It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Tattoo Brings Armed State Troopers To Man’s Door

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So in Maine your Alowed to own a gun at any age without proper training and certification as long as it is a Rifle, Shotgun or handgun. Thats messed up. Do assult rifles count or is that just Hunting rifles? Those laws are so vague its no wonder there is such a huge gun problem in the states.

Where I come from you must go through gun safty and hunting courses inorder to get a gun licence, even then your restricted hardcore to what caliber/ kind of gun you can use.

Maybe thats why Canada has far less gun murders then the states do.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

azdaze

hounddoghowlie

then someone screwed the pouch on that call, unless the tree trimmers said he pointed or threatened them.
cause his tat was in plain sight.

Then there should be a follow up investigation. If the investigation reveals that the tree trimmers gave false information to the authorities they should be charged as such. If it is revealed that no mention was made of direct threats with the weapon, then the focus should be on who it was that issued the dispatch to the man's house. When incidents like these are glossed over as a simple misunderstanding then we all lose.

exactly right. go after the tree trimmers for lying.

Or go after whomever commanded the unit to go in ...imo, the Tackleberry syndrome is to blame.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

azdaze

hounddoghowlie

then someone screwed the pouch on that call, unless the tree trimmers said he pointed or threatened them.
cause his tat was in plain sight.

Then there should be a follow up investigation. If the investigation reveals that the tree trimmers gave false information to the authorities they should be charged as such. If it is revealed that no mention was made of direct threats with the weapon, then the focus should be on who it was that issued the dispatch to the man's house. When incidents like these are glossed over as a simple misunderstanding then we all lose.

I completely agree with you, Azdaze.

It appears these days, all that is required for a full blown swat team to be dispatched, is for someone to whisper the word gun.

As long as people accept that guns are a taboo subject and don't expect reasonable answers to situations like this one, the more desensitized they become to being manhandled, groped, and having their rights trampled on by overzealous, trigger happy law enforcement.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And if they don't respond or respond seriously enough, you'd probably be criticizing them for that too. Point is they don't know until they get there. Like you said before, there's not video...just he said they said. Very little information to be getting this stirred up over imo.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Very little information to be getting this stirred up over imo.

But just enough information to justify sending a paramilitary force to your home.

This could very well happen to you at any moment. It could happen to any one of us. Pets are shot, people are killed, homes are destroyed everyday in America because the reasonable response to random unsubstantiated anonymous cries of wolf is to send heavily armed jacked up goons with weapons drawn.

There really needs to be a better way.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

~Lucidity

Very little information to be getting this stirred up over imo.

But just enough information to justify sending a paramilitary force to your home.

This could very well happen to you at any moment. It could happen to any one of us. Pets are shot, people are killed, homes are destroyed everyday in America because the reasonable response to random unsubstantiated anonymous cries of wolf is to send heavily armed jacked up goons with weapons drawn.

There really needs to be a better way.

Well I was glad to see the paramilitary force show up at my home when my ex was threatening me and my son with a Ruger. But that's just me.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Good, you have first hand experience.

So how did your experience differ from:

The workers thought they saw a gun in his waistband and called police.

I'm assuming you made the call? You were actively and directly being threatened?

Isnt that a little different than some utility workers saying "i see a man with a holstered gun"?

Best part is it wasnt even reported as being threatening:

Smith went back to bed; but as the workers were leaving, one thought he saw a pistol in Smith’s waistband.

I could understand the response to a direct threat but there was none reported by the workers. Just that a gun may be in the possession of a man. Nothing illegal or suspicious at all.

As a side note why did you say "Ruger" rather than gun, pistol, rifle, etc...? I find it odd to mention a make of an object. I almost got hit by a car the other day. Not I almost got hit by a Mazda the other day. Just genuinely curious at the word choice.
edit on 19-3-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The cops should have come!

It's an "assault tattoo!"

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'm glad you got the LE aid you needed. And that you both were safe in a volatile situation.

But, as you said. It was an actual real gun, in the hand of a person you knew to be unstable, coming into YOUR home.

A very different matter than this man with a gun tattoo.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

beezzer

The cops should have come!

It's an "assault tattoo!"

LOL...so, I guess if one of the officers had jumped the gun, pun intended. The man would have ended up with tattoo bullet holes on him...

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

evc1shop
Good thing he didn't try to pull up his pants a bit or he would have been sprayed with bullets. That's definitely one of the poorer choices on tattoo type/placement, not sure how much thought went into it, really.

Well he probably got the tattoo before the police started shooting people for fun.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

snypwsd

So in Maine your Alowed to own a gun at any age without proper training and certification as long as it is a Rifle, Shotgun or handgun. Thats messed up. Do assult rifles count or is that just Hunting rifles? Those laws are so vague its no wonder there is such a huge gun problem in the states.

Where I come from you must go through gun safty and hunting courses inorder to get a gun licence, even then your restricted hardcore to what caliber/ kind of gun you can use.

"What!? You are free to do what!?" "We are not free to do that and we are better for it! Three cheers for freeing individuals from personal responsibility!".

You my friend are irrationally culturally insensitive. I understand being culturally insensitive when another way of life imposes injustice but when in regard to a freedom that in it self does not persecute or impose anything on anyone else's freedoms well... how culturally intolerant of you.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If that mans tattoo goes off unexpected, he may want to book a flight to Bangcock and get into one of those" used" to be a man clinic's.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Strayed

Im not being culturally intolerent, Im simply pointing out facts. As the facts about the Maine gun laws were posted earlier and I was merely making and observation based on the difference in laws.

You are the one that took offence to it. I never made any false claims, I didnt give any dissinformation. If I did PLEASE prove me wrong.

Your the one trying to descredit me for some reason. Like I said prove me wrong about Canadian gun laws and Canadian gun Murders per capita compared to the states.

Wikipedia says that the USA has and average of 10.3 gun related deaths per 100,000 people. Canada's average is about 2.3 per 100,000 people.

That is quite the difference dont you think?

Edit: I did some math for you to to show that I am not making anything up.

Lets calculate how gun releated deaths happen on average in the states with some simple math.

10.3 (deaths per 100000) x 10= 103 deaths per million people, now go 103 x 317 (317 mill population) = 32,615 average gun related deaths per year.

Now Canada using the same formula.

2.3 x 10 = 23 , 23 x 34.88 = 802.24 average gun related deaths in Canada per year.

Pointing out facts is not being intolerent of others cultures, its called being observent and paying attention. I hope that is enough info to prove that I am not making this up. I just want the numbers on the table for you and every one else reading our conversation.
edit on 23314p32319 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Yusomad

Amazing. So, you've already labeled him a Nazi. On his tattoos alone, you've discerned his political leanings. I can see you would be more than welcome on the tree trimming crew.

I'm speechless...

Des

Well... what do you think a winged Swastika means?

But that's beside the point. The point is that he's getting harassed for a tattoo. If a man is so poor-sighted to not distinguish a tattoo from a 3-dimensional object, I don't think we should let that guy be around sharp objects.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by Strayed

Im not being culturally intolerent, Im simply pointing out facts. As the facts about the Maine gun laws were posted earlier and I was merely making and observation based on the difference in laws.

You are the one that took offence to it. I never made any false claims, I didnt give any dissinformation. If I did PLEASE prove me wrong.

Your the one trying to descredit me for some reason. Like I said prove me wrong about Canadian gun laws and Canadian gun Murders per capita compared to the states.

Wikipedia says that the USA has and average of 10.3 gun related deaths per 100,000 people. Canada's average is about 2.3 per 100,000 people.

That is quite the difference dont you think?

Edit: I did some math for you to to show that I am not making anything up.

Lets calculate how gun releated deaths happen on average in the states with some simple math.

10.3 (deaths per 100000) x 10= 103 deaths per million people, now go 103 x 317 (317 mill population) = 32,615 average gun related deaths per year.

Now Canada using the same formula.

2.3 x 10 = 23 , 23 x 34.88 = 802.24 average gun related deaths in Canada per year.

Pointing out facts is not being intolerent of others cultures, its called being observent and paying attention. I hope that is enough info to prove that I am not making this up. I just want the numbers on the table for you and every one else reading our conversation.
edit on 23314p32319 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

Oh please spare me your statistics. I took no offense, I made an inference based off of your post that the root of it was you comparing your culture of accepted restrictions vs. our culture that does not share such a value. If my inference was incorrect and you are not ass-hurt over our cultural differences then just state it; what you did instead was pull out statistics poorly rooted in trying to appear objective and further justify your cultures way over that of our traditional culture in relation to this issue… you do know you made that comparison yourself right?

On statistics: Statistics exist as a weak crutch of debate. Statistics when used as anything but a tool to measure a direct correlation and causation (not through speculation to support your personal views like you apparently did) are used to impress and influence the simple who are impressed by numbers (easily manipulatable numbers) because numbers give the illusion of simplifying the truth of an issue.

"What do you mean Strayed!?! These are numbers saying you have freely available guns due to your lack of restrictions like ours and look at the GUN VIOLENCE!"

Well I mean this little buddy:

We have two different countries with many different factors further rooted in things like our populations other cultural differences, population density, how poverty is dispersed and dealt with, and even how the statistics are counted all of which may actually be the root of the difference in the root of our firearm deaths (which if you didn't have an axe to grind wouldn't be worth mentioning because firearm deaths do not necessarily equal a bad thing in instances such as lawful uses of force or even suicides depending on how you feel about each persons freedom to end their own life). Furthermore there exists statistical data that could infer restrictions on firearms do nothing to stop associated crime as crime… is an actual issue (take a look at the rate of violent crime (even with guns!) in areas of the US that do have laws that heavily restrict firearms). To strengthen the view that availability may not be the issue we can look at other countries who also have lax firearm laws like Switzerland and see that there appears to be more to it than simple availability (cultural differences!?!).

We have a problem here in the US and our laws address it. The problem is called violence, not stupid sub categories of the details of violence that do not address the real "actual issue" and instead play into the hands of people who 1) want to control others 2) people who live in fear of their own and others capability.

Truth be told I don't actually care given nothing is imposed on my freedoms from such a narrow perspective, it simply seemed like you did have an axe to grind and it was a culturally intolerant retarded "axe". I poke at such things out of impulse. If that wasn't the case … which has yet to be revealed then my inference was incorrect and that is all there is to it.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Forget the tattoo...

This brings up the question of whether openly
carrying a weapon on your own property has become illegal
in the eyes of law enforcement.

I'm not sure about the laws of the state he was in
but in Texas (and it should be anywhere in the US)
i can carry on my own property. And so should this man
be able to carry without police harassment.

The police should only be involved in the case of
a direct threat....of course we don't know what
the tree-trimmer's told the police....so there
is a he-said, she-said in play here.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I posted the gun laws in the State of Maine on the first page. Here they are again. You are correct, he had every right to carry a gun on his private property, but it was only a tattoo he had, that got a swat team called to his home.

From pg 1.

Good question. Here is your answer.

A synopsis of Maine state laws on purchase, possession and carrying of firearms.

PURCHASE

No state permit is required to purchase a rifle, shotgun, or handgun. Dealers must keep a record of all firearm sales, rentals or loans. This record shall consist of the make, caliber, and serial number of the firearm and the name and address of the purchaser or recipient. This record shall be open to the inspection of any sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, constable, game warden or prosecuting attorney. READ ALL

POSSESSION

No permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun, or handgun.

A juvenile convicted of selected non-violent offenses can not own a firearm for three years or until 18 years of age, whichever is longer.

It is unlawful for a person, other than a law enforcement officer or a private investigator, to possess a firearm in a posted liquor establishment. It is unlawful for any person to possess a firearm while under the influence in such an establishment.

CARRYING

It is unlawful to carry any firearm concealed about the person without having a concealed carrying permit. This includes carrying in an automobile glove compartment, or other area where the firearm is under the person's control. It is not unlawful to carry a firearm openly. State employees can lock firearms in their vehicle as long as the firearm is out of sight and the employee has a concealed carry permit.

www.nraila.org...

Des

edit on 19-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

snypwsd

First, why differentiate between the way a murder goes down? Isn't the end result still dead people? It seems the rest of the world likes to draw that imaginary line, as if it means something, and then take a position of self superiority because of it. It is a BS measurement. "Gun crime"....complete BS> Crime is crime, murder is murder, violence is violence. On the other hand, maybe being shot is far, far more agonizing than being murdered by a slasher.

Second, if you want to know where the disparity in murder rate comes from, look to the south. Southern states have a higher violent crime rate than northern states. Northern states have crime rates right in line with Canada. So i would suppose that if Canada shared a southern border with Mexico, you would have the same problem we have. But you don't. You have some semblance of sanity on your southern border. And instead of a smug northern neighbor, you have ice. Big differences there.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
@ snypwsd, if you feel that way about some of Americas cities, counties and states guns laws, then, stay in Canada, don't become a Snow Bird and make the annual trip to the lower Barbaric 48.

Now on topic, I agree with many of the other replies I've read, these city workers need to be Charged.
They had to of lied to have the Sheriffs Office respond in the way they did.

The property owner could have come out cussing, put if he's not waving a weapon or pointing a weapon, all's good.
Haven't people been arrested for making a false report?
Wilmington Business Owner
link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join