It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Tattoo Brings Armed State Troopers To Man’s Door

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is how I want my tax dollars spent...NOT.

I wonder what the cost to the taxpayers was for over reacting to this nonevent.

Over reaction at it's finest. I guess someone will submit legislatio0n to make gun tattoos illegal.

Gun Tattoo Brings Armed State Troopers To Man’s Door

Norridgewock, ME- A Maine man was met with the State Police armed with assault rifles Tuesday morning after tree workers mistook the man’s gun tattoo for an actual weapon. Michael Smith, the man who was confronted by the troopers, had been sleeping when he was awoken by sounds of workers trimming tree limbs around power lines on his property. Smith works at night and was aggravated by the noise, so he yelled at the crew to get off of his property. The workers, who admitted that they were in Smith’s driveway, said that he told them to stop cutting the trees and they obliged.

Read more: benswann.com...

Des

edit on 19-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Some people shouldnt be allowed out and about without an adult.

I'm speaking of the tree cutters.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

In the article a State Trooper clearly states, the home owner was in his rights to request the tree trimmers *on his property* to leave.

If a tree trimmer can't see that was a tattoo on the man, he shouldn't be handling gas powered saws. Just sayin'...

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Photos from the article for those who can't access link.

This is clearly a tattoo, in my opinion.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

But you see, he seems to be a white supremacist or somesuch, look at the arm's tatoos. Remember all that must be evil.

I dont condone nazism in any form, but I can see how they picked on him.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

Amazing. So, you've already labeled him a Nazi. On his tattoos alone, you've discerned his political leanings. I can see you would be more than welcome on the tree trimming crew.

I'm speechless...

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

“Obviously it was a misunderstanding and he didn’t have a weapon, but we had to respond to the initial report as if he did,” Maine State Police Trooper Scott Duff said.

From a distance it could look like a real gun. And chances are good the dude didn't politely ask them to stop either.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Since we weren't there to overhear the conversation, nor is there a yootoob vid for us to watch. I can only go by what I can read and see in the article.

He was within his rights to ask them to leave his private property, they instead chose to call the police and make a mountain out of a molehill.

The man was on his private property, no matter what he looked like.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is called NOSEY PARKER SYNDROME.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The tatoo guy should be arrested for just "bad taste". Who exactly is the gun tat for? I bet he's a man on fire when he's at the beach!!!!
I will never understand the draw and allure of putting tacky art all over ones body. Maybe he should have spent that cash on a membership in "Hair Club for Men". My own daughter has a full size tat of a 1911 on her right hip. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I'm not saying his tattoo is one I would have chosen. But, the fact that someone called the popo on a man on his own private property due to a tattoo, just shows me how out of the ballpark people have become to the mere thought of a person having a gun.

It's not like the man could grab his tattoo and point it at them, or wave it wildly in the air to frighten them.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Obviously yanks have bigger noses than Muslims.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good thing he didn't try to pull up his pants a bit or he would have been sprayed with bullets. That's definitely one of the poorer choices on tattoo type/placement, not sure how much thought went into it, really.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Yusomad

Amazing. So, you've already labeled him a Nazi. On his tattoos alone, you've discerned his political leanings. I can see you would be more than welcome on the tree trimming crew.

I'm speechless...

Des

Nice try but no cookie, what I said is "look at the tatoos in his arms and tell me you dont see the point". To me nazis are like gays, jehovas witnesses and door to door sellers, as long as they dont shove it in my face or come selling to my door Im fine, I cant blame them for the thing that happened 60+ years ago. Distateful and stupid yes, a lot.

You seem to have inferred that I agreed with the cops being called, nothing further from my stance.
edit on 2014u16201403pm19 by Yusomad because: add

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
my questions are, can you not own a handgun in maine?
if you can is it against the law to carry a gun in or on your own propriety? and does it matter if you tuck in your pants when your in your own yard?

did the tree limbs guys say he pointed it at them or he just had one?

busybody sob's, their everywhere.
edit on 19-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
my questions is are can you not own a handgun in maine?
if you can is it against the law to carry a gun in or on your own propriety? and does it matter if you tuck in your pants when your in your own yard?

did the tree limbs guys say he pointed it at them or he just had one?

busybody sob's, their everywhere.

Good question. Here is your answer.

A synopsis of Maine state laws on purchase, possession and carrying of firearms.

PURCHASE

No state permit is required to purchase a rifle, shotgun, or handgun. Dealers must keep a record of all firearm sales, rentals or loans. This record shall consist of the make, caliber, and serial number of the firearm and the name and address of the purchaser or recipient. This record shall be open to the inspection of any sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, constable, game warden or prosecuting attorney. READ ALL
POSSESSION

No permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun, or handgun.

A juvenile convicted of selected non-violent offenses can not own a firearm for three years or until 18 years of age, whichever is longer.

It is unlawful for a person, other than a law enforcement officer or a private investigator, to possess a firearm in a posted liquor establishment. It is unlawful for any person to possess a firearm while under the influence in such an establishment.
CARRYING

It is unlawful to carry any firearm concealed about the person without having a concealed carrying permit. This includes carrying in an automobile glove compartment, or other area where the firearm is under the person's control. It is not unlawful to carry a firearm openly. State employees can lock firearms in their vehicle as long as the firearm is out of sight and the employee has a concealed carry permit.

www.nraila.org...

He was withing the State laws of Maine to wear his gun tattoo...

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

then someone screwed the pouch on that call, unless the tree trimmers said he pointed or threatened them.
cause his tat was in plain sight.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Ahhhh I better not go to the states, my demon tattoos my get me exercised lol

People honestly cant tell the difference between a 3d object and a 2d image? Some people worry way to frakken much.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

then someone screwed the pouch on that call, unless the tree trimmers said he pointed or threatened them.
cause his tat was in plain sight.

Then there should be a follow up investigation. If the investigation reveals that the tree trimmers gave false information to the authorities they should be charged as such. If it is revealed that no mention was made of direct threats with the weapon, then the focus should be on who it was that issued the dispatch to the man's house. When incidents like these are glossed over as a simple misunderstanding then we all lose.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Yusomad

But you see, he seems to be a white supremacist or somesuch, look at the arm's tatoos. Remember all that must be evil.

I dont condone nazism in any form, but I can see how they picked on him.

He looks lke a bad impression of Edward Norton from American History X

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join