It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Vlad to invade Estonia next?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

dollukka
reply to post by bubab

No its not a risk. We have been independent 96 years.. you really think Russia can dicktate what we can or cannot do. We have never been a part of U.S.S.R so don´t we have a right to protect our independence with all causes possible?

Your call, I value neutrality status, you obviously dont give a # about it. your life

Looks like you are blinded by national pride, good for you. When the bombs start bombing, you are aligned and you go where your alliance go.

Enjoy.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

bubab

dollukka
reply to post by bubab

No its not a risk. We have been independent 96 years.. you really think Russia can dicktate what we can or cannot do. We have never been a part of U.S.S.R so don´t we have a right to protect our independence with all causes possible?

Your call, I value neutrality status, you obviously dont give a # about it. your life

Looks like you are blinded by national pride, good for you. When the bombs start bombing, you are aligned and you go where your alliance go.

Enjoy.

Although if a country joins NATO it is considered aligned with the other members, that doesn't obligate any country to participate in a conflict, unless directly involved (invasion/attack).

For instance, if war erupts in Ukraine or northern Europe and NATO jumps in, countries in the South might opt to stay out. In this example, maybe the UK or Germany would jump in.

It depends more on the events itself, than on the international relations status of your country.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

GarrusVasNormandy

bubab

dollukka
reply to post by bubab

Enjoy.

Although if a country joins NATO it is considered aligned with the other members, that doesn't obligate any country to participate in a conflict, unless directly involved (invasion/attack).

For instance, if war erupts in Ukraine or northern Europe and NATO jumps in, countries in the South might opt to stay out. In this example, maybe the UK or Germany would jump in.

It depends more on the events itself, than on the international relations status of your country.

True, but we had this long discussion in parliment, and in the end, the answer was a resounding NO because, we would lose our neutrality and that was too great a price to pay.

I always hold a citizenship in at least one neutral country and I will never give that up without you prying it from my cold dead hands.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

But how can you speak for finns as it seems like you are not finnish yourself as you didn´t know how many citizens are in Finland at the first place. My guess is you are not born citizen here if you are here.
What comes to facts, there is not enough high tech military equipments to stand against Russia ( if that happens ) and the way war is played is far more advanced than it was back in WW2. This war cannot be won on the skis with molotov cocktails if it happens.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

dollukka
reply to post by bubab

But how can you speak for finns as it seems like you are not finnish yourself as you didn´t know how many citizens are in Finland at the first place. My guess is you are not born citizen here if you are here.
What comes to facts, there is not enough high tech military equipments to stand against Russia ( if that happens ) and the way war is played is far more advanced than it was back in WW2. This war cannot be won on the skis with molotov cocktails if it happens.

I don't I speak for me, you can do as you wish I don't honestly give a fcuk how you want to die

You can die from the rooftops waving a Finnish / Nato flag for all I care, I will enjoy it on a big screen TV

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And some people on here said that Putin was nowhere close to being similar to Hitler. Are you guys and gals starting to see the similarities? When's the ethnic cleansing going to start?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Catacomb
And some people on here said that Putin was nowhere close to being similar to Hitler. Are you guys and gals starting to see the similarities? When's the ethnic cleansing going to start?

Ethnic cleansing has already begun by Svoboda party members targeting ethnic russians and ethnic crimean tartars and non-pure ukranians and people who broadcasted Putins speech on TV in Ukraine.

Google it sometime in between your delusions.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

Never trust a Russian is old saying. Russia has never been innocent about ethnic cleansings .. what happened in Georgia ???

Putin is decievable and plays well ( for himself ) he has a lot in a game, he has to be sure he can continue in power as his star was fading and one way to play is to increase national pride just like Hitler did. Without power Putin loses a lot in cash as his fortune is tied with oligarchs whom he and his goverment chose to run companies when privatization of goverment owned companies started . This is all a trepak dance Putin makes his marionettes to dance.. puppet show.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

dollukka
reply to post by bubab

Never trust a Russian is old saying. Russia has never been innocent about ethnic cleansings .. what happened in Georgia ???

Putin is decievable and plays well ( for himself ) he has a lot in a game, he has to be sure he can continue in power as his star was fading and one way to play is to increase national pride just like Hitler did. Without power Putin loses a lot in cash as his fortune is tied with oligarchs whom he and his goverment chose to run companies when privatization of goverment owned companies started . This is all a trepak dance Putin makes his marionettes to dance.. puppet show.

You know more about Putin than intelligence communities does, perhaps you should send them your files on him.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

Greetings comrade....
/

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

bubab

Catacomb

Ethnic cleansing has already begun by Svoboda party members targeting ethnic russians and ethnic crimean tartars and non-pure ukranians and people who broadcasted Putins speech on TV in Ukraine.

Google it sometime in between your delusions.

Oh yeah, there was so much ethnic cleansing going on in Crimea, and the Ukraine, that the deaths were in the thousands. Crimea was already voting itself out of the Ukraine, and as an autonomous state. So, how were they being stopped from doing that? They weren't. In fact, it is Russia who swallowed them up, and took their freedom AWAY. They didn't give them anything, but a leash.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

rigel4
reply to post by bubab

Greetings comrade....
/

Privet

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thank you to all people that are defending the great russian democracy lol, Putin the ex chief of the kgb, but yea he wants to bring democracy russian style lol. Plz keep your personal insults for someone else, history is repeating itself but you guys like to stick your head in the sand.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

bubab
reply to post by Cabin

My country is not in NATO, we don't give a frack about NATO, we are neutral, we are in Europe, we don't fear Russia.

What and who we DO fear, is America, their rendition flights and the risk they bring to our neutrality.

America does NOT respect our neutrality, they flew rendition CIA flights in our airspace and landed. America has NO respect for laws. That is a fact. If they did, they would have not used our airspace for illegal activities. Honestly Yanks don't give a frack about us here, except when it suits THEM and honestly, I don't give a frack about them, as long as they stay the HELL away from my country.

I don't know what country you are from, nor do I care (nothing personal, of course), but I am amazed to read that anyone actually believes in NEUTRALITY.

Really? : )
There is no such thing as neutrality in real politics. It's a nice idea, but that's all it is.

And BTW, judging by the tone and contents of some of your other comments.... you're not all that "neutral" yourself, are you? : )

No offence intended.

Regarding the OP.... It's the Sudetenland all over again, so, no, I wouldn't be surprised if more "endangered" Russians were found to be in need of rescue.

edit on 19-3-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
Thank you to all people that are defending the great russian democracy lol, Putin the ex chief of the kgb, but yea he wants to bring democracy russian style lol. Plz keep your personal insults for someone else, history is repeating itself but you guys like to stick your head in the sand.

1) ex-chief of the EX-kgb
2) Russian style democracy looks better run with no bullets fired than american style democracy with depleted uranium dumped everywhere

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

AdAstra

bubab
reply to post by Cabin

My country is not in NATO, we don't give a frack about NATO, we are neutral, we are in Europe, we don't fear Russia.

What and who we DO fear, is America, their rendition flights and the risk they bring to our neutrality.

America does NOT respect our neutrality, they flew rendition CIA flights in our airspace and landed. America has NO respect for laws. That is a fact. If they did, they would have not used our airspace for illegal activities. Honestly Yanks don't give a frack about us here, except when it suits THEM and honestly, I don't give a frack about them, as long as they stay the HELL away from my country.

I don't know what country you are from, nor do I care (nothing personal, of course), but I am amazed to read that anyone actually believes in NEUTRALITY.

Really? : )
There is no such thing as neutrality in real politics. It's a nice idea, but that's all it is.

And BTW, judging by he ome and contents of some of your other contents.... you're not all that "neutral" yourself, are you? : )

No offence intended.

Regarding the OP.... It's the Sudentenland all over again, so, no, I wouldn't be surprised if more "endangered" Russians were found to be in need of rescue.

Yes indeed there is and it is internationally recognised, it saved our asses and country during the world wars.

It may mean nothing to you, but that is the reason you are not in a position of power.

Like the world needs a lesson in international law from America, McCain, Kerry, Hillary et al

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

Russia announces enormous finds of radioactive waste and nuclear reactors in Arctic seas Enormous quantities of decommissioned Russian nuclear reactors and radioactive waste were dumped into the Kara Sea in the Arctic Ocean north of Siberia over a course of decades, according to documents given to Norwegian officials by Russian authorities and published in Norwegian media.

Russian waste

Come on !

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OMsk3ptic:

...the U.S. is nothing more than a tentacle of the British Empire.

A 'tentacle of the British Empire'? Are you for real? You cannot possibly believe such a fabrication! You simply cannot be so befuddled and confused and paranoid! The last two world wars put an end entirely to the Great British Empire, the little of which that remains now as a commonwealth is nothing more than a deference to pomp and circumstance. Until the British Empire folded, American expansionism couldn't take place.

Russia's re-assimilation of the Crimean region, under the auspices of a referendum that delivered a massive 'yes' vote to Russia, is not Russian expansionism. Putin has no sights set on other countries. He knows he cannot rebuild the Soviet Union, and wouldn't want to, as the cost in both financial and economic terms would be too great. They learned their lesson with the rise and fall of Stalinism, they are not going back to that. Russia would only invade other surrounding nations if they were seriously threatend, and they are not going to be threatend by neighbouring countries, but they may well be threatend by America and NATO.

The fall of the Soviet Union was the best thing that happened to Russia. It reduced its economic and financial burdens, and allowed it to grow into an emerging financial superpower, and not just be a military superpower pushing back at American expansionism and hegemony. Russia's growth has been a good thing for the world in general, so has China's, because they both check America. America cannot sustain the cost of it's military around the globe, it's own domestic market cannot pay for it, and its international market is beng reduced as other nations look eastwards for investment.

America's financial superpower status is moving towards its twilight years, and there is nothing America can do about it, except bluster and propagandize against its emerging competitors. It will take a while yet, but eventually, America will go the same way as the Soviet Union, it will collapse out of its own desperation to compete in a world it cannot afford.

All this has nothing whatsoever to do with Great Britain, as the UK is equally teetering at the edge of the financial abyss.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

Switzerland's "neutrality" was also internationally recognized - still is - but believe me, they were FAR fom neutral during WW II.
Same with some of the Scandinavian countries.

Like I said, it's a nice idea. But there is no real neutrality when push comes to shove.
Just "watching" is often enough - to help one side or the other.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

AdAstra
reply to post by bubab

Switzerland's "neutrality" was also internationally recognized - still is - but believe me, they were FAR fom neutral during WW II.
Same with some of the Scandinavian countries.

Like I said, it's a nice idea. But there is no real neutrality when push comes to shove.
Just "watchng" is often enough - to help one side or the other.

it saved our asses, they must have done it wrong then

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join