It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Allocates Billions Towards Strike on Iran... Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon have ordered the army to continue preparing for a possible military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities at a cost of at least 10 billion shekels ($2.89 billion) this year, despite the talks between Iran and the West, according to recent statements by senior military officers.

Three Knesset members who were present at Knesset joint committee hearings on Israel Defense Forces plans that were held in January and February say they learned during the hearings that 10 billion shekels to 12 billion shekels of the defense budget would be allocated this year for preparations for a strike on Iran, approximately the same amount that was allocated in 2013.

www.haaretz.com...

So I wonder how much they allocated in 2012? And in 2011? So where's the strike, Mr. Big Bad Israel?

Makes me wonder if it isn't all a sham. Demonize Iran as the "problem," appeal to the masses for the "reaction," and funnel billions towards the military defense budget as the "solution."

Huh. How bout that. Sound familiar? Roger.

We should just make militaries illegal and call it a day. The end.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The second an Israeli plane takes off to strike Iran, the EU and the US should utterly decimate Israel's military complex and centers of administrative power through embargoes, sanctions and military responses. We've come too far along the line with Iran to let that vile psychotic dwarf state ruin it for the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
From the OP's source article:

“My friends, I believe that letting Iran enrich uranium would open up the floodgates,” Netanyahu said at the AIPAC conference earlier this month. “That must not happen. And we will make sure it does not happen.”

Ya’alon recently indicated during a speech at Tel Aviv University that his view has shifed and he is now likely to support a unilateral Israeli strike on Iran, in light of his assessment that the Obama administration will not do so.
Not looking good for the ME at the moment. I'd be willing to bet Israel is ready to risk it given the overall political situation in the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I guess air strikes into Syria isn't sexy enough for the warhawks. Let's waste tax dollars on a scenario that may or may not develop. I'm kicking myself for wasting $200 dollars on booze on St Pattys Day (had a great time though) and these nobs don't bat an eye on billions for wargames. Of course I actually had to earn my money.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I love spending money that isn't mine too.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Not surprised. They keep attacking Syria too, not to mention how much trouble all of their agents cause all over the world. The US is infested with agents of Israel. With 911, they thought they had a straight road to use americans to destroy muslim countries. It almost worked. Now, all that's left is Syria and Iran, Egypt may be a problem again, so, time to attack them, murder the leaders, scientists, etc.. until they can make Israel the epi-center of the middle-east/world. I think it's time for americans to stop sending aid to Israel and any sen who keeps voting to send them more needs to be either impeached or arrested on site as a traitor. The world need to unite against the war mongers US and Israel. I love my country but we need a regime change and I mean all of'em have to be replaced right down to the county level.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So Israel wants to force an Iranian Chernobyl or Fukushima???

I can't see that being accepted by the World... Not even Israel's allies would accept this proposal!!!

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is a way to destroy Nuclear facilities with Military Hardware without the risk of Fallout!!!

I like Israel... But I Pray this fails completely because I don't always like the IDF or Political leaders!!!

Peace everybody!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
$522 million of it just came from America.....Israel's bitch & bank.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Blah blah blah when it comes to Iran Israel can talk the talk but they can't walk the walk. They have been running their mouths for years about how they are going to attack Iran but can't summon the nads to go through with the attack. This is why Israel has been begging America to do the fighting for them because they know they cannot handle Iran on their own. This is why Israel hates Obama because he isn't willing to get Americans killed fighting Israel's wars for them. Let them attack Iran if they want but leave America out of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
US Lawmakers Elevate Israel to 'Strategic Partner,' Approve Billions

www.defensenews.com...

Passed March 5 by the US House of Representatives in an emphatic 410-1 vote, H.R. 938 elevates Israel from “major non-NATO ally” to a new designation as “major strategic partner.” Majority support is projected for a similar bill in the US Senate. Beyond the $3.1 billion in annual military aid, billions in multiyear funding for joint missile defense and other defense-related perquisites, the proposed law extends cooperation into energy, cyber and water sectors.

American monies, signed off by the House two weeks ago.

And Israel's push for eternal American military aid continues...

TextBoth bills extend by another year existing acts governing more than $1 billion in prepositioned US stockpiles available for Israel’s emergency use. Under the new bills, Pentagon authority for replenishing prepositioned materiel extends through 2016. They also urge the White House to “expeditiously conclude” a new 10-year agreement to assure US security assistance to Israel through 2027.

Through 2027, right through and beyond?

Here is an article from two years ago:
Ron Paul Dissents on House Bill for Unlimited Military Aid for Israel, Shows Why He's a True Leader
www.policymic.com...

It pertains to the House Bill from which the present one evolved.

Paul assailed the bill for being “one-sided” and “counter-productive” and argued that it weakened the America’s claims of being an honest broker seeking peace in the Middle East. He also took issue with the bill’s statement that U.S. policy should be to defend “the security of Israel as a Jewish state.”
“According to our Constitution,” argued Paul, “the policy of the United States government should be to protect the security of the United States, not to guarantee the religious, ethnic, or cultural composition of a foreign country.”

Philip Giraldi, the former CIA counter-terrorism analyst, slammed the secretive bill for “provid[ing] Israel with a blank check drawn on the U.S. taxpayer” and suggested that the true intent was to support Israel’s membership in NATO.
“If Israel becomes part of NATO,” he said, “the U.S. and other members will be obligated to come to the aid of a nation that is expanding its borders and is currently engaged in hostilities with three of its neighbors.”

I would expect to see further more hawkish and antagonistic behavior from Israel, this based upon their current posturing, past actions- and particularly having practically securing perpetual military aid, via the American taxpayers' corrupted Congress.
It is dangerous to the region and the world.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." -- Epicurus

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Nolimits
The second an Israeli plane takes off to strike Iran, the EU and the US should utterly decimate Israel's military complex and centers of administrative power through embargoes, sanctions and military responses. We've come too far along the line with Iran to let that vile psychotic dwarf state ruin it for the world.

But, that's the plan all along. You really believe that Israel is the only one behind Israel's warmongering? The USA loves having lapdogs across the globe that will do it's bidding so it can stand back and pretend to be the good guy.

Unfortunately, the chances of something major happening this year and next (2015) are greatly increased. If nothing crazy happens this Spring (and it should) expect something major this Summer (around July-August).

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah but it's U.S. taxpayer billions. Those Zionists sure have some balls.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah so same old same old. Israel's a money launderer for certain factions in the U.S. Not really not sure who's worse. Two goals and one solution. And by the way, that's your money, American citizens.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I've said it a million times; That is the only thing that Obama has gotten right, IMO!
Time to pull this leech off and help the Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
As I understand it, and has been written about plenty, the US breaks the law (US Law) with every $Dollar it sends to Israel.

Google "Symington Amendment" for what I am talking about. Basically, it is against US Law to provide military aid to any state with an undeclared nuclear programme. But, Israel, who not only have their nuclear weapons but have also been guilty in the past of nuclear proliferation, still get their pals in the US to keep sending them more and more.

Ok, they could change the law, to allow this to happen, but they have not, so as it stands right now it's still illegal, so plenty of people should be going to jail for it.... right?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
So I wonder how many billions Iran has allocated for direct strikes on Israel all these years. I mean even if they were, which I seriously doubt, they would have to be given the moral high ground. Here they have a nuclear armed nation allocating billions, year after year, to directly strike them. If anyone should be allocating billions to defense, it should be Iran. And who could blame them. Even in the face of the nuclear threat from Israel, they STILL have not directly attacked any other country except for Iraq- and that was also in self defense. I know that should silence the Israeli apologists, but alas, it does not. Hypocrisy abounds.

top topics

join