It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Egypt to Israel in symbols

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi all, this is my first thread here. This is a wide topic that we'll hopefully be able to delve deeply into.

So there have been tons of threads on Sun-gods, Israel, Jesus, etc. etc. They usually break down into 2 camps, defending the historicity and non pagan-ness of Jesus, vs. the it's all bunk crowd, or God=Satan.

I'd like to find a middle ground, and the concept of a middle ground or something in the midst of is going to be an important concept in this thread. The middle ground is that I believe Jesus is the fulfillment of every Religion. He is the axis mundi of civilization. Just to get it out of the way, for me, I don't care if Jesus is a real guy, for me the myth is whats important. That is what all ancient history is, myth. Myth is a vessel that carries a deep truth. Lets call that truth a seed, or a sea-man, the semen enters into the vessel or ship, which is why ships, are women. Thats why Christ has a bride (made of men and women), we are the vessel for the Seed, which is the idea, or the Logos. The truth is carried in the midst of the myth. (And with that I do think Jesus was a real guy, but that is not the point)

That seed is carried along from myth to myth. There are corruptions along the way, but I believe that there is a framework of archetypes that are central to our consciousness, these are the markers for the way home. These are the symbols that are everywhere in our world. From abstract down to letters. Thats what a letter is, it is a placeholder for a sound, or in the more ancient alphabets, each letter had a meaning. Words are are also carriers of something "else". What do you think of when I write the word 'dog'? Your pet? An annoying dog barking. The word dog is a symbol or placeholder or image/icon for a whole species. Yet if you don't read english and you see 'dog' it might have a totally different connotation in your language, or mean nothing at all.

In the same way we see all these symbols that are shared throughout the history of man, yet we cannot read them. Partly because of multiple purges. I don't know all the reasonings, or motives, or all the details obviously, but power is always a great motivator, and religion has been used to wield great power. These are the empire builders, the powers that be, this is what is referred to as Babylon the great in the book of Revelation. These are the principalities and powers. Anyone that uses the archetypes to elevate themselves above others. Religious leaders, politicians, etc. (angels, gods, aliens, whatever not the point)

Opposed to these powers are the Truth bearers. Truth is seen as fire, or a torch, the light on a hill, the sun. Prometheus is punished by the gods for sharing truth with humans. These are those that walk according to the Spirit, as Paul would say. These are those with the halo of the sun around their heads, as the sun is a crown to them. Your mind/soul is the receptacle/vessel of the sun/seed/spirit.

This concept of the mind/soul/female/vessel for the Spirit/male/seed/sun, is the meaning behind the vast majority of solar worship IMO, and the truth behind the sexual rites. The powers abused the symbol of the man entering the woman being the sun-god impregnating the earth/moon woman. Instead of understanding the concept behind the symbol, they literalized the symbol. And eventually this degraded into cult prostitution. Or in the case of Cybele and Attic, the actual castration of men in the rite. I think Paul referred to this in Galatians when he tells them if they want to be circumcised they should go castrate themselves. Here Paul is criticizing the Judaizers or those that wanted to hold on to the Law, by comparing it to the baseness of the Cybele cult. The law here is the literal symbol. Literal circumcision is about as good as literal castration. But Paul also talks about the circumcision of the heart. That is the reality, or the spiritual truth. Literal circumcision and the story given about it is a myth that carried a seed. That seed was the truth of the being given a new heart, a divine heart.

The letter vs. The spirit is all throughout Pauls writings. Jesus spoke of those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. The book of Hebrews has the earthly jerusalem which is Hagar, the bondservant, vs. Sarah the heavenly Jerusalem. Stone heart vs. Flesh heart. But we don't have a stone heart to begin with, we have an actual flesh heart. So stone=flesh vs. flesh=Spirit.

The problem is when the spiritual truths become carnalized, and the heard hearted become the teachers, and preachers. When the blind are leading the blind, by trying to argue about a literal 6 day creation, and miss the fact that that creation narrative is symbolic of the formation of the New man in US. Even to this day their minds are veiled, Paul says. They can't see past the veil of flesh, the veil woven of babylonian design, the matrix that covers the reality.

When the hardened minded take power they purge the past. We see it with Islam destroying buddhist shrines now. It happened with Rome. It happened with Josiah and the Deuteronomic purge. Prior to Josiah in the 500's BC, Jews and Israelites worshipped the same pantheon of gods that the nations around them did. Josiah then "found" the Torah, and they started doing all this stuff they'd never done before. All the sudden all these pagan symbols they had been openly using became bad.

I would suggest reading www.margaretbarker.com for some background on this.

Now I know I've ticked off a ton of christians, jews and muslims. I'm not trying to broadly label, or libel. What I'm saying is blasphemy, I know. But there are many clues. My goal in this thread is to illuminate the thread of truth that goes back to the beginning.

So to the title of the thread from Egypt to Israel. When Israel left Egypt they were given gold by the egyptians. On the outside this means literal gold, but I don't care what literally happened at the exodus. But the inner meaning is divinity. They plundered their treasures of knowledge, wisdom, truth. Then God says "make everything according to the pattern that I showed you on the mountain." They used all the treasure of the egyptians and created the ark, and tabernacle, and utensils. These are symbols, that are blatantly "pagan" in origin, and yet aren't condemned, until Jeremiah removes the ark, and the bronze serpent, after people started worshipping them. Well they were worshipping them all along, and that is what is condemned. The creature is not the creator. The symbol is not the reality.

But yet the symbol is still useful, it is in the fabric of our DNA. Jesus likened himself to the bronze serpent, lifted up in the wilderness. He is also likened to the ark. He is also likened to the tabernacle. And so are you and I. These very egyptian/Sumerian symbols are there to point us to the truth. These symbols are the vessel for the Truth. The zodiac is a vessel. The sun-god myths are vessels. The vessel that carried Moses was a woven basket. A tale is woven, or the old saying of "he spun a yarn", or even a thread on the internet. These all speak of weaving, of tapestries, which are the tales or myths that convey truth. The shield of a family tells a story. All of these very visual symbols tell stories. What is the point of the story?, not stories, but STORY….

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zardust

Pretty interesting. I'm gonna bookmark this as it is a long read.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Nice thread man, this is the one you said you were working on I take it? Your touching on a principle that I think is at work also... An archetypal pattern, you should read my thread in my signature, I think it explains what you're getting at, as well as many other things and it is a conclusion I've reached after going down this path for 10 years, studying as wide a field as I can and some texts in particular...

But in a way I think you're getting to the same thing and once you apply the principle behind it.. I think it all clicks into making sense...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

Thanks! I read yours, and I dig it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Deep in the past of Israel we find a form of religion that is very different from what is presented to us in the Bible. From the Deuteronomists point of view (these are the purgers, reformers, lying pens of the scribes) it was good to clean up their history because of how profane religion had become. But they created confusion. They created a separation, an us vs. them. This is what we do, as humans as a means of security, to be a part of a group is to survive, to thrive. On the other hand I think there were powers that be at work using this separation and confusion to control the masses. If I think that you are an "other" that is "unclean", unworthy, inhuman, then I can sever my connection to you emotionally. I can enslave, subjugate, dominate. And that is the motive behind the principalities and powers of creating the confusion of who we are, and where we came from, and where we are going. And on the Other other hand we have the "mysteries" being protected from the profane, being hidden behind a veil.

So lets stop yapping, and get to the symbols

This article covers the earliest evidence of Yahweh known.
Yahweh worshipped as the Sun

The main focus is on two archeological finds. The Taanach Cult stand

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/zy532aca48.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ad532aca48.jpg[/atsimg]

And the Kunilet Arjud Pithioi

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/qv532acfd4.jpg[/atsimg]

These date to the 10th and 8th century BC respectively.

Each pithos has an inscription that refers to Yahweh and to his Asherah (or, as I prefer, asherah).1 Pithos A, in the most commonly accepted interpretation, speaks of “Yahweh of Shomron (Samaria) and his asherah (or Asherah).” The inscription on Pithos B states, “I bless you by Yahweh of Teman and by his asherah (or Asherah).”

The picture of the people looking left on the pithioi is meant to be of them venerating the Sun. Each one from left to right is looking successively higher in accord with the ascension of the sun.

Our study of these religiously meaningful representations will prepare us for and lead us back to the drawings on the pithoi from Kuntillet ‘Ajrud. On the journey, we will learn not only that Yahweh did have a consort, but that at a very early period—the Taanach cult stand dates to the tenth century B.C.E.—Israel conceived of Yahweh abstractly and non-anthropomorphically. At this same time, Yahweh was also symbolically represented—at least occasionally—by the sun. All these strands of theological understanding of Yahweh and Yahweh worship existed simultaneously—a most elevated and abstract understanding within a pagan (though Yahwistic) context.

On the highest of its four tiers are two freestanding pillars typical of entrances to temples in Syria-Palestine. The stand seems to represent four temple scenes complete with the deities venerated in the temple. Although some of the scenes appear to be pagan in character, the four vignettes belong to the same (Yahwistic) complex, both physically and ideologically

There are 4 tiers with different but similar scenes on each

Tier 1: An animal, either a horse or a bull, above which is a sun-disk with wings (or the sun with rays). The scene is flanked, as previously noted, by freestanding pillars.
Tier 2: A pair of ibex reaching into a “tree of life.” This scene is flanked on either side by a lion.
Tier 3: A vacant space between two cherubim.
Tier 4: A nude female between two lions virtually identical to the lions on tier 2.

On the sides of tiers 2, 3 and 4 are the sides of the animals that flank the central part of the tier. On the sides of tier 1 are griffins (as lions are on tiers 2 and 4). The back of the stand is smooth, except for two square holes typical of fenestration on cult stands.

Other examples of cult shrines found in Israel What we see are the 4 horns, Palm trees, goddesses, with fire burning inside representing the sun-Yahweh.

Here we have the Qedesh Stele,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/cm532aedf4.jpg[/atsimg]

Qedesh is the woman in the middle. Her name is also Hathor-Meri (Mary, the virgin bride that is the vessel of the Seed, which is the sun on her crown, the Zar or Asar which are the words for crown in Hebrew). On the left is Min a fertility god, who is also the first Pharaoh of Egypt, Menes, and possibly king Minos. Also associated with Meni, the Gad (God) of Fortune, well Gad is the greater and Meni is the lesser fortune. On the right is Resheph, a god of war/protection against disease, a healer god. Resheph's sign is the Ibex, as in what we find in the Taanach stand. This stele, along with the Tanaach stand are what made me take a jump into this river that is so deep.

These are pictures of the Theophany. We cannot grasp the invisible eternal Godhead with our veiled minds. When men would gaze into the heavens they would see this basic form. A vessel/moon of the sun is the most basic but the expanded is the emanation of the sons from the mother and father, which are the Sun in the moon, or horns, or horae, or the 4 corners of the earth, the 4 cardinal points, the 4 pillars of the earth. These horns or 4 points are extensions or children of the Sun+Moon. They are the little Horus' in Egypt. These are the faces of the cherubim which are 4 representing the cardinal points, along with the tribes of Israel being set in this pattern around the tabernacle, which is the Flesh/Woman/Beth/Beit/Soul. "And the Word/Logos/seed/male became flesh/woman/soul, and Dwelt (literally tabernacled) among us. This is the Father in the House, the Aleph-Beth. Sometimes this theophany is distilled down to 2 horns, or projections, or children of the A-B, the ABBA, the true God. That is what we see in this Stele.

We also see this Theophany in Habakuk 3

3 God came from Teman,
and the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah
His splendor covered the heavens,
and the earth was full of his praise.
4His brightness was like the light;
rays flashed from his hand;
and there he veiled his power.
5Before him went pestilence,
and plague followed at his heels

Notice this is Yaweh from Teman, this is the archaic viewing of Yaweh. His power is veiled by what? Rays of light and lightning. Those rays are in reference to Plague, that word plague is also rendered burning coals.These refer to Apollo, which is the greek version of Resheph. Apollo is the healing rays of the sun, that also blind us/veil us/kill us. The rays flashing from his hand is literally Horns of Light. The other cover of Yahweh is pestilence, as it is translated, but that Word is literally Deber, or Dabar. Dabar is the Hebrew word for "Word". The Greek version is the Logos, and that is what is in there in the LXX. That is Min, or the Male principle, the erect penis brother in the Qedesh Stele. That is the Aleph/Alpha, Bull. Resheph on the End is the Tau, or Omega. These two are the Alpha/Omega.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zardust

You should give a big disclaimer that what you are teaching here is mystery babylon - people who do not know any better may mistake what you are saying as testimony from God.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zardust

Hi zardust. What a great first thread!
S&F for you.

Your proposal is interesting, because as you know I'm struggling at the moment with the idea of pagan vs Christian, or more specifically, the supposed transition.
From a number of sources, it would seem as if the transition was not as simple as I would have previously believed. I am referring specifically to Roman-era Scotland here, so I don't want to drag you too far from your premise 'From Egypt to Israel'...but it might still be relevant.
I'm wondering at the moment if there were more similarities between the pagan Druids and the Abrahamic religions than believed before, and whether the main differences were geographic rather than belief systems, hence pagan/christian is maybe a false dichotomy?
Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more from you, and seeing how your thread progresses.

B x

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I understand how you feel that way. You've been taught that pagan=bad. That is the confusion that has been spread by the deuteronomists/supercessionists. Mystery Babylon is not everything pagan. That whole 2 Babylon's line of thought has some merit, and I draw on some of those conclusions, in fact that book and "The origins of Pagan Idolatry" gave me quite a bit of fodder. I used to agree with their conclusions, but not anymore.

It is the bible that refers to Yahweh as a sun god. It is the bible that has Joseph living in the house of the Pharaoh, directing the egyptian nation, and marrying the daughter of a priest of On. On is the sun god, the temple of On was at heliopolis.

Joseph who is a type of Christ, marries and it explicitly states the daughter of a priest of On. She would have been considered the offspring of Helios.

I mean come on, that passage from Habakuk has Resheph accompanying Yahweh.

These are just surface things. There is so much more. Every page of the bible is loaded with pagan themes, symbols, and myths. That doesn't make it not true. That is the mentality of so many christians, that not literal=not true. But IMO the symbolic is what is Actually true, the literal is a side show.

I hope you'll read through with an open mind, I think that by the end the evidence will be pretty overwhelming. Unfortunately that is outside the comfort zone of most christians. We've been afraid for so long that if we get it wrong we are going to spend eternity in hell, what a load of crap. What that does is stop inquiry, real thinking, and calling a spade a spade.

Thanks for your comment.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by zardust

Hi zardust. What a great first thread!
S&F for you.

Your proposal is interesting, because as you know I'm struggling at the moment with the idea of pagan vs Christian, or more specifically, the supposed transition.
From a number of sources, it would seem as if the transition was not as simple as I would have previously believed. I am referring specifically to Roman-era Scotland here, so I don't want to drag you too far from your premise 'From Egypt to Israel'...but it might still be relevant.
I'm wondering at the moment if there were more similarities between the pagan Druids and the Abrahamic religions than believed before, and whether the main differences were geographic rather than belief systems, hence pagan/christian is maybe a false dichotomy?
Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more from you, and seeing how your thread progresses.

B x

Yes its more than Egypt. My goal is to trace the thread all the way back as far as I can. I used Egypt as a starting point because of the close relation with Israel, and the fact that most people are more familiar with these two nations and mythos than others. though I personally don't know much about Egypt, its too new on the scene for my likes, at least what we have most record of. But it serves as a connection to the more archaic religion, and Israel, and thus most peoples modern religion.

I also don't know much about Scotland and there folk, though I've got some stuff that I'll hopefully get around to. Again what we have record of is much more recent, so I'd like to find the original forms first, and see how they evolved into the more modern versions like the Norse mythos. There is a story to be told just from the minor changes that took place from culture to culture.

And yes to answer your question I think Pagan/Christian is a false dichotomy. Instead the dichotomy is those that worship in spirit and truth vs. those who worship the symbol, or the letter, or the idol. Its a fine line, but that is partly what I was referring to in my opening about dwelling in the midst. The middle road is the path, its easy to swing to extremes, but if we walk that tight rope, we can get across the chasm.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zardust

And yes to answer your question I think Pagan/Christian is a false dichotomy. Instead the dichotomy is those that worship in spirit and truth vs. those who worship the symbol, or the letter, or the idol. Its a fine line, but that is partly what I was referring to in my opening about dwelling in the midst. The middle road is the path, its easy to swing to extremes, but if we walk that tight rope, we can get across the chasm.

I'll be interested to read what you have to say, and keeping up with this thread even if I can't add much to help. Particularly the cross-cultural comparisons. I agree about trying to avoid extremes, and that spirit vs symbol is a more useful dichotomy.
Please bear in mind that I am a 'biblical idiot' and have a next to useless knowledge of the bible, so any questions are asked out of curiosity and not malice!
And it seems like the more I read about Scotland, the less I really know about it, so you're in good company

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zardust

Without going further down the steps, I would like to add some things that might be noteworthy,

A language above languages?
www.ayndrylrecords.forgottenlanguages.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What about the unspoken connections between saturn, our moon, men vs women and "our" average length of life?
one saturn year / one earth year = one moon cycle
one moon cycle * current average male life length today = current year (2014)

I leave these facts out here in the vast cosmos of information in addition to the the very thoughtful and mindboggeling initial post, in hope for more food for thought...

edit on 20-3-2014 by reef75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2014 by reef75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Very interesting, I'll have to look into that a bit more. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by zardust

I'll be interested to read what you have to say, and keeping up with this thread even if I can't add much to help. Particularly the cross-cultural comparisons. I agree about trying to avoid extremes, and that spirit vs symbol is a more useful dichotomy.
Please bear in mind that I am a 'biblical idiot' and have a next to useless knowledge of the bible, so any questions are asked out of curiosity and not malice!
And it seems like the more I read about Scotland, the less I really know about it, so you're in good company

It might be better to be a biblical idiot than one who has been indoctrinated into a certain way of reading the texts. The letter kills. (Thats the apostle Paul)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

zardust
Literal circumcision is about as good as literal castration.

Another thing to mention is that in warmer climates circumcision is about hygiene and a simple method for avoiding infections in the private area. In the story of Abraham and Sarah, Abraham was lit. circumcised in order to fix a certain private problem of producing an heir.

The vessel that carried Moses was a woven basket. A tale is woven, or the old saying of "he spun a yarn", or even a thread on the internet.

The main reason the Egyptian princess adopted Moses after having seen him coming down the Nile on a float, must have been because the situation was similar to when Osiris came floating down the Nile in a similar basket. They probably saw it as a sign, that Osiris was returning, which could also explain how Moses gained such power that he could arrange meetings with the king at wish and so on. By knowing the stories of the Egyptians the parents of Moses managed to make him survive and be adopted into Egyptian royalty.

Anyway, great thread! S/F

Edit: In Isaiah 19:25 God says: “Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance.”
edit on 21-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

I'm glad you brought up Osiris and Moses. I'm going to explore that theme in the future. There are so many it's hard to stay on track.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
BETH-EL, the house of EL

El is the high God in the Levantine pantheon, the word translated as God in the English Bible is El or Elohim. The word is actually AL, which is aleph lamed, notice aleph is spelled with AL. In the Hebrew Abjad (ABGD the first 4 letters of the semitic alphabets) which is the alpha-bet, or aleph-beth, the letters correspond to numbers.
Phoenecian Alphabet
These are the very first alphabets, ours derives from it. The oldest inscription of alphabetic script is found in the Sinai peninsula, and the inscriptions are to Hathor-Meri. Hathor is Hath-Hor, House of Horus. Hath=Beth. Hath-Hor's also known as Qodesh (see the qodesh stele).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/kv532ccfc7.gif[/atsimg]

El or Aleph or A is 1
Beth B 2
Gimel G 3
Daleth D 4

Aleph is the Father, the word means strong, power, just as the original meaning behind El was likely power. The Father is the Head of the household.

Beth is the Mother, and the letter has the meaning of a tent.

The AlphaBet, or AB is the word for Father, Jesus called God Abba. Remember that Male=Spirit=Seed=Sun=Head, and Female=Soul=Vessel=Moon=Body. BA is (one of) the egyptian words for soul.

AB father +BA mother= ABBA

Next we have G Gimel either a camel (camel comes from the word gamel) or a foot. Denoting movement?? Ancient Hebrew Letters

D is daleth, and the pictogram was originally a fish, but it became a door, Door is the common usage now.

G=3 + D=4 = GD7

Have you ever noticed how Jews write G_D instead of God. The english word God comes from Gad. Gad is the 7th son of Jacob and a quite popular deity by all the places named after him, possibly associated with Jupiter as the Greater Fortune (Meni or Min is the Lesser Fortune and associated with Gad, Min is the guy with the erect phallus on the Qodesh Stele, see 2nd post) GD is also the word for Coriander which is what Manna looks like. Manna is Man, or MN. Coriander GD appears twice with MN. I would say that the Manna was good fortune for Israel.

DG is the word Dag, which is the Hebrew word for Fish, a derivative of Dag is Dagan which is the word for corn or grain. The god Dagon is a half fish god that is also a fertility/agriculture god, who happens to have many connections to Noah, and Manu, or Utpanishtim, the half fish is a symbol of surviving the flood.

So in the ABGD, the first 4 letters of the Aleph-Beth, The Fathers House, We have all the foundations of our society. Father, Mother, House, Children, Grain, Fish, (Manna, bread from heaven)

The book of Revelation has Jesus saying I am the Alpha and Omega the beginning and end. That encompasses the entire spectrum of the Aleph Beth, the Father's House. These are examples of symbols that are the divine archetypes. Aleph-Tau is the Semitic version of Alpha-Omega. The Tau is the cross btw. The word Ath or Aleph-Tau is the most used word in the bible.

So back to Beth-El the House of El. Jacob named Bethel after he made a rock pillar, and anointed it with oil. The term Baetyl (Bethel) is a sacred stone often a meteorite like in Mecca (and possibly the name of a god). Whats my point with this? Jacob did things that were never condemned but should have been according to the Torah of Moses. Anointing a pillar is "pagan". Yet no condemnation. Just some things to think about.

Here is a mosaic from Bet Alpha a 6th century synagogue in Israel, it is of the zodiac, with Yaweh on the sun chariot
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/tr532cfb54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

zardust

I'm glad you brought up Osiris and Moses. I'm going to explore that theme in the future. There are so many it's hard to stay on track.

Indeed. Just received a book from Amazon I'm gonna read one of these days, called "The early history of God" by Mark S. Smith about "Yahweh and other deities in Ancient Israel". This thread here is right on the spot. Keep it coming!
edit on 22-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: a-e

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Abjad

Abjad is thought to be based on the first letters (a, b, g, d) found in all Semitic language such as Phoenician, Syriac, Hebrew, and Arabic. In Arabic, "A" (alif), "B" (bā’), "J" (jīm), "D" (dāl) make the word "abjad" which means "alphabet". The modern Arabic word for "alphabet" and "abjad" is interchangeably either "abajadīyah" or "alifbā’īyah".

iyah- Yah is Yahweh (though this pronunciation is actually of H-V, which are the 2 middle letters of YHVH or Yahweh (the w is actually a Vav; V, that is the 6th letter)

History of Writing

The first pure alphabets (properly, "abjads", mapping single symbols to single phonemes, but not necessarily each phoneme to a symbol) emerged around 1800 BC in Ancient Egypt, as a representation of language developed by Semitic workers in Egypt, but by then alphabetic principles had a slight possibility of being inculcated into Egyptian hieroglyphs for upwards of a millennium. Text Red

Just trying to tie in the concept of Egypt to Israel. I believe these workers are the Israelites, they wrote the first inscriptions to Hwt-Hor, Hath-Hor, House of Horus

Notice the Hw, or H-V in the word for house

Eve in the Hebrew language is Ḥawwāh, meaning: "living one" or "source of life", and is related to ḥāyâ, "to live". The name derives from the Semitic root ḥyw.[2]

Hawwah has been compared to the Hurrian Goddess Kheba, who was shown in the Amarna Letters to be worshipped in Jerusalem during the Late Bronze Age. It has been suggested that the name Kheba may derive from Kubau, a woman who reigned as the first king of the Third Dynasty of Kish.[3][4]

The name Asherah, from the first millennium BCE derives from Chawat, or Hawwah in Aramaic, Eve in English.[5]

It has been suggested that the Hebrew name Eve (חַוָּה) also bears resemblance[6] to an Aramaic word for "snake" (O.Arb.: חוה; J.Arm.: חִוְיָא).

The tree of Life is what the ashera represents. The Taanach stand with Yahweh and His Ashera is the sun in the tree. See the burning bush. Jesus the son/sun/seed raised up on the Tau Tree, the Tau is the tree and is an ancient sun-god symbol that predates christianity by millennia.

en.wikipedia.org...

For example, Celtic coins minted many centuries before the Christian era may have an entire side showing this type of cross, sometimes with the cardinal points marked by concave depressions in the same style as in stone age carvings. Other coins may be showing the cross held by a rider on a horse and springing a fern leaf, sometimes identified as a Tree of Life symbol.

As of April 10, 2013, pictures of a possible contender for the first use of the cross symbol has been found at the Tell Khaiber excavation site in Ur, Iraq. The shape of one of the buildings, believed to be about 4,000 years old, is in the shape of a cross of the type used in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. A picture of the building's floor can be seen here:[1] This would predate the ancient Israelites Tabernacle in the wilderness and the first two temples by about 800 years.

The Son or head or Crown or Prince (of Peace) = Zar= Seed Zardust is another pronunciation of Zar-athustra, or Zoroaster. Zor-Asura, or Crown of Ashera. (Zoroasterianism is the first recorded form of "monotheism", and they worshipped Asura Mazda in fire altars) This is depicted in the Tree of life symbol. Which is Jesus lifted up on the cross. He said "when I am lifted up on the cross, I will draw ALL PEOPLE to myself." This was him comparing himself to the bronze serpent in the wilderness. Which is a serpent raised up on a cross. This is the rod of Aesculapius the god of healing. Did you know that the word Save or Savior in Greek which is referring to Jesus is the word heal.

The word aesclepius means to cut open.
Interestingly There is a passage in the bible that says The Word of God (the Logos ---Aleph-in the-Tau)is Living and sharper than any two edged sword, cutting even to the division of Soul/woman and Spirit/man. The Logos cuts the division between Spirit-God, And Soul-Man. This is the work of the mediator. The link between God and Man. The word/logos/seed/head enthroned in the Body/Flesh/Soul/Tree of life/Eve-woman. He is Jacob's Ladder

Lets look at Bethel, the house of God, here is the context of the story where Jacob anoints a pillar calling it the House of God:

Gen 28:1 Then Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and directed him, “You must not take a wife from the Canaanite women. 2Arise, go to Paddan-aram to the house of Bethuel your mother’s father, and take as your wife from there one of the daughters of Laban your mother’s brother. 3God Almightya bless you and make you fruitful and multiply you, that you may become a company of peoples. 4May he give the blessing of Abraham to you and to your offspring with you, that you may take possession of the land of your sojournings that God gave to Abraham!”

Jacob the Sun (see Joseph's dream where Jacob is the sun, Rachel the moon, and the sons of Jacob are the stars and they all bow down to Joseph, then his brothers get pissed and send him off to Egypt)
Goes to get his wife the Moon (he gets two from Laban which means white here is the word Lebanah, same as Lebanon, which is where the garden of the gods, or eden is (see Song of Songs, and Gilgamesh Epic)

Labanah/Moon the root is Laban

[Sng 6:10 KJV] 10 Who [is] she [that] looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, [and] terrible as [an army] with banners?
[Isa 30:26 KJV] 26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

So back to our story, we have Jacob going to the house of Bethuel, or Bethe-el, his Father in laws house. To a man named Laban which is white/moon. The Bethuel house of El, is the house of the moon, or the house of Laban. Jacob is the sun/spirit who gets two brides because he is tricked because there was a VEIL between him and the bride. (Logos/Sword, cuts the division/veil between spirit and soul). Sin, Sinai=clay/Thorn/earth/woman

Sin/Nanna Babylonian moon god

Nanna is a Sumerian deity, the son of Enlil and Ninlil, and became identified with Semitic Sin. The two chief seats of Nanna's/Sin's worship were Ur in the south of Mesopotamia and Harran in the north.

He is commonly designated as En-zu, which means "lord of wisdom". During the period (c.2600-2400 BC) that Ur exercised a large measure of supremacy over the Euphrates valley, Sin was naturally regarded as the head of the pantheon. It is to this period that we must trace such designations of Sin as "father of the gods", "chief of the gods", "creator of all things", and the like. The "wisdom" personified by the moon-god is likewise an expression of the science of astronomy or the practice of astrology, in which the observation of the moon's phases is an important factor.

His wife was Ningal ("Great Lady"), who bore him Utu/Shamash ("Sun") and Inanna/Ishtar (the goddess of the planet Venus). The tendency to centralize the powers of the universe leads to the establishment of the doctrine of a triad consisting of Sin/Nanna and his children.

Sin had a beard made of lapis lazuli and rode on a winged bull. The bull was one of his symbols, through his father, Enlil, "Bull of Heaven", along with the crescent and the tripod (which may be a lamp-stand). On cylinder seals, he is represented as an old man with a flowing beard and the crescent symbol. In the astral-theological system he is represented by the number 30 and the moon. This number probably refers to the average number of days (correctly around 29.53) in a lunar month, as measured between successive new moons.

Nanna's chief sanctuary at Ur was named E-gish-shir-gal ("house of the great light"). It was at Ur that the role of the En Priestess developed.

Ur is where Abraham comes from, And that is where the god Sin was worshipped, by Harran which is one of Abrahams relatives which is Hor-en, Horus-an.

Gen 28:10Jacob left Beersheba and went toward Haran. 11And he came to a certain place and stayed there that night, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down in that place to sleep. 12And he dreamed, and behold, there was a ladderb set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven. And behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it! 13And behold, the LORD stood above itc and said, “I am the LORD, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. The land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring. 14Your offspring shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south, and in you and your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed. 15Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” 16Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the LORD is in this place, and I did not know it.” 17And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.”

18So early in the morning Jacob took the stone that he had put under his head and set it up for a pillar and poured oil on the top of it. 19He called the name of that place Bethel
,d but the name of the city was Luz at the first.

Jacob is given the vision of the ladder with the angels ascending and descending. In John chapter 1, possibly the most symbolically rich chapter of any text in the bible, at the very end after Jesus is called the logos made flesh that tabernacles among us/in us. He says this at the very end:

Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. 51And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Fig tree?? that is the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the fig leaves used by adam and eve to cover/veil themselves. Then he says he is the Tree of Life, the Ladder of Jacob, the Beth-El. The vessel of the seed.

Lets look at a couple other trees of life, like the shin, and Samekh

Samekh or Simketh is the fifteenth letter in many Semitic alphabets, including Phoenician, Hebrew, and Aramaic, representing /s/. The Arabic alphabet, however, uses a letter based on Phoenician šin to represent /s/ (see there); however, that glyph takes Samekh's place in the traditional Abjadi order of the Arabic alphabet.

The Phoenician letter gave rise to the Greek Xi (Ξ
, ξ).[2]

The letter samekh is the Djed [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/wp532d8c4a.png[/atsimg] which is a picture of Osiris inside something (thats the next post).

The Xi which is 60 is not to be confused with X chi 600 Wiki

In ancient times, some local forms of the Greek alphabet used the chi instead of xi to represent the /ks/ sound. This was borrowed into the early Latin language, which led to the use of the letter X for the same sound in Latin, and many modern languages that use the Latin alphabet.

The greeks have X as the 22nd letter of the alphabet which is what Tau is in the Hebrew: 22nd. Tau was originally an X

The Labarum or Chi-Ro or X-R(ay) that sees through you
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/li532d8c08.png[/atsimg]

Christos=Annointed, Chr=ChiRo, X-mas. Chi-Ro

Although modern representations of the Chi-Rho sign represent the two lines crossing at ninety degree angles, the early examples of the Chi-Rho cross at an angle that is more vividly representative of the chi formed by the solar ecliptic path and the celestial equator. This image is most familiar in Plato's Timaeus, where it is explained that the two bands which form the "world soul" (anima mundi) cross each other like the letter chi.[7] Not only did the two legs of the chi remind early Christians of the Holy Cross, "it reminded them of the mystery of the pre-existent Christ, the Logos Theou, the Word of God, who extended himself through all things in order to establish peace and harmony in the universe,"

We've established X as the tree we can see it also in the letter Shin

ש

In the Sefer Yetzirah the letter Shin is King over Fire, Formed Heaven in the Universe, Hot in the Year, and the Head in the Soul.

See this Shadow of the Sha, Ash

Rho in Chi-Rho is HEAD!!!!! www.ancient-hebrew.org.... Rosh means head, first, crown, first fruits. The first of the seed. Constantine was right to use the symbol but used it for detestable purposes, to make war.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yes I've read some of Smith's stuff on Google books. Let me know what you think of the book.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zardust

you are quite an interesting character here, zardust. On the surface, what you write seems to have a naivete to it. Like a child seeking the greater truth, but still on the side of not understanding that greater truth. On the other side, you show such a deep, deep understanding of The Mysteries....these two facets seem to be juxtaposed here a bit. Not that I am calling anything about you into question...just noting how interesting that is.

I am quite interested in where you are going with this. I read this thread when it was originally posted, and have just kind of sat on a response until now. Not sure why I chose to add my comments in now.

The phoenix avatar...interesting choice. The ashes beneath it....what are they?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join