It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Forces Storm Ukranian Naval Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
www.todayonline.com...

SEVASTOPOL (Ukraine) — Russian troops and unarmed men stormed Ukraine’s naval headquarters in the Crimean port of Sevastopol today (March 19) and raised the Russian flag in a tense but peaceful takeover that signals Moscow’s intent to neutralise any armed opposition.

So what next?

How far will this go? To me it looks like they are just going to cleanse crimea one base at a time systematically without trying to fire shots (even though that already happened).

It's looking grim for Ukraine.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

It's looking grim for the whole world! a species constantly at war is sure to meet extinction. We must co exist or we will never mature pychologicaly or sociologoicaly, we will slowly eradicate our selfs if it wasnt for our propensity to do harm we would be a noteworthy and honorable species,we resemble a virus more than an animal. pardon my spelling i just thought this needed to be said.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

I think with the Ukraine's orders to defend themselves and them having a very big gun pointed at there head asking them to leave peacefully was the only option they had .The piece makes mentions of talks with the commanders so it's like finding out half way through the working day you Company you have worked for is no longer in business at the present location . I am sure they want to make this transition as easy and as safely as possible for all concerned ....peace

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

its not a power shift or transition it's a farce invasion. Temporary at best. Ukraine is looking to support from it's allies and i belive in due time it will recieve, wether right or wrong. However i belive its about saving face for the Russians which i also belive is a grave mistake on their part in fact if anything they will look more pathetic than they already are. I really hate war the politics of it, the destruction the main thing we could do as individuals is learn to co exist. Regardless, and more to the point this is a temporary power play and i truly belive the Ukraine will fire the first shots, and may have to inorder to protect it's people and interests what a sad and pathetic situation.
edit on 19-3-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I don't believe that Russia is looking for a fight and that is a good thing .If it would be possible for them to bring Ukraine closer to them without force ,then that is the way to go . So far that seems to be what they are trying to do .The western backed puppet government that was hand picked by the west now in charge in Ukraine may not have the support of the Ukrainian people . I am wondering if they will go ahead with the elections in May as was agreed to by the former President ? That still remains to be seen . In all likely hood the present Regime will not form the next Govt. there if left up to the voters despite removing the Crimean voters from Ukraine .Well if one is to believe the different polls that were conducted before all this stuff went down .I guess the facts on the ground and the word on the street will really tell the story despite any propaganda floating around ...peace

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Crimea is a place where Russia is now able to control ports and used as a staging area to enter the Ukraine from two points. It is a very, very strategic piece of property for Russia. Nothing in and nothing out unless they say so.

It can not get better. It is not like Russia is simply going to say 'our bad' and back out. Once it moves forward it keeps going. Putin wants the old Soviet Bloc back and he is going to get it.

WW2 started without a gunshot. No one thought it would go farther and it ended badly for all sides. No one won...we all just survived.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Crimea is now part of Russia. The Ukraine military should vacate.

After all, democracy has the last say. The Crimeans voted. end of story.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by Darolla

Crimea is now part of Russia. The Ukraine military should vacate.

After all, democracy has the last say. The Crimeans voted. end of story.

But as its not western infused "democracy" it will not fly.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I just love that beautiful rabbit..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

matafuchs
It can not get better. It is not like Russia is simply going to say 'our bad' and back out. Once it moves forward it keeps going. Putin wants the old Soviet Bloc back and he is going to get it.

WW2 started without a gunshot. No one thought it would go farther and it ended badly for all sides. No one won...we all just survived.

the Nazis and their financiers won ww2. paperclip, Bush family, etc.

And the Crimeans voted to join Russia. If other places also vote to join Russia then that is their right.

ww3 started when my nation illegally and wrongfully invaded 2 countries. It just took some time to catch up with us.

The USH. United States of Hypocrisy.

And the US looks like a total Punk Bully. Iraq needed attacked because of 'weapons of mass destruction' gotta 'attack them there before...'

But when an actual threat to Nuke the US is done by someone with a little to back it up.. where is the invasion of Russia? oh thats right, a bully only attacks those that are unable to fight back.. total punk bully.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

matafuchs
Crimea is a place where Russia is now able to control ports and used as a staging area to enter the Ukraine from two points. It is a very, very strategic piece of property for Russia. Nothing in and nothing out unless they say so.

Actually the allies won.....Germany was destroyed......Japan,Italy destroyed. Russia payed the biggest price during ww2 but even then they were not the "good guys".

Look at what Russia did during ww2 learn the history it will show you the future. Russia always is looking to dominate weaker people.
edit on 19-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In saying no one won WW2, I meant us as citizens of the world and not big business. Every time I see a Jewish lawyer in a Benz I chuckle a bit at the irony of it.

If you had a choice of Crimera or Ukraine, which would you choose first? The smart move is the one to choke the larger country and surround it. Russia did. Without a shot. The problem is that the US and the EU/NATO promised the Ukraine, as lately as a few years ago, that it would come to its aid. So, Putin is again doing what he did in Georgia, Iran and Syria. He is calling the bluff of the great POTUS of the USA. We lost in Iraq...Afghanistan...all the other stans we hang out in and the ME.

There is only the need for one more catalyst...a major terror attack. Push the world over the brink. Sides for the last 4 years have been being drawn and time is up. Put up or GTF Out of the way...

Russia and China were influential in the housing crash in the US. Look it up and read about it. They have hurt us financially and now at a time when needed most we are cutting our military. It all adds up to us being, plain and simple, an easy target.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

SubTruth

matafuchs

Actually the allies won.....Germany was destroyed......Japan,Italy destroyed. Russia payed the biggest price during ww2 but even then they were not the "good guys".

Look at what Russia did during ww2 learn the history it will show you the future. Russia always is looking to dominate weaker people.
edit on 19-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Germany lost, the Nazis WON. you have to see behind the smoke screen.
The west backed Ukraine is the area that fought FOR the Nazis.

And, the Russians killed and defeated WAY more Nazis than the Allies did.

Had the Nazis been able to focus 100% on the Allies, and if the Russian vs Nazi aspect never happened, it is hard to say what would have transpired. But, let it be known, the Russians played the LARGEST role in weakening the Nazis.

new topics

top topics

join