It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Thanksgiving america!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving everyone who is celebrating it today! I'm thankful for everything. I hope you all have an awesome day, family fights and all!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Say,

What was the origin of Thanksgiving?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanksgiving is here and its time to "fat it up"

niiice girl in your avatar BTW...

anyway, the origins of Thanksgiving is that dinner with the Native Americans and the Colonists or something...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And a happy turkey day to you as well, and everyone else here at ATS.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

I love Thanksgiving because:

It's a day to be with family and friends.

It's a day to poke food in my pie-hole.

It's a day to dedicate to acknowledging the blessings in my life. We all have them, it's just that we spend the better part of the year not recognizing them, or worse yet, putting the negatives above the positives.

Every breath is a blessing. There is so much to enjoy in life - today we recognize that.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Have a great Thanksgiving folks.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Indeed ... Happy thanksgiving everyone!

If I should vanish from this cyber world for more than a day you can rest assured that I've burnt down my house with my new turkey deep fryer.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving, American friends.

I hope your day is a good one. Enjoy the holiday!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving, you american infidels

Have a good one!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Turkey Day!!! The Magic Turkey is very pleased!!!

The Turkey has just slid into the rotisserie to be cooked for a few hours, and it smells wonderful. I cant wait, cuz I LOVE turkey!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and remember people that dont have what you do.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving ATS. Its a crappy rainy day in Northeast PA, but the food smells great.

And to think two Thanksgiving dinners in one day......

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanksgiving is here and its time to "fat it up"

niiice girl in your avatar BTW...

anyway, the origins of Thanksgiving is that dinner with the Native Americans and the Colonists or something...

Yes, It is where the Pilgrims gave thanks to God and to the Indians for Help. And the Indians gave thanks to the Pilgrims for Small Pox.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

[Edited on 25-11-2004 by Hogwolf]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i love thanksgiving. i found out a few years back that im related to william bradford (gov of the pilgrims) so thanksgiving for me is really "im thankful for... THE WHOLE COUNTRY! ITS MINE! MUAHAHAHAHAH! oh, and the food and friends and stuff."

im thankful for ATS and irc. without you, id be bored.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Say,

Is it true I don't know I don't believe or support any holidays so take it for what is.

Excerpts:
The Christian Fiestas .com

The Origin Of Thanksgiving

Source: www.123christians.com...

[edit on 25/11/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving All !!!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving !

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Basically, the Dutch pilgrims, from the ship "Mayflower" gave thanks for getting successfully across the Atlantic, and then for a good harvest after so much hardship. The feast is actually a variant of good harvest feasts stemming even from Biblical times, such as the Feast of the Tabernacle....but our holiday is generally connected to this particular event and feast of the colonists and the local indians.... (so concludes my Cliff Clavin moment, hehe...)

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

The turkey's finsihed cooking and we're watching Buckaroo Banzai and the kids will all be here this evening. Perfect kinda day!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Basically, the Dutch pilgrims, from the ship "Mayflower" gave thanks for getting successfully across the Atlantic, and then for a good harvest after so much hardship. The feast is actually a variant of good harvest feasts stemming even from Biblical times, such as the Feast of the Tabernacle....but our holiday is generally connected to this particular event and feast of the colonists and the local indians.... (so concludes my Cliff Clavin moment, hehe...)

But it goes well beyond the Americans and a bushel of corn and dried fish.

The history of this popular festival can be traced to the ancient civilizations of Rome and Greece. Ever since man learned to appreciate the fruits of agricultural labour, they have been grateful for the harvest. Their celebration of a bountiful yield is always coloured by their gratefulness for the benevolence of Gods and favorable conditions of nature.More

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks :I think it's been a while since I've seen a pro-American person on these boards. I really find it's ironic that we're celebrating the fact that they helped us settle in, and then we killed them three days later

top topics

<<   2 >>

join