It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime Stoppers director faces jail time for eating tip in court...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

I stand corrected I didn't know the exact reason just that it involved a tip.

If you recall from the Scott Peterson trial this same thing came up-about a tip to crimestoppers. Mark Geragos somehow found out that the tipster who reported a breakin at the house next to Scott' and Lacy's was known to the prosecution. He demanded the person be made available at discovery. When he went to add the persons name to the witness list the judge said this person could only testify with the jury out of the courtroom.

This started a 3 day war of revolving sidebars-and again-the issue was never settled. Due to the fact that it was a very minor detail and everyone knew Scott was guilty because of the stupidity of the crime-and only someone as stupid as Scott could have thought he could get away with it.

The issue of facing an accuser who calls in a tip is still in legal neverland.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution:

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Pretty much sums it up.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Pretty much sums it up.

Sums up what exactly?

Rape victims do not need to be in court and there testimony can be in the form of an affidavit. Been that way since the late 80's

Judges rule on specific cases as they merit. The 6th amendment is meaningless and it always will be. It's the judges discretion as far as victims being in the court room.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I just came in to see what kind of "tip" this was. I'm relieved it was only paper. Whew.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What in the world are you talking about?

The discussion was about a persons right to face their accuser along with the intention of information gather by anonymous sources.

I have decades of experience in the procedures of American criminal courts.

If you don't have anything constructive to add-why post at all?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Because the headline was odd. Still is.

Like people already said, that could have just been blank paper.

A hand-written tip by a tipster just happened to be brought to court. Yeah sure. Drama.

Peace out.

(Your turn to get all indignant and outraged now.)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

spooky24

Pretty much sums it up.

The 6th amendment is meaningless and it always will be.

I certainly hope not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join