It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunner: ObamaCare Premiums to Skyrocket, Some to Triple in Cost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
More "Stunning" reports about the costs of health insurance.

Some sources are claiming 3x higher rates soon.

Just in time for the November elections.

Lots of past claims by high ranking politicians promising big savings.

Hmmm.

This means taxpayers get a double-whammy.

Taxpayer funded subsidies and tax credits and less return for middle income wage earners.

Watch for more medical expense related bankruptcies in coming years.

Even HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says rates will go up -- but not as bad (as in "slower" increases).

For those few who are privileged to enjoy the wonders of ObamaCare, get ready to go bankrupt before you even get to start paying your massive deductible.

Health industry officials say ObamaCare-related premiums will double in some parts of the country, countering claims recently made by the administration.

The expected rate hikes will be announced in the coming months amid an intense election year, when control of the Senate is up for grabs. The sticker shock would likely bolster the GOP’s prospects in November and hamper ObamaCare insurance enrollment efforts in 2015.

Quotes & info in the article;
Stunner: ObamaCare Premiums to Skyrocket, Some to Triple in Cost

"Words" from our "Leadership"........

Obama Promises To Lower Health Insurance Premiums by $2,500 Per Year

Nancy Pelosi Backpedals on Promising Obamacare Would Lower Rates

obama.care.2500.guv/bustedout/bigtime

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well of course they are going to.
How else is this train wreck going to be funded, when they can't even reach the number of people signing up needed to fund it?

What did people think was going to happen?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, you don't say.

Whodathunkit?

They got far less than their projected numbers that they needed to sign up.... especially young people that were needed more than any other group, they created a larger group of uninsured than existed before the plan took effect... even though it hasn't taken effect for so many (so get ready for more uninsured when they fall into the plan) due to Obama delaying implementation of the law.

Seems like they have a plan, but it isn't what they were trying to sell us originally.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Can we start with your source? I am afraid to click through to Jamiewf.com... Can you tell me what it is?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Indigo5

Can we start with your source? I am afraid to click through to Jamiewf.com... Can you tell me what it is?

The Hill is what it goes to.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

...in some parts of the country...

First please tell me this isn't because more GOP states are opting out of the expanded Medicaid thing.

If not, then we can talk.

If so, please tell people that.
edit on 3/19/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This isn't really surprising considering that we expect young people to pay the health care costs for the aging population. I remember when I was just starting out in life and the last thing I wanted was an expensive health care policy. I was much more interested in paying for my car and apartment.

Young people today have a nearly 18% unemployment rate yet they are expected to shoulder the burden of paying for this healthcare disaster. Is it any wonder that they are saying NO.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

~Lucidity

in some parts of the country

First please tell me this isn't because more GOP states are opting out of the expanded Medicaid thing.

If not, then we can talk.

If so, please tell people that.

So the ACA was a failure of a law, doomed at the start, is that the answer? Poorly conceived and executed?

Who passed such a poorly conceived and written bill? Who was in charge of so skillfully executing it?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Healthcare costs and the price of insurance go up every year. What's the news here exactly?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

We were told that costs would go down... for everyone.

But then again, Obama told us "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period."

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The news here is, we were told the cost of healthcare would in fact go down with Obamacare. It is not going in that direction, is it.

Add to the above, the cost of our Dictator's new healthcare pyramid scheme, is far exceeding the the incomes of those expected to pay for it.

Hence his new proposal we give up our cable TV and cellphones, so we can meet HIS expectations.

Understand now?

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hence his new proposal we give up our cable TV and cellphones, so we can meet HIS expectations.

Which cracks me up.
Your talking what? 100.00 -120.00 a month?
Has ANYONE gotten that rate from the healthcare quote?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The "Affordable" Care Act......... if you can afford $10k/yr. for minimal coverage.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

chiefsmom

Which cracks me up.
Your talking what? 100.00 -120.00 a month?
Has ANYONE gotten that rate from the healthcare quote?

No. Even looking at pooling our resources as a separated, as in not legally divorced couple, to get the best quote we could and split the cost. Was still over $600 a month with the only ONE provider option in our area.

And we are both in good health, with no medical history of ailments, nor children.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ahhh, simple solution.
They need to pass a law that everyone has to own 10 cell phones, each with a separate plan. If you don't, you would incur a penalty... er, tax.
Then they could tell us to give up our cell phones to afford health care and still be accurate.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

butcherguy

Ahhh, simple solution.
They need to pass a law that everyone has to own 10 cell phones, each with a separate plan. If you don't, you would incur a penalty... er, tax.
Then they could tell us to give up our cell phones to afford health care and still be accurate.

sssshhhhhhhh....don't give these desperate ingrates any ideas...

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Oh, I forgot... anyone that doesn't support ACA is a racist!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
you know you people are going about this all wrong..
don't pay premiums buy shares

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You cant be serious, the price of healthcare as been going up since forever, damn that obama its all is fault lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

butcherguy

Indigo5

The Hill is what it goes to.

Thanks...went to the hill...which has a much more objective take. Why was "Jamie" whatever listed as the source?

The actual text of the "Blog" post (Which it is filed under) actually has much more balanced content, which makes me think a Hill editor took a swing at the post before putting it up on the site.

Rates were increasing annually between 7-10% pre ACA...we will see..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join