It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ukraine situation dragged me here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hello i am here because there is far more news here than in the MSM, and i am here to learn more things.

Nice to meet you all.

PS i know Russia have a larger military force, but i cant for the life of me understand why UKRAINE are such wimps, and despite their officers kidnapped, soldiers killed, Crimea invaded and taken over, they still refuse to fire a shot, and are now running away.

I have searched thread after thread on here, post after post and nobody else has asked this, and this is why i am here - am i alone in the world with this question? it just boggles my mind why i seem to be the only person on the planet wanting to know how a country, could let itself be invaded without firing a shot. Is that the norm these days?

Anyway, nice to see all of you i will be keeping an eye out on all the threads, but i just can not understand why humanity seem to have lost something called self - respect/ standing up for yourself, sigh.

edit on 19-3-2014 by eliuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Welcome to ATS, eliuk!

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the plethora of information provided below:

Terms and Conditions ...... (Very important, please review.)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. In the meantime, kick your feet up, have a look around, and enjoy your stay.

BoneZ,
ATS Member and Moderator

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for reply that was useful, but it didnt have much to do with my concern

I find like i am almost alien in this world - i cant get my head round why none of you think its appalling that Ukraine will barely lift a military finger to defend themselves

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

As this is an introduction forum, we should keep the discussion leaning towards that here. You're free to discuss the Ukraine situation in any of the numerous on-going Ukraine threads around the site.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

eliuk
Ukraine will barely lift a military finger to defend themselves

Thats why your not leader of the Ukraine

What do you think would happen if they tried?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Welcome to ATS!

I don't understand it either.

Maybe knowing that it is suicide to fight Russia has something to do with it.

It is puzzling though.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Read the rules and T's & C's you agreed to in the post above from moderator BoneZ....then ask questions after you make 20 posts. In this forum, we all would like you to tell us about yourself as this is the Introduction Forum!

Welcome aboard!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Welcome to ATS, I agree i haven't seen many people questioning that and find it interesting as well..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

YoComrade
reply to post by eliuk

Welcome to ATS, I agree i haven't seen many people questioning that and find it interesting as well..

yeh have you read some of the replies, i am even being silenced here from asking it....

why will ukraine not be a coward, and why will they not fight back..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

eliuk

YoComrade
reply to post by eliuk

yeh have you read some of the replies, i am even being silenced here from asking it....

why will ukraine not be a coward, and why will they not fight back..

Here's what I think - and no offence intended.

Judging by the tone and terms used ("cowards", "wimps" and so forth), either you are a small-time agent provocateur who'd like to see some sparks flying for personal amusement - or you haven't really thought about the situation, let alone ponder it in light of comparable historic situations - for example, the invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1939.

None of the scenarios above is likely to elicit many constructive responses.

edit on 19-3-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Welcome, Op!

Reply to 20 threads real quick and also genuinely and then hurry and post yours!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is the introductions forum, it is NOT a topical forum for discussing the issue in the Ukraine.

If you'd like to discuss that, please find your way to one of the dozen or so threads currently covering all things Crimea.

As this thread has devolved into a non-troduction, it is now closed.

~Tenth

top topics

join