It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dream... Demon/Unknown entity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am making this thread to hear your thoughts on a discussion i had with my little sister last night..

My sister is 17.. she is a very shy person and rarely goes out partying like most teenagers and she is not the type to exaggerate or make false claims...

She told me this dream has been recurring every few weeks since she was ten... it starts off in our childhood home, she wakes from sleep and goes to the kitchen for a glass of water. after the glass is filled she gets a terrible feeling that something is coming for her so she places the glass in the sink without drinking it and hides behind the kitchen door... She is terrified and unable to move or breath as she hears footsteps coming towards her... the entity stands on the opposite side of the door breathing loudly and whispering threats ( I'm coming for you. You belong to me) being the most common although she says the threats do vary and sometimes not a word is spoken....

She told me she has never seen the entity because she is hiding behind a door with her eyes closed but she gets the sense that it has hooves instead of feet and red eyes... I asked her if she has ever tried to communicate with it and she said no because she is unable to move, scream or even breath in the dream...She hears scratching on the door and tries to release a scream at which point she wakes up.

as she is waking she says she always hears the same name.. Zozo... now as a proud member of the tinfoil hat club i happen to know that the Zozo phenomenon is pretty common with those who experiment with Ouija. something she claims to have never dabbled in ( I have no reason not to believe her, she doesn't lie to me.)

I spent lots of time thinking on this today and it has me stumped, i have read enough accounts of demonic entities here on ATS to be open to the idea that they have a basis in reality however the thought that one of these malicious entities may be attaching itself to my sibling is very disconcerting...

Do any of you guys have any experience with this kind of thing and if so what steps should i be taking to rid my sister of whatever this thing is....

I understand many of you have very specific ideas of what is real and what is not and i respect all of your opinions, all i ask is you keep your responses polite as i intend on showing my sister this post and don't want her reading through a bunch of posts claiming she is a liar or mentally ill......

Thanks in advance for all your help

PHNX

edit on 19/3/2014 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ph03n1x
I am making this thread to hear your thoughts on a discussion i had with my little sister last night..

My sister is 17.. she is a very shy person and rarely goes out partying like most teenagers and she is not the type to exaggerate or make false claims...

She told me this dream has been recurring every few weeks since she was ten... it starts off in our childhood home, she wakes from sleep and goes to the kitchen for a glass of water. after the glass is filled she gets a terrible feeling that something is coming for her so she places the glass in the sink without drinking it and hides behind the kitchen door... She is terrified and unable to move or breath as she hears footsteps coming towards her... the entity stands on the opposite side of the door breathing loudly and whispering threats ( I'm coming for you. You belong to me) being the most common although she says the threats do vary and sometimes not a word is spoken....

She told me she has never seen the entity because she is hiding behind a door with her eyes closed but she gets the sense that it has hooves instead of feet and red eyes... I asked her if she has ever tried to communicate with it and she said no because she is unable to move, scream or even breath in the dream...She hears scratching on the door and tries to release a scream at which point she wakes up.

as she is waking she says she always hears the same name.. Zozo... now as a proud member of the tinfoil hat club i happen to know that the Zozo phenomenon is pretty common with those who experiment with Ouija. something she claims to have never dabbled in ( I have no reason not to believe her, she doesn't lie to me.)

I spent lots of time thinking on this today and it has me stumped, i have read enough accounts of demonic entities here on ATS to be open to the idea that they have a basis in reality however the thought that one of these malicious entities may be attaching itself to my sibling is very disconcerting...

Do any of you guys have any experience with this kind of thing and if so what steps should i be taking to rid my sister of whatever this thing is....

I understand many of you have very specific ideas of what is real and what is not and i respect all of your opinions, all i ask is you keep your responses polite as i intend on showing my sister this post and don't want her reading through a bunch of posts claiming she is a liar or mentally ill......

PHNX

Your sister is not on medication is she?

It is very possible your sister is under demonic attack.

She needs to find a delivery ministry - they not only keep your info confidential but have experience with this type of problem and have the "know how" what needs to be done.

She must always fight this feeling. Remember - We were not born with a spirit of fear.

Each night before she goes to bed have her say this prayer:

BEDTIME PRAYER:

"Thank you, Lord, that you have brought me into your family and have blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Thank you for this time of renewal and refreshment through sleep. I accept it as one of your blessings for your children and I trust you to guard my mind and my body during my sleep.

As I have thought about you and your truth during the day, I choose to let those good thoughts continue in my mind while I am asleep. I commit myself to you and your protection against every attempt of Satan and his demons to attack me during sleep. Guard my mind from nightmares. I renounce all fear and cast every anxiety upon you, Lord. I commit myself to you as my rock, my fortress and my strong tower. May your peace be upon this place of rest. In the strong name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray. AMEN "

Have her say this every night. It is not bad idea that you get everyone in the home to say this prayer.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Thanks for your reply, it's greatly appreciated....

No she is not on any medication and she only drinks alcohol very occasionally.

Thanks for the prayer, i don't conform with any religion but i am a spiritual person in my own way and i am willing to try anything at this point, it all has me a little freaked out.

thanks again

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Has it ever been anything more than a dream? Like any synchronicity the next day with somebody saying the same words that were said to her in the dream or perhaps still hearing the voice for a few minutes after waking up? Maybe finding writings in her own journal that she doesn't remember? Anything like that?

If not, it doesn't necessarily rule anything out but it could mean that it's simply a reoccurring dream. Any childhood trauma that may have made her create a demon like this as a scapegoat?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Ph03n1x

Thanks for the prayer, i don't conform with any religion but i am a spiritual person in my own way and i am willing to try anything at this point, it all has me a little freaked out.

thanks again

No problem ......anytime.

Watch her closely.... weird facial expressions, short temper, excessive use of foul language, bad/nasty mood swings, wants to be left alone all the time and depression. Just to name a few.

If she practices any type of magic even Wiccan or in the occult she should reconsider and stop immediately.

Not to worry you but this type of problem can get out of hand real quick.

God bless you and your family

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Cuervo
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Has it ever been anything more than a dream? Like any synchronicity the next day with somebody saying the same words that were said to her in the dream or perhaps still hearing the voice for a few minutes after waking up? Maybe finding writings in her own journal that she doesn't remember? Anything like that?

If not, it doesn't necessarily rule anything out but it could mean that it's simply a reoccurring dream. Any childhood trauma that may have made her create a demon like this as a scapegoat?

She hears the name Zozo as she wakes and during the dream she hears statements like "I'm coming for you, you belong to me".. after she wakes she doesn't hear anything else but she is left with the lingering sense of fear

she doesn't keep a journal, shes more of an artist than a writer, she did say her art always has a darker tone after she has the dream.

With regards to trauma, our mother and father died when she was a toddler but she doesn't have any memory of them or their death, consciously at least... considering the dream started when she was ten i believe trauma has little to do with it but i am no psychologist and that wouldn't explain the Zozo link..

PHNX

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

Ph03n1x

thanks again

No problem ......anytime.

Watch her closely.... weird facial expressions, short temper, excessive use of foul language, bad/nasty mood swings, wants to be left alone all the time and depression. Just to name a few.

If she practices any type of magic even Wiccan or in the occult she should reconsider and stop immediately.

Not to worry you but this type of problem can get out of hand real quick.

God bless you and your family

No she doesn't practice anything like that....

i will be keeping a close eye on her

thanks again

PHNX

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Ph03n1x

thanks again

Has she ever played with the Ouija board?

ZOZO is a demon associated with the Ouija board.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ph03n1x

Understand.

Was she ever in a room when other people were playing with a Ouija board?

Have you played with the Ouija board?

Is there a Ouija board in the house?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Ph03n1x

Cuervo
reply to post by Ph03n1x

She hears the name Zozo as she wakes and during the dream she hears statements like "I'm coming for you, you belong to me".. after she wakes she doesn't hear anything else but she is left with the lingering sense of fear

she doesn't keep a journal, shes more of an artist than a writer, she did say her art always has a darker tone after she has the dream.

With regards to trauma, our mother and father died when she was a toddler but she doesn't have any memory of them or their death, consciously at least... considering the dream started when she was ten i believe trauma has little to do with it but i am no psychologist and that wouldn't explain the Zozo link..

PHNX

Losing your parents is never easy and I'm sad to hear you had to go through that so young but you are probably right and it may be unrelated.

I am not personally acquainted with this Zozo fella but I've known his like. I think it unlikely that an entity would stick with only one format with which to make contact (Ouija) so there's likely other ways especially when you consider that the Zozo legend started before the Ouija came around as a parlor game.

Now... I know these might be silly questions but does she know anybody that would have wanted this for her? It would most likely be an older person since this started when she was 10. Like an aunt or perhaps some discarded god-parents? Also, has she ever had any "imaginary" friends growing up? Any alter-egos she personifies with her art work?

I'm just covering all the bases. It's still very possible she heard the legend of Zozo as a child and has been simply having nightmares about it. If it's something more, it would be helpful to know for sure.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

it's not really the kind of thing she would normally be into but it's not beyond the realm of possibility, i asked her if she had ever taken part in Ouija and she said no, i didn't ask if she was present when others had been using it...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Not that i know of, she and i are the last of our family... she did have an imaginary friend growing up but she grew out of that before the dreams started...

with regards to her art, she is obsessed with the Renaissance... she paints lots of cherubs and angels and the like, she isn't religious she just feels a connection to the kind of work that was popular back then, after the dreams her work gets much darker with angels doing battle and things like that....

I also thought perhaps she had heard about the zozo phenomenon in the past but she is adamant that she has only ever heard the name in her dream...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Many years ago I had an experience playing with the Ouija board and it was all negative.

A friend of mine brought over to my home a Ouija board and we played it all night. A few weeks later hell became a normal part of my life for at least one year until I read somewhere to burn the Ouija board. Now this might sound silly but me and my family took this Ouija board and threw it into the fireplace and started a fire and the paper Ouija board would not burn. NO JOKE - This freaked us all out. We had a roaring fire in the fire place and this board did not burn. Afterwards like for a week we did many tearful prayers and tried a second time to burn the board and it worked. Afterwards our hellish nightmares of a life stopped and our lives returned to normal.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ph03n1x
reply to post by Cuervo

Not that i know of, she and i are the last of our family... she did have an imaginary friend growing up but she grew out of that before the dreams started...

with regards to her art, she is obsessed with the Renaissance... she paints lots of cherubs and angels and the like, she isn't religious she just feels a connection to the kind of work that was popular back then, after the dreams her work gets much darker with angels doing battle and things like that....

I also thought perhaps she had heard about the zozo phenomenon in the past but she is adamant that she has only ever heard the name in her dream...

I see a connection between the dreams and her painting - both being spiritual. I don't want to jump the gun and get everyone upset but to me this is clearly a spiritual issue.

I understand you are not religious and you stated earlier you are open to ideas so try this, I have enclosed a pamphlet for your sister. Together go over it from the first page until the end - if she can openly out loud read all the prayers and work through the booklet - she will be fine.

www.dropbox.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Although it seems like a recurring dream to her, it's most likely not. It's an old dream within a new dream. I think most cases where recurring nightmares happen, this is the case. What has happened is her mind expresses fear through this particular dream. Some of us have exposure dreams from time to time, i.e. naked in the pool or at school etc., some where you can't breath or move, some where all of your teeth are loose and falling out.

Whenever you feel overwhelmed or overexposed during waking hours, your mind brings these old dreams back to the surface in order to try and sort out what is happening to you outside of the dream world. Some times, as in recurring dreams, while you traverse the dream world you get into a situation where you experience fear and your mind brings the old dreams back in as a sub dream, or "dream within a dream" in order to translate the feeling.

If the dreams are really troubling her, then tell her to think about the dream upon waking and try and correlate it symbolically to either something going on outside of the dream world or something that she might have been dreaming immediately before hand. Once she grasps the symbolism in it and is able to link it to her natural feelings, or the natural flow of her dreaming, it should lose it's grip on her.

The worst thing you can do is try and give any sort of demonic relation to the dreams. They are perfectly natural, and they are her mind trying to get a handle on some unknown fear. Don't compound it and make it any more complicated than it already is by bringing in other things that she should be scared of.

edit on 19-3-2014 by Quauhtli because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Quauhtli
Although it seems like a recurring dream to her, it's most likely not. It's a dream within a dream. I think most cases where recurring nightmares happen, this is the case. What has happened is her mind expresses fear through this particular dream. Some of us have exposure dreams from time to time, i.e. naked in the pool or at school etc., some where you can't breath, some where all of your teeth are loose and falling out.

Whenever you feel overwhelmed or overexposed during waking hours, your mind brings these old dreams back to the surface in order to try and sort out what is happening to you outside of the dream world. Some times, as in recurring dreams, while you traverse the dream world you get into a situation where you experience fear and your mind brings the old dreams back in as a sub dream, or "dream within a dream" in order to translate the feeling.

if the dreams are really troubling her, then have her think about the dream upon waking and try and correlate it symbolically to either something going on outside of the dream world or something that she might have been dreaming immediately before hand. Once she grasps the symbolism in it and is able to link it to her natural feelings, or the natural flow of the dream world, it should lose it's grip on her.

The worst thing you can do is try and give any sort of demonic relation to the dreams. They are perfectly natural, and they are her mind trying to get a handle on some unknown fear. don't compound it and make it any more complicated that it already is, by bringing in other things that she should be scared of.

Not for seven years! A reoccurring dream for seven years......not likely.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I also see the connection however i am also toying with the idea that this entity is in fact a manifestation of my sisters dark side....

let me explain... as i said before she is very shy but she is also kind and generous and she never gives into anger or faults others for their own shortcomings... i thought perhaps maybe there is a part of her that wants to lose control and set all her anger and fear loose and maybe this part of her has manifested itself in a dream, i am looking at any and all theories but i agree that it does on the surface appear to be a spiritual issue even if i am determined to find any other explanation for it.... i guess i just don't like the thought of not being able to keep her safe from whatever it is.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

Ph03n1x
reply to post by Cuervo

I see a connection between the dreams and her painting - both being spiritual. I don't want to jump the gun and get everyone upset but to me this is clearly a spiritual issue.

I agree. At least, I agree enough to think it's worth the OP asking his sister for permission to post a couple of them. I'd like to see a "happy" picture as well as one of her "dark" post-dream ones.

I'm still open to it just being a dream but even "just dreams" can have spiritual influences.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Ph03n1x

PHNX

you should contact a priest who is knowledgeable in exorcism practices - although I do not think your sister needs exorcism but she might need a specific protection and priests who know the exorcisms usually know other practices as well.
Do not waste time. Start searching for one now.
It does not matter if you are religious, Christian or atheist ( or your sister as well).
The exorcism priests are usually Catholics.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join