It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant UFO approaches ISS (captured off Ustream live feed)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657Not even going to comment on the supposed UFO.

how strange, given that the 'supposed ufo' is what the thread is about.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
For in depth research on the matter: (explore the whole URL)
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Mianeye
That looks really really real

It's not -- at least insofar as being a large object approaching the ISS.

If it were such an object, the light highlights would be bright on the right-side of the object (relative to the video angle), just like the sun highlights on the ISS.

Why has no one noticed this yet?

It looks like a turd in orbit to me...those things are not very reflective you know.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Mianeye
That looks really really real

It's not -- at least insofar as being a large object approaching the ISS.

If it were such an object, the light highlights would be bright on the right-side of the object (relative to the video angle), just like the sun highlights on the ISS.

Why has no one noticed this yet?

Nobody perhaps mentioned it so as to allow sharing of scoring.

And you scored. It's one of the key questions in assessing ALL 'space videos'. Well done.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by conundrummer

If NASA has a military craft close to the station and it is in their video, they may edit it or they may just ignore it. If there is a top secret satellite that they pass or a government mission up there, they are going to cover it up. That is part of their job. I don't see a problem with this myself, I would expect this to be the case. There are a lot of things going on that we are not supposed to know about. What part of Top secret is so hard to understand?

So is this bad? No, NASA can't be telling us everything that the worlds militaries are doing in space.

This is what we used to call, in Mission Control, a "self-eating watermelon. That means an isolated logical construct self-validating and immune to outside reality.

To deal with DoD payloads up to only the SECRET level NASA installed extensive/expensive modifications to one control room and laborous physical controls over some work areas and storage areas. To our relief the stuff was all torn out about 1993.

It's now pure WYSIWYG on the TV feed.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As someone relatively familiar with the IIS stream, I'm going to guess hoax on this one.

I looked through every necessary segment of video on the 17th and didn't even see this angle once. Incidentally, I've never actually seen that particular angle. In fact, I'm pretty sure the footage is flipped to prevent people from finding it.

Here is a cap from the posted video:

I went looking for a relative angle and voila!

(op cap inverted)

I'm not saying I found the exact video from which this was edited (this image could potentially happen 15 times a day), but the fact that the video was inverted is enough to raise a flag.
edit on 19-3-2014 by lemmin because: Pressed reply instead of preview. I wasn't done!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What's weird is how it disappears and reappears.

I agree. Strange that the artist decided to do that.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

lemmin
As someone relatively familiar with the IIS stream, I'm going to guess hoax on this one.

I looked through every necessary segment of video on the 17th and didn't even see this angle once. Incidentally, I've never actually seen that particular angle. In fact, I'm pretty sure the footage is flipped to prevent people from finding it.

Here is a cap from the posted video:

I went looking for a relative angle and voila!

(op cap inverted)

I'm not saying I found the exact video from which this was edited (this image could potentially happen 15 times a day), but the fact that the video was inverted is enough to raise a flag.
edit on 19-3-2014 by lemmin because: Pressed reply instead of preview. I wasn't done!

Agreed.
I was thinking the same thing after watching a couple tmes.
Seems like you nailed it (to me). Well done.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Looks terribly fake to me....sorry.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The movements remind of a squid moving under water. The way it Jetties away in similar fashion.
Fish breath underwater, and Rule from the Sea Floor to the Waters Surface.
We breath oxygen and Rule everything from the Earths dry surface to the edge of the atmosphere.
Those round, colorful things we see out there breath the in a vacuum. They Rule from one edge of space to whatever the hell space ends and another circle begins.

We all live in 360% bowls. We all have a start and end point.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lemmin

It's inverted but the spherish thing is on the inverted original frame you posted too.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Doesn't look fake to me but does look exactly like a lens flare/internal reflection. Notice how it only appears when there is a very bright glare shining off the structure of the station in the lower right-hand corner? You can see from the vertical line of glare that the camera is getting a lot of stray light shining into it and is horribly overexposed down there.

And it moves as the relative angle of the sun shifts slightly with the movement of the ISS. When it disappears momentarily, either the sun angle is slightly wrong or (more likely IMHO) a thin part of the ISS structure off camera is blocking the relevant angle.

Certainly doesn't look like a solid craft - it's got the translucent concentric "halo" effect you see in so many of these camera artefacts.

Anyone who plays with cameras a lot and points them towards bright light sources will know these effects are a dime a dozen.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

ObservingYou
For in depth research on the matter: (explore the whole URL)
www.thelivingmoon.com...

These images have been explained on here link below and if those idiots at livingmoon actually knew anything about cameras, optics and photography they would realise who stupid they look to others that do!

Tether Incident

edit on 20-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

How did you determine it to be hoax what metric are you applying?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The video is uploaded and as far as I can tell owned by a channel with a history of producing hoaxes.
The "object" shows no reflection unlike the real object in the video "ISS".
The part where it disappears and reappears is just silly.
It's obvious (to my eyes) CGI.

There are many things against this video and none that I can see in support of it being a real UFO or even a real object.
The problem is while we continue to post and debate obvious fakes like this we encourage the production of them by giving the hoaxers what they desire but if we don't it seems all we are left with little else to discuss.

Look around this forum , 25 flags for a fake UFO video outstrips most of the other topics , it's a sad reflection on the state of this topic

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Captain: "Hey Beetlebraux, you forgot to turn on cloaking."

Beetlebraux: "Here?" *whoosh*

Captain: "No! Not the artificial gravity simulator, no we're spinning"

Beetlebraux: "Sorry, here you go." *chirp* "You think anyone seen us Captain?"

Captain: *facepalm*
edit on 20-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

gortex
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The video is uploaded and as far as I can tell owned by a channel with a history of producing hoaxes.
The "object" shows no reflection unlike the real object in the video "ISS".
The part where it disappears and reappears is just silly.
It's obvious (to my eyes) CGI.

It may not be CGI I am with Rob48 on this the most likely reason flare/internal reflection in the camera lens but due to the fact we have this halo effect it could be a very small object close to the camera and being out of focus produces the halo effect and it disappears when it crosses int the shadow of the ISS.

This effect has been seen before Tether Incident

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's inverted but the spherish thing is on the inverted original frame you posted too.

The two images with the YouTube arrow and part of the alien logo are from the OP (and have the object). The unedited image is from IIS stream (does not have the object).

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the responses. I don't follow this stuff as closely as many of you, and it is why I really appreciate all your input. At this point I would be content with staff moving this to the HOAX forum. Or not. Don't care, really. Yup, some idiot with too much time on his hands.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't think it is necessarily a deliberate hoax. I don't think it's CGI. Just seems that lots of people are very easily fooled by reflections and flares. Seems to be the most popular category of UFOs these days!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join