It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about real life events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hello,
Anyone with knowledge in the subject of dreams- , why I do keep having dreams that are about daily life things.
It's not premoniton dreams, I've had those. This is different. And no, its not lucid dreaming. I have had that too.
It is pretty annoying, it's been going for a long while already.
When I wake up, I have to take a few seconds to think what things happened and what did not happened.
It is like a parallel life, everything is mainly the same, and no Im not conscious while im dreaming it. I only realize what i dreamt after I wake up, and think, wait did this argument actually happened with X or no. etc. Of course then i quickly realize it was just a dream. Still annoying.
Any clue?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This happens to me on a nightly basis, I will dream that I got fired or that I got caught doing something I shouldn't be doing. I will almost half wake up and think to myself "was that a dream or did this actually happen?" now that I'm actually trying to explain this I find it difficult. When I fully wake up I am extremely relieved that it was a dream and I laugh about it because some of the dreams are funny and quite unrealistic but I will still think they were real. I Can't really give you an answer but wanted to share my experience.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have dreams like that all the time as well.
Simple things like hanging out with friends, or going to the grocery store, or whatever... There's been numerous times I'm talking to a buddy telling a story that I thought happened, but they look at me like WTF? and I say "oh... that didn't happen? huh... must have been a dream." Then left feeling crazy.
I know what you mean by they're really annoying.
edit on 19-3-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hey guys that's exactly it!
so glad to hear im not alone. haha
I find it pretty annoying. I want it to stop! I never used to dream about real life things everyday, i had weird dreams or other type of awesome dreams. but seems that the moment i go to sleep nowadays my brain switches to create/duplicate real life situations.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
To me it sounds like you are having ordinary dreams, or dreams that everyone has, for the most part. Regarding dreams that seem to be premonitions, I believe that it is possible for such things to occur without any paranormal factor being present. Your subconscious mind plays the largest role in one's dreams, and even though sometimes dreams seem to be random jumblings of unrelated things, there is probably always something behind that symbology that makes perfect sense. Those are just the tools the subconscious uses, and thus why dream interpretation, when done accurately, can be immensely helpful to one's life.

Anyway, because the subconscious mind is also analyzing everyday events, even though you don''t consciously realize it, somewhere deep down you already know what things could possibly happen, and these things could easily turn up in a dream, especially if one has been preoccupied with a certain thing. Thus what could seem like a premonition may not be anything out of the ordinary. I think this would happen for more mundane, everday types of things, and not world changing events that come out of the blue, dealing with some subject matter that the person has not been entertaining.

But as far as what you describe, I see nothing out of the ordinary about such dreams. Are they any different from the dreams you've had your entire life? I have found that analyzing the goings on in your life, as well as noting anything that could be relevant, one can often interpret what their dreams could mean. It is my belief that the subconscious mind is in sort of a struggle with the conscious mind, in that the subconscious mind seeks some kind of betterment for the person, while the conscious mind seeks the easy way out. That is a very basic explanation, as it is much more involved than that.

So often a person's dreams, created by the subconscious in which it uses sometimes amazingly beautiful and relevent imagery, when understood, will help that person better themselves, or grow spiritually and/or emotionally. I think it is something that most people don't pay attention to, although they definitely should.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Are they just dreams though? Or are they like, you go to work, or grocery shopping, etc, and you do or pick up something and you think," Wait a minute, didn't I just do this or buy this?" Then you realize it had been a dream but throughout the day it keeps happening? Like Deja vu? Only it isn't, it's more like you already lived most of that day in a dream the night before, not exactly preminitionary or real Deja Vu, you can only sort of know what is coming next because you dreamt it? Just trying to clarify.......understand exactly what you are asking.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

StormyStars

Are they just dreams though? Or are they like, you go to work, or grocery shopping, etc, and you do or pick up something and you think," Wait a minute, didn't I just do this or buy this?" Then you realize it had been a dream but throughout the day it keeps happening? Like Deja vu? Only it isn't, it's more like you already lived most of that day in a dream the night before, not exactly preminitionary or real Deja Vu, you can only sort of know what is coming next because you dreamt it? Just trying to clarify.......understand exactly what you are asking.

It's Not Deja vu
not premonition either.

Yes, I dream I live everyday life- but conversations, meetings, or other stuf happens which are different. But not out of the ordinary, things which can totally happen and with people that are present in my daily life. So it doesnt look like a dream because everything is plausible to happen which is WHY It can be confusing sometimes. Wondering if i had that specific conversation with X person or if it was part of my dream the night before.

I'm a spiritual person, into different esoteric subjects, etc. I can say, i've had a lot of "spiritual" experiences both awake and in dreams. But this is new. Mainly because of the consistency and routine.

Just wondering what it could mean, mainly, from a spiritual point of view.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Ah.......

Yes, I dream I live everyday life- but conversations, meetings, or other stuff happens which are different. But not out of the ordinary, things which can totally happen and with people that are present in my daily life. So it doesn't look like a dream because everything is plausible to happen which is WHY It can be confusing sometimes. Wondering if i had that specific conversation with X person or if it was part of my dream the night before.

I'm a spiritual person, into different esoteric subjects, etc. I can say, i've had a lot of "spiritual" experiences both awake and in dreams. But this is new. Mainly because of the consistency and routine.

Just wondering what it could mean, mainly, from a spiritual point of view.

I DO know what you mean then. For me, I had issues I wasn't seeing, blind consciously to what I thought were tini problems I'd dismissed. Until a wise woman told me this and that these tini issues & problems grow till I experience them in dreams, even though I had difficulty seeing that as well. So she told me to be alone for 1 to 3 days, no Tv, radio or books. To draw, paint and write. I followed her advice. It took me almost 4 days to realize what she meant. Faced thee tini issues & problems I hadn't realized kept growing as I'd dismissed them. Then dream time went back to as normal as normal had ever been for me.

Whatever you decide to do about them, I'd say do it fast or reality and dreams will bleed together till you don't know one from the other as I hear it's much more difficult to face by then.

I wish you blessings, wisness, and good luck on your endeavors. Some times, the 1st step is sharing, which you done....

new topics

top topics

join