It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck was in my closet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So I've been used to strange happenings and usually write them off.

One night a couple of months ago I was sleeping. I sleep facing my walk in closet with the door open. Suddenly, for no reason I wake up and my eyes snap open to see something in my closet staring at me, it was dark I couldn't make out any distinct features I just could feel it staring at me. I close my eyes and open them again and it was gone. So I turn on my light and inspect my closet, obviously nothing is there. I turn off the light and look at my closet to make sure it wasn't clothes that I was seeing. Nope whatever I saw definitely wasn't clothes.

Now, sometimes when I have an intense dream I'll wake up thinking I'm still in the dream and it will take a minute or two for me to realize I'm awake. So I chalked it up to that and thought nothing more.

Two nights later I woke up to seeing the same thing, this time I tried to scream but I got that gasping feeling you get when you try to scream in a dream and can't. I wasn't screaming but I heard another scream from someone else. Then I don't remember what happened but I woke up in the morning. It sounds silly but I'm 24 and I still have phases where I have bad vivid dreams, or dreams that just have funky vibes. So I was thinking "great I'm going into another one of those phases"

So the strange thing is later that morning, my sister (who I live with) asked me if I heard her scream the night before. This definitely startled me I said yeah I did but I thought it was part of a funky dream I was having I asked her why. She said she was having a strange dream she woke up and saw two "things" standing in her door way. Again it was dark she couldn't see distinct features. She described one of the features as very tall and one about four feet tall. She said she did a double take and they were gone. This was just too bizarre! My sister isn't into the paranormal unlike me her last nightmare was when she was really little, at first she thought they were burglars until they suddenly disappeared I told her what my experience was the night before and a couple of nights previous. She was very freaked out.

The next week I remember feeling odd vibes and kept my closet light on. I distinctly remember waking up in the middle of the night saying "go away" over and over. Lol I've been known to talk in my sleep.

Is it just a strange coincidence that I saw something in the middle of the night and two nights later, my sister, has the same experience? Has anyone else experienced strange things creeping in their doorways at night? Lol

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Darn, I'm sorry I scared you. I'm thinking that I may have been the big mouse you saw.

I'm just a peeping rick....Just call me p-rick for short.

edit on 19-3-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That's really terrifying!

Do you have a camera you can set up?

Not to add to the fear, but it sounds like many of the reports from abductees. Not sure what your beliefs are on that, but it may be worth looking in to.

Dr. Karla Turner did some great work on this.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherz189

Honestly, it sounds like Sleep Paralysis to me. Has your family had a history of vivid dreaming?

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There are many things in this world that modern academia, and humanity in general, dismiss, simply because so many times it is proven to be false. Such as: little kids, seeing monsters in the dark. While most are just imagination, I recall a few that were extremely vivid, and I know of other cases as well. But whether monsters, aliens, or pricks, they are there.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Do you live near a power station or high-voltage electric lines? I ask because I've heard of, and experienced myself, high electromagnetic fields causing such phenomena.

When I was in college my apartment was near a local power plant, and a few times I had experiences similar to yours. On one occasion I came home around mid-day and took a nap. I "woke up," hearing voices and saw small shadowy figures, about 3.5-4 feet tall, moving around and they one by one walked up to me and pressed on my stomach (which I could feel the pressure from their fingers) then vanished. Totally, bizarre. Never happened before I lived near the plant, and hasn't happened since I moved away from it.
edit on 19-3-2014 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well I'm willing to spend some nights with if you promise not to bite.

Seriously though this does sound like those abduction stories not that I believe in that particularly. Cameras do sound like a good idea. A webcam and some software to enable motion detection might ease your fears.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

TheBorg

Honestly, it sounds like Sleep Paralysis to me. Has your family had a history of vivid dreaming?

TheBorg

Actually, I'd go a little further and suggest either false awakening where you wake in a dream but are still actually dreaming or hypnagogia.

Hypnagogic (or hypnopompic) states can be really whacked and oftentimes what is seen is kind of amorphous and loose--like a dark scary blob. I had a couple of these kind of dreams years ago and they were really pretty scary and felt extremely real at the time. It's like being awake and having your eyes wide open but you're having a nightmare that's overlapping on your immediate surrounding. Scary business.

Waking to find someone in one's room while sleeping is not an uncommon nightmare. If it continues, setting up a night vision cam to try to capture it could settle the question of whether it is an impaired dream state or something really scary. Sure hope it's the impaired dream state, lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Yeah I can set up a webcam, I posted another thread in December asking if I was being visited because I've had a number of strange things happen to me. When I was little I had a dream a UFO landed in our backyard, my brothers weren't home and grey aliens entered our house. I didn't even know what a grey alien was let alone looked like! But yep they were def Greys in my dream. After that I only felt safe if my brothers were home.

Last summer I had a recurring dream I was in my moms backyard (the house I grew up in) and a UFO would fly over then stop over me and hover and the dream would end. I was happy when those dreams stopped occurring.

I've always been big into Ets and the unknown. We have a running joke in my family that my mom was zapped by an alien. I'm the baby of the family, my mom had me at 42 lol I was a huge surprise. I look different from my siblings I have a diff nose, I'm taller than both my big bros and I have long fingers. Lol no I'm not saying I'm an alien but this is prob where my fascination came from.

Anyways my sister was freaked out by her experience. She thought they were ghosts and said when shes in the living room she sometimes feels like there's someone on the landing watching her. But when she bought the house it was a new construction. My thought of "ALLLIIIEEENNNS" crossed my mind when my sister described what she saw that night. But that's just how I am. I just hope I never have that experience again

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I'm the only one who has the vivid dreams in my family, Ive only had one episode of sleep paralysis that I know of. I'm just a strange sleeper some times I have phases of insomnia and sometimes I have phases where I can sleep and have scary vivid dreams

Wait I take that back my brother had night terrors. He spoke and yelled and swore clear as a bell when he was asleep. The first time I heard it I thought he was playing video games, I opened his door and he was sound asleep. He slept in the basemet.One night we heard him screaming and swearing over and over we heard a loud crash, he threw a chair against the wall. He crawled out his window (still asleep) and woke up the next morning on the back lawn in his boxers. He's lucky it was summer. He said he had a dream he was at a work site (he worked construction) and was getting buried alive. He was on meth at the time, pretty sure it played a factor. But now that he's getting routinely drug tested ill ask him if he has vivid dreams
edit on 19-3-2014 by Asherz189 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Nope no high voltage power lines, not near any power plants.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I sincerely hope it's that lolz. Ill start sleeping near a baseball bat for good measure.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well, they do come at night sometimes.

I don't mean to frighten you, but I will give you a small task that could prove interesting to you if you take it seriously. We don't know what you saw or if you saw anything that wasn't really in a dream. --That is our starting position.

Some of us appreciate the work of John Mack and others that ET visits not only happen as typical UFO abductions but also happen in houses. A common feature of the either type of visit is that the visited person--we shall assume the visit went as they planned--will later start to re-evaluate their lives and find themselves shifting in various viewpoints on earlier views taken for granted from their society and culture.

I'm suggesting that if you had a genuine visitation of beings, possibly ETs, then you may find yourself undergoing some profound changes of your personal philosophy. If not, perhaps the conversion was interrupted or unsuccessful. What might that conversion might have been? Nothing bad, merely a more holistic, humanistic look at yourself and your world.

I just deleted a furthering of that point that went beyond that last sentence. I'll get heavily slammed as it is with those few, indicative words. More than anything you need not necessarily view the alleged experience as a negative one, if frightening.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Asherz189

I sincerely hope it's that lolz. Ill start sleeping near a baseball bat for good measure.

Only if you live alone. Here's a creepy story for you from when I was having these kind of dreams just to indicate how scary dangerous they can be. I used to keep a handgun by my bedside but had gotten rid of it years prior. One morning, I had one of these dreams and my boyfriend, who was sleeping next to me, was no longer my boyfriend but a huge fetus like monster instead. In my dream, I scrambled for the handgun, which was thankfully not there, and he awoke to me standing above him, unloading a dream gun into him. We didn't stay together for long after that, lol, but it scared the crap out of me. Why I was having those kind of dreams at that point in time, I do not know. I was on medication for severe PTSD so that might've been part of it. Haven't had one since then and it's been 20 years of normal sleeping. THANK GOD. That said, to this day, I do not sleep with anything that could be used as a weapon near my bed. Even my lighting is bolted to the wall, lol...

Sometimes the normal paralytic state of sleep breaks down. Sleepwalking is the most common but usually there is no recollection of the walk. The hypnagogic dream state can have the mobility of sleepwalking plus memory and the mind is basically matrixing everything the eyes' see. That can literally turn a loved one into a monster. Take it from me. I'm so glad that I'm not in jail, lol.

There's been cases of homicidal sleepwalking for a long time--some of them are kind of b.s. but others, like the Kiger case, closely match hypnagogic/hypnapompic dream experiences:

en.wikipedia.org...

Until you figure out for sure what's going on, I'd advise not having the baseball bat nearby, lol...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Oh now that is frightening!! I used to have dreams about a boyfriend of mine. In the dreams he would turn into someone else who was trying to kill me. I was crying in my sleep one night so he was trying to wake me up, I almost punched him thinking I was still in the dream

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Well I've been thinking more of my path in my life sometimes the meaning of life and if there's something more to our existence or if we're just here, die and cease, nothing more. But I figured everyone goes through that

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

lol definitely proceed with caution then. I mess with my fiance when I have a bad dream about it by waking up, looking at him straight in the eye and saying "how could you?", just oozing with outraged rejection, lol. No punches though, just good fun acting as if he's busted because of my subconscious, lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What's in your closet? Maybe its Barry?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The funny thing is my ex did end up changing, obviously not Into someone else, but for all intensive purposes he might as well because he became someone very different then who he used to be. And he did end up hurting me. Haha never had dreams like that with anyone one I dated before him or after.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Woah!

Sounds a lot like this short film whats trending on the web at the mo,

Spooky!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join