It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Relief Depicting A DC Generator?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

jeep3r

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by jeep3r

Just wondering what they used to excite the generator, in other word where did the induced voltage come from.
that diagram you showed calls for voltage/ current applied across the commutator.

Thanks for your comment, please also see my previous reply to butcherguy. If 'they' were not the creators of the technology they are depicting, they wouldn't need electricity and current to run those devices.

Within their culture, they may have preserved the fundamental designs of devices witnessed through an early experience with a highly advanced civilization ... after they've been shown how some of the machines worked (eg. by using diagrams), they tried to interpret the basic layouts using symbols from their daily lives to reproduce the details (which, of course, were unknown to them. So they could have used the next best metaphors to describe them).
edit on 19-3-2014 by jeep3r because: text

Interesting topic, and well presented.

However, if they had enough knowledge to present a DC motor as viewed in a cross section, it would mean that they would have had intimate knowledge of what a DC motor looks like inside.

Metal. Copper windings.

Neither of which would have been hard to express. They knew about soft metals such as copper. The harder metals would have been unknown to them, but only in "where did you get this metal from?". They still would have known that it was metal.

The only thing that would have been hard for them to understand is the HOW it worked using electromagnetic force and current flow.

So why would they need to express a schematic with such symbolism? A DC motor is a very simply looking object which does mechanical work (something they could have related to) using electricity (something that would have been strange).
edit on 19-3-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

kushness

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by jeep3r

just wondering what they used to excite the generator, in other word where did the induced voltage come from.
that diagram you showed calls for voltage/ current applied across the commutator.

as far as i know they didn't have magnets back then and don't say baghdad batteries, they only produced small amount of voltage and current, and i don't ever recall any being found in egypt.
edit on 19-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

From the earth. The pyramids in Egypt are built over a certain rock formation (forgot the name) where water could flow through and create in a sense, a form of energy. Tesla built his unique Wardenclyffe tower over one of these said rock formations in order to harness energy from the earth and to transmit it wirelessly.

Very interesting stuff that is little known by most.

if they could harness electricity from the earth, why would the so called visitors need to bring generators, ac or dc. all they would need is the motors.
edit on 19-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure it was the first reasonable explanation that came to mind. From what I remember however the Nile has seasonal floods so there were times during the year when energy was not able to be produced. So maybe the induced voltage during the off-season times had to be stored elsewhere.

What I'm still confused by is what this energy was being used for

edit on 19-3-2014 by kushness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Looks more like a ritual sacrifice ground.

The electricity can be generated in many ways. Egyptians likely used a battery to obtain electric power.

This is certain that ancient Egyptians knew about electricity and its use in lighting.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Certainly gets my gears turning. I bet they developed the whole pyramid scheme as well. Hey everybody, just stack some rocks over here and we will GARENTEE your remaining days on earth will be filled with riches and your afterlife be merry!

Obviously, PUN INTENDED!

About the whole DC motor thing, there must be other references to it as most large civilizations get off writing themselves to the top of history.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Electrical generation may be an unnecessary thing in terms of excitation of a DC generator. One of the oddball Zero Point Energy subjects that has always intrigued me is T. H. Moray's energy machine. Apparently he developed a semi-conductor device made out of raw minerals that he located himself that managed to tap into electrical fields that naturally exist and harness it to run light bulbs and such. A DC current in fact. An exciter, as I understand it, needs a steady and reliable frequency, however, which wasn't present in the electrical flow his devices produced or at least any frequency that existed was so high it was virtually DC anyway. Electricity could be stored in some kind of battery and then given an AC frequency from a frequency generator which could then, in turn be used for excitation.

All this being said, though, I'm in agreement with the OP and others who've posted the question as to where all the remains of this type of equipment would be located, not to mention the infrastructure that would support even a small industry like this. If it's ever been uncovered by archaeologists it certainly hasn't been written up or, wonder of wonders, it's been suppressed which is pretty much common knowledge now that they do, indeed, suppress things when it doesn't suit their paradigm.

I'm definitely in the camp that says the pyramids were built by a long dead higher technology culture that failed to pass their knowledge on to the people that succeeded them. Could have been the earliest results of employing No Child Left Behind and other such idiotic government interferences in education!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

jeep3r

Reminds me of Stonehenge - wonder it that's a generator too?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What about the windings? I don't see the ancients having the tech/resources to manufacture the windings. A dc motor is useless without them?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

butcherguy They built the pyramids

maybe.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
DP sorry..
edit on AM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have a question...

If the visitors that brought the eygptians this technical advancment where from

1 - another planet

2 - from the future

then that means they were / are technologically advanced...so why use a 'crookes tune' light bulb invented invented in 1870 ??

It doesn't add..
edit on AM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just to lay it on , just like Pre Columbia Mayans Aztec and INCAS! art Work from stone carving to Paintings to even their scrolls looks like to me some kind of Circuitry not saying it is .

Here is a Few

meanwhile in Egypt I find this interesting

some kind of mouth piece that looks like electronic like some kind device more like a microphone

If you look The Speaking device the Egyptian that speaking in it ? IS NOT holding it it the Other Egyptian that is
So what could it be ? Though there is No Wires Attached Wireless Maybe like Tesla AC Wireless Experiments

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Now... where was it that i heard that "bulb" was an egg plant? Hahaha.

Very interesting theory. I truly believe there's so much more than meets the eye. And as it stands, a LOT meets the eye. We're just told it's nothing..... and so many accept it.

I'll keep watching here. Ancient technology always gets my attention!

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

kushness

From the earth. The pyramids in Egypt are built over a certain rock formation (forgot the name) where water could flow through and create in a sense, a form of energy. Tesla built his unique Wardenclyffe tower over one of these said rock formations in order to harness energy from the earth and to transmit it wirelessly.

They are built over dolomite limestone aquifers, I believe.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Wolfenz

I made my pilgrimage to Palenque to see this over a decade ago, after reading about it in Von Daniken and it's very impressive. I haven't seen the mock-up of it (on the right) before, but it makes the case well for this being a carving of an actual object/apparatus of some kind.

Until now the carving screamed space craft to me - considering the flames at the bottom of the 'craft'. But looking at the mock-up it could well be something they used for star gazing - a primitive telescope. They were after all accomplished astronomers, so it's a pretty neat fit.

edit on 20-3-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Why is it that we cannot believe that the ancients were more intelligent than what we have become ?
We think we know so much and all that ancient wisdom has been lost to us, lost in pride of our hollow institutions of "education" and our mega corporations (of which most of the universities serve). We are mistaking the insane high tech inventions of spying, profiting and killing for" advancement".

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Very interesting .. it instantly reminded me of Eds weird device

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It also looks like the Large Hadron Collider.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Great observations - S&F. As a new-ish ATSer I'm kind of confused as to why this is in Skunk Works... your claims in the OP are as reasonable, IMO, as the traditional opinions of the Dendera Zodiac and Lights. To me there are many more topics outside of Skunk Works that present theories that are more speculative than this.
edit on 2014-03-20T16:18:41-05:002014410318kThuAmerica/ChicagobThu, 20 Mar 2014 16:18:41 -0500 by cosmikDebris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would like to toss a pig on the table here. Within this thread there are several bright points both on the Ancients and on Electricity, that being stated. The Ancients "did" mine, they "did" posses Gold and Silver, no? Regarding electricity and conducting electricity, both are very good, actually silver itself is up there on the best of the best for wiring... (Side note: could you imagine if all copper wiring was actually silver? Yeowzers! Talk about expensive! Anywho~)

I'm not going to discredit or even state this is and improbable for the Ancients to have achieved. Think back (well, imagine for a brief minute)

Weren't most of these structures covered in gold? At least in Egypt weren't the Pyramid caps gold? How many treasure hunters and looters of old already broke in and took whatever they wanted w/o being caught/apprehended? How much of the Ancient past was stolen w/o ever seeing the light of us "commoners" how far into the future? We are the youngest generations of civilizations considering how long our Ancient ancestors lived and thrived for.

Keep the image going~ Technology as we know and understand does not mean there aren't other means of conducting electricity, producing energy. Depending on what was inside these pyramids (Now I know most state they are just burial chambers and there's science fact and documentation, this is just theory/postulation) Were they the first to utilize the pyramids?

If the right "everything was in place" the pyramids could be a conductor that is inactive and utilized "lightning" as it's source and stored in capacitors of "some" type. It's a big "If" and maybe i'm just having a fun time day dreaming this. So I digress.

I have saved the diagram to my work comp wallpaper and ponder the "How's" when work gets slow.

In ending, nothing is as it seems and nothing is always as cut and dry as "we" in the current dictate and prove it to be.

Keep an open mind.

Best regards,

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to make a few sparks. It's not like they had anything around they could usefully run with it. They could have just brushed a cat to get the electricity. They were sacred, right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join