It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine to withdraw troops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So, Ukraine is going to just withdraw, and thats it, not a shot fired.. humiliated had their Crimea taken from them, officers kidnapped, a soldier killed, yet they are just going to say `yes sir` and withdraw and move on from it? Really?.. i understand that Russia are a major military power, but surely somebody needs to lift a finger and give Russia a spanking.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

eliuk

WhiteAlice
From the OP article:

Meanwhile, shocking footage has emerged of MPs from Ukraine's far-right Svoboda party roughing up Oleksandr Panteleymonov, the acting chief executive of the state broadcaster, over his decision to broadcast the treaty ceremony in the Kremlin.

Footage of that is in the first link below and honestly, the executive looks like he's about to pee his pants. Can't blame him and the guy doing it is a member of the Ukrainian parliament for the Svoboda party. I think Ukraine is right to withdraw and should probably focus on the issues occurring within its own borders. This isn't the first footage I've seen of Svoboda strong arming but it's the first time I've seen it on a US news source. I'd not want to be in Ukraine right now.

www.nbcnews.com...
www.channel4.com...

So you are saying that Ukraine should just accept its losses, leave Crimea and move on?
and like a coward do nothing militarily and just let itself be pushed around.

Russians i fear are like the arab nations they arent happy with a bit of land, they want more and more

Crimea was the deal, Crimea it is, and they will not want more and more. They will have gotten some assurances though, about the safety of other Russian nationals and some economic things. Alls well that ends well, or at least ends.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Aleister

eliuk

WhiteAlice
From the OP article:

Meanwhile, shocking footage has emerged of MPs from Ukraine's far-right Svoboda party roughing up Oleksandr Panteleymonov, the acting chief executive of the state broadcaster, over his decision to broadcast the treaty ceremony in the Kremlin.

Footage of that is in the first link below and honestly, the executive looks like he's about to pee his pants. Can't blame him and the guy doing it is a member of the Ukrainian parliament for the Svoboda party. I think Ukraine is right to withdraw and should probably focus on the issues occurring within its own borders. This isn't the first footage I've seen of Svoboda strong arming but it's the first time I've seen it on a US news source. I'd not want to be in Ukraine right now.

www.nbcnews.com...
www.channel4.com...

So you are saying that Ukraine should just accept its losses, leave Crimea and move on?

Russians i fear are like the arab nations they arent happy with a bit of land, they want more and more

Crimea was the deal, Crimea it is, and they will not want more and more. They will have gotten some assurances though, about the safety of other Russian nationals and some economic things. Alls well that ends well, or at least ends.

So thats it? the whole saga is over?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Their next trick is to try to get the UN to make Crimea a DMZ hahahahaha

Then rescue Crimean hostages.

Maybe they should also build a wooden horse.

Hope they don't step on any mines.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
THE TOPIC IS NOT EACH OTHER!

Knock of the personal comments or posting bans may follow.

Blaine91555
Forum Moderator

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

The Ukraine troops might give up but what kind of equipment are they giving Russia?
The navy had to have more than just row boats and the air force had to have more than just kites.
I know Russia has some good toys but the way the politicians in the US gave them a billion loan guarantee some of that was probably military toys.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

eliuk

Aleister

eliuk

WhiteAlice
From the OP article:

www.nbcnews.com...
www.channel4.com...

So thats it? the whole saga is over?

imnho this was the deal since the right wing took the country over, which was why I was never worried about any of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
All of this could have been avoided if the meddling US had not put a wedge in the region .The elections in May might have resolved the issues within the Ukraine .As it stands the new Govt. will have to do some serious work to gain the confidence of the rest of the population or risk even more problems ...peace

correct, the only problem is that events are not going in direction US expected.
I think we will see new protests in Kiev before elections in May. People need to eat, pay bills, etc and current government has no money. Not to mention that eastern part of Ukraine might go 'Crimea style'.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

eliuk

WhiteAlice
From the OP article:

www.nbcnews.com...
www.channel4.com...

I think Ukraine should be more worried about their gold reserve going missing than losing a piece of land they never should have had within their borders in the first place.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

If the Ukraine stood their ground, wouldn't that have potentially sparked a world war?

I agree you have to stand up for yourself

But maybe Ukraine should bend a little so the world doesn't break?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

GoShredAK
reply to post by eliuk

If the Ukraine stood their ground, wouldn't that have potentially sparked a world war?

I agree you have to stand up for yourself

But maybe Ukraine should bend a little so the world doesn't break?

Amd that about say it all

If Ukraine defended itself against the invading bullies we'd be in the middle of ww3 right now

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

What Ukraine should do is up to Ukraine and the people living with it. As an American, I really can't tell them what they should do as I don't live there. However, I can agree with their move to withdraw their troops because it seems like they are having internal issues still when you have thugs within the parliament.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by robbeh

Probably going to war now after the shooting today. Who didn't see that coming?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join