It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So I've been a member for 5 months now and I cannot for the life me think of a design for my avatar. So I'm going to make a proposal to the avatar creation team and any interested party.

Simply put I would like to make a competition for the team or any member to offer some original artwork for my avi and let everyone star the one they like and that will be the one I use with due credit given in my sig for the winner, as well as a weekend in Vegas(not really).

I have no restrictions other than the t&c and a suitable period of time for the judging to close. If I get the go ahead on this from TPTB I will set the deadline if not then it'll be a blackhole. Or someone can just make me an avi (but where's the fun in that).

So shoutout and let your opinions be heard.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

A simpler solution would be to go to the avatar creations thread. Where all the generous avy makers hang out, waiting for members to show up and ask for an avatar.

The link to that thread is in my sig, at the bottom of this post. They made all my avatars, including the one I'm wearing now.

Here, I added the link for you. Enjoy visiting the Avatar Creations thread. They even have a bunch ready made you can choose from.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

edit on 19-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

Does'nt work like that friend,
Go to the link in Destiny's post, all your needs met there

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

That's an awful lot of work for other people to do, to both develop and create your avatar.

Use google images, look at deviantart, think back to what mesmerized you as a kid, or now.

Then maybe come back and ask one of these nice folks to create one for you...

It really is a bit much to ask for a competition and judging just to create your avatar.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well I try to make a fun challenge out of something I really can't get into doing myself and you have to rain on my parade.
If that's the way it is I guess I'll get around to it at some point. I 'm going for a pint or three now I'm bummed.

J/K it's all good..I am going for those pints though but there's wifi at the pub.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to AR dpost by lovestbeck
er

I used to do avatars/sigs and webdesign for my clans and I know my way around paintshop and photoshop as well as a couple of others but I need to have the creative juices flowing and I'm down to my tablet and phone. I' d have to bash a case together to get some decent software running. Like I said lacking motivation. Suppose I could edit some of my old work to use or use any one of my friends machines.

ETA: actually I have an old gateway dual core kicking around and some 512m gaming cards and 19" monitors I might just slap it together for #s & giggles hell I might even play some bf2 if theres still any servers running.
edit on 3/19/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

Just for the fun of it, try the link I gave you to the Avatar Creations thread. It has everything you need in order to size your new avy properly for the ATS format. Plus, you may find one that floats your boat already made, and all you have to do is upload it and tip your hat to the Artists in the thread for it.

Give it a try...it won't be a waste of your time, I promise...

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

OK Des how can I say no to you. I'll check it out.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

Have a tray of pastries to munch while you look them over...

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Contests through ATS are done solely by staff.

As already mentioned, we have quite the community of people who make avatars for folk:

Found here.

I'm sure you'll find all the assistance you need there

Thread Closed.

~Tenth

top topics

join