Eve to Noah's mother) and guarded the Rainbow-bridge Rimfrost between the gods and the humans. Heimdall had three sons. Compare to Noah. Same story only spelled out differently.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Elg=king

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

reply to post by LucidLucinda

Welcome aboard!!! I'll be your captain (cap/crown) of this V-essel. We'll be following the ancient courses over the watery deep.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

zardust

bigfatfurrytexan

Yes dude!

A is the aleph/bull that plows the field of earth (woman), and places his seed in the V.

The latin A is a bull upside down. The Greek α is a bull on the side. In ancient Hebrew it was even clearer and left nothing to speculation. The square Aramaic alefbet used by the Hebrews today is more symbolic, but you can easily see the shape of an animal/bull/Baal in the Aleph.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: added aleph+bull/Baal

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
the problem with the approach being used in the thread is that it considers:

1. ancient history to be either fairy tales or metaphors
2. things that are said in the ancient texts themselves to be unworthy of consideration, so instead offers up modern material that was gleaned from assyriologists before most of sumer was uncovered from 8 ft of flood silt .
3. even books written before the advent of archaeology, during the so called, enlightenment period, when all the ancient history in the world was chucked in the waste bin by a bunch of catholic professors trying to prove the papal interpretation of the bible was the only legitimate history.

the assyriologists don't believe ancient history is legit but are sure quick to smack a metaphor label on it. a metaphor in a fairy tale is absolutely useless as a historical device . i consider this a big problem.

however, motifs are useful. i will give the thread that much of a compliment. but turning things like fish tailed beings with antenna on their heads, who are underwater, by an underwater pyramid and a bunch of seaweed, into something that doesn't relate to anything in the picture, is just going too far.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i just cant wait to hear what you think this picture is. let's ignore that it's underground and instead pretend it's under a pillar. what pillar and why? who cares, as long as we can refuse to admit the other scene is underwater with seaweed and guys with fish tails for legs lol i see many things in this image, i'm anxious to hear what everyone else sees.

note the "eye of ra" arm positions. no it's not a V arm position

bfft you are misbehaving. go sit in the corner. lol

edit on 29-3-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

undo
the problem with the approach being used in the thread is that it considers:

1. ancient history to be either fairy tales or metaphors
2. things that are said in the ancient texts themselves to be unworthy of consideration, so instead offers up modern material that was gleaned from assyriologists before most of sumer was uncovered from 8 ft of flood silt .
3. even books written before the advent of archaeology, during the so called, enlightenment period, when all the ancient history in the world was chucked in the waste bin by a bunch of catholic professors trying to prove the papal interpretation of the bible was the only legitimate history.

the assyriologists don't believe ancient history is legit but are sure quick to smack a metaphor label on it. a metaphor in a fairy tale is absolutely useless as a historical device . i consider this a big problem.

however, motifs are useful. i will give the thread that much of a compliment. but turning things like fish tailed beings with antenna on their heads, who are underwater, by an underwater pyramid and a bunch of seaweed, into something that doesn't relate to anything in the picture, is just going too far.

Is this a hybrid also? Does she hop around on her unipod?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/qi5336a0aa.jpg[/atsimg]

We can just as easily rephrase what you've just said and change "ancient alien" with metaphor. It is a totally modern invention, that is read back into the material, or eisegesis. Most moderns can't see the symbolic and have to have everything "out there". WE can't understand it, so we smack the alien label on it and call it a day.

The problem is you are looking at something symbolic and trying to make flesh and blood literal happenings out of it, when that is not how the ancients did "history". You are trying to put a modern invention, modern scientific history, over top of ancient history which was symbolic/myth/sagas. There is "real history" in there, but that is the least important point. The real point is the point of the story. Most of the things that are written down, had been oral history for a long time, rehashed, edited, compiled, and used to fit the "historians" agenda. A good portion of the Bible is hymns and little sayings or songs that were in common use for centuries and possibly millennia, passed down orally before writing was available.

You can take that vase, with its "alien pictures", but if you take it out of context of the ANE, where everything was symbolic, and try to read it through a modern eye you can come up with many explanations that are seemingly reasonable. AS above so below does NOT speak of aliens, btw. Above is the spirit world, not aliens.

I'll give you the last word on it, but I won't be continuing to discuss these vases and supposed alien drawings on them. Again you might be right, and there are plenty of ancient alien threads to convince people on, but I don't see it, and a couple pictures aren't going to make me see. AND, even if any version of the exoteric whether it be literal 7 days of creation, or aliens (cue "it's aliens" guy), or whatever version of literal history is in the ancient history, for me, the spiritual implications are what matters. For me the revelation of Jesus, the Logos, IN YOU AND ME, is what all of history is "about". Thus my OP.

edit on 29 3 2014 by zardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
yes that lady statue is a prime example of the eye of ra arm position. it might help to know that i think the pleaides and therefore, taurus, is involved, but not in the sense of sexual congress. the gate between the horns of the bull, relates back to the hathor headdress as well, which is predated by the egyptian goddess bat, who is symbollized by the gate symbol.

i didn't reach this conclusion easily. it was a long trek thru thousands of ancient stories and artifacts. i did realize, however, that people had entirely the wrong idea about the gate symbols. they had concluded that it was about sex. however, i found evidence that it didn't start off that way. it was reinterpreted sometime during babylon and nimrod's pharaonic line. it's obfuscation. the gate was symbolized as a celestial womb, the worm hole as a celestial vagina, and pyramids/ziggurats/obelisks were characterized as the male aspect. this also included the idea of taurus plowing the field. it doesn't mean sex though. it's just hidden now under layers of babylonian double speak.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

zardust
Is this a hybrid also? Does she hop around on her unipod?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/qi5336a0aa.jpg[/atsimg]

To me this statuette resembles the uterus or female reproductive organs

Compare with www.innerbody.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join