It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus H. Christ--- Enough about America going to war over Crimea! It's not our Fight!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Look I know this is a heated topic but get real people...

No one yelled at Bush when the Russians took control of Georgia because everyone knew then, It's not our fight!
Now everyone's screaming about how we have to help those poor people...

No we don't...

Hell we can hardly help ourselves.
Want proof, look at school's our economy our healthcare our dismal employment rates.

You can't seriously want a return to the cold war do you.... Just a few days ago one of their TV personalities made a crack about Russia turning the US into radioactive dust!--- know what--- they can...

But we're not honoring our treaties with the Ukraine---people say

Bull 'S'---we don't have those kind of treaties with them. Their old government was pro-Russia and they never became part of NATO or the EU.

America is not the worlds police force we have no business getting involved over there, it's not our fight!
Get me an address and send a care package But this is one Marine who's not going to sit quietly and let a bunch of bleeding heart, "Oh those poor people", drag us into another stupid senseless war!

Enough already, it's not our Fight!

edit on 19-3-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree. We either are the world's policemen, in which case we should act on everything - or we aren't and shouldn't. This half-jack pick and choose philosophy will grind us down to nothing sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why are we complaining about Crimea and not Georgia? That's easy. Crimea has oil and natural gas Georgia doesn't.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Marid Audran
I agree. We either are the world's policemen, in which case we should act on everything - or we aren't and shouldn't. This half-jack pick and choose philosophy will grind us down to nothing sooner rather than later.

If we're going to be the worlds Police-force, then those other countries need to start paying for that service.

Yeah I know that sounds rather mercenary but it's like when my daughters ask me for toys I can't afford... I just say sorry I don't have the money right now...Well we don't have the money to rebuild someone else's country. lets focus on paying off our own trillion dollar debts first and if there's any left over... we'll see

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

HardCorps

Who is 'everyone'?? I mean, are bunches of people outside of the Obama administration
and the John McCain camp really beating the war drums? I must be missing something ...
I haven't really seen it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

buster2010
Why are we complaining about Crimea and not Georgia? That's easy. Crimea has oil and natural gas Georgia doesn't.

No, they have pipelines that send all that oil and gas to western Europe.
Even Obama made a comment that if those pipelines were cut off, as they have been in the past, America might have a new market for our excess natural gas production.

See their bad luck is our expansion of our profit margins. that's nothing to fight over

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't care if they all kill each other.

I don't want that to happen.

But, if it did I would have to pretend to care.

OP is correct....Not our fight.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

FlyersFan

HardCorps

Who is 'everyone'?? I mean, are bunches of people outside of the Obama administration
and the John McCain camp really beating the war drums? I must be missing something ...
I haven't really seen it.

Check this out
www.abovetopsecret.com...
second

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

HardCorps

buster2010

Even Obama made a comment that if those pipelines were cut off, as they have been in the past, America might have a new market for our excess natural gas production.

See their bad luck is our expansion of our profit margins. that's nothing to fight over

No they have their own natural gas fields and oil fields.

Energy

Crimea also possesses several natural gas fields both onshore and offshore, all connected to Ukraine's pipeline system. The inland fields are located in Chornomorske and Dzhankoy, while offshore fields are located in the western coast in the Black Sea and in the northeastern coast in the Azov Sea.The republic also possesses two oil fields: one onshore, the Serebryankse oil field in Rozdolne, and one offshore, the Subbotina oil field in the Black Sea.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

whyamIhere
I don't care if they all kill each other.

I don't want that to happen.

But, if it did I would have to pretend to care.

OP is correct....Not our fight.

Look I'm not heartless either, what's happening over there is like really sad...

But this world is full of really sad stuff and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

This one of those deals where, yeah I feel bad for them... but it would be irresponsible for us as nation to get involved more than we already are

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yes they do, but of more concern to Russia and this crisis is this

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

Dick Cheney made pretty much the same threats about using nukes on Russia days before they made that comment.

If USA does not uphold its treaties then when your country is in need of help other countries will turn their backs on you. Your allies will become enemies, and considering USA has a small amount of Allies I dont think that you would want to turn whats left of them into enemies.

As long as Ukraine does not build up nuclear arms then the USA has an obligation to help out. This is different from Iraq or Afganistan because of the paper that Clinton signed back in 94.
That means...... IT IS AMERICA'S FIGHT.

Face it, Your country has started war after war and invaded country after country in the past 13 years. How is it different then what Putin is doing?

Also who said the cold war ended? Its only evolved. Now its not so much having field agents, as its more about what you can get from hacking computer systems and analysing the metadata of your opposing government.

No matter what you want or say its not going to change Bill Clintons signature on that treaty.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Charity begins at HOME. America needs to take care of Americans and stop thinking we can save the world from make beleive monsters. If the Ukraine wants to fight Russia. let em. But no American lives should be put at risk. It seems to me that the "terrorist model " isnt getting the fear level high enough . So they bring back the fear of the "cold war" and the fear of nuclear weapons.

IMHO. Screw Russia and the Ukraine and Crimea & Israel. & Iran & Afghanistan & Syria & China. Take care of America it sure as hell could use a renovation. Secure our borders, and let anyone and everyone know " If you come into our country and create death & destruction.....we will bomb your asre back into the stone ages. America is not the worlds police...but the Government damn sure thinks it is. No damn wonder the world hates us, they have good reason.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Face it, Your country has started war after war and invaded country after country in the past 13 years. How is it different then what Putin is doing?

Your right and it is a hard truth to admit to.
But I like to think we can learn from our mistakes, make better choices it doesn't have to be the same way over and over again.

Clintons made a deal then good ole Hillary can fly over the and make good on her husbands promise, just leave me out of it...thank you very much!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

HardCorps

buster2010

So you are happy with having larger profit margins that come from the death of innocent people?

Do you not understand how sad that is? That is the same mentality as the elite bankers.

That is why this world is going down the crapper, in my opinion. People care more about money then the value of a human life.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Just how do you figure I'm personally going to profit from what happens in Ukrayina?
Do you think Turchynov is going to hand me a check if I fly over there with my rifles?
Why would he do that, he doesn't know me and I don't know him.
I have no vested interest one way or the other...

So explain to me how my 'Personal' actions or inactions will be 'profited' if I chose to stay home with my wife and daughters and do nothing? other than love on my little family?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Crimea not our problem.

What happens when Russia annexes Bugaria and Estonia? Somewhere in your calculus there has to be a limit ---right?

If China decides to start annexing territory, what then? See where this is going? I don't know if backing away will delay or expedite WW4.

(WW3 started in 1971 by Nixon going off gold convertibility, and is still in progress to this day)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Apples and Oranges...
Bulgaria and Estonia are part of NATO
I've even been to Estonia as part of joint Military training op.

That we would have to do something about.
But the Ukraine is not a formal signatory.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Man your country has 2, I REPEAT TWO borders. Im not talking about Canada and Mexico....... no no no no no, America has the normal borders then there is the secondary border patrol checkpoints that are set up in a hundred mile buffer zone around the entire country. Man its practically Nazi Germany there. America has the strictest laws and some of the dumbest cops (iq wise) around. There is a guy who is sueing his local police station because he was a recruit who passed every exam, but was not able to become a cop because his Iq level was too high.

If America really wants to help their own out, you would push to get a universal one tier healthcare system (no not obamacare, but something like what we Canadians have).

Push for that, That more then anything can help your fellow americans out. But I highly doubt that will happen just like I highly doubt that America will Back away from Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It was you who said it so why dont you tell me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join