It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Photographic Images.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've been a rock-hound since being a little kid (so just a few years back, lol) and the seeing a raw and rough piece of rock cut and polished never ceases to excite me. When you look at the ugly outside of a rock, you never know the secret it holds till it's cut and revealed to the World.

And some really are quite beautiful and resemble scenes from out of our life, of course this is just pareidolia on our part. (BTW, you can right-click to view most of these in larger sizes)

Here's some Rough Agates, they look like just ordinary 'plain' stones.

But cut them open and the magic happens !

This last one is rather famous (and expensive) as it resembles an Owl.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Stumbled upon an Artist named Dale Chihuly (77yrs young) and his latest glass creations being exhibited at the Arthur Roger's Gallery. Chihuly’s “Fiori di Como” — is the better known pieces, the monumental ceiling was installed at the Bellagio in Las Vegas in 1998, and probably the piece most responsible for making the artist a household name.

The pieces below are enormous in size, (the Persian Ceiling piece stretches along a corridor of 20 feet), and this first piece is so heavy it requires three Steel-wrapped cables to suspend it above. (Right click image to see larger view)

edit on 6/2/2020 by JohnnyAnonymous because: To add content, to what was a wonderful series of pics but is even now a much better post because of the edit's. And so what... Are you writing a book or something on me... ARE YOU PROFILING ME? WTH... wow this panic-demic has me going a little bit nuts. SO..... Are You Calling Me CRAZY NOW?

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Have a friend that lives up in Alaska and is always bragging about the Northern Lights or the Aurora Borealis, so this is for him. First shot is from the Space Station, second from Alaska, (Right-click to see full image)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Ah the humble drop of water, beautiful in it's simplicity. But collide two droplets together and you get a spectacular event. (Right-click to see larger pics)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
(Sent to me from a friend that does a lot of Alpine Hiking).

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Look at how happy this Sea-Lion Pup is.... even the Sea Sponge is surprised!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Monarch Butterfly's have always been a favorite of mine.... (Right-Click for larger image)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Jagdschloss Gelbensande is a hunting lodge or manor that was erected between 1880 and 1885 as a summer residence for Grand Duke Friedrich Franz III of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. After 1887, it was used as a base for hunting in the surrounding forest, the Rostock Heath. (right-click for larger image)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I call this one "sleeping dog"

My Australian terrier "Sadie"
edit on 13-6-2020 by baddmove because: dog name

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
I call this one "sleeping dog"

Thats a great shot and Sadie looks pretty comfortable there too!

Your pic made me look for something comparable but all i could find that made me laugh were these shaking Dog shots captured with High-Speed Cameras. (Right-Click for larger Image)

edit on 6/13/2020 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Loved looking through all of these. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Didn't want the Cat Lover's to get upset with me, so a nice curious cat shot (right-click for larger image).

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Hey mate, some great pic additions there - love those dogs (and the cat).

Olmec:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Because many celebrate Fathers Day (which should be everyday & your Mother too), thought I'd post up some various 'Fathers'.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join