It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimean Tatars Will Have to Vacate Land – Official (RIA News)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nolimits

A good example to be educated on is the Royal Proclamation of 1763 . The US does not like that document one bit .

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

But still what about the question

" Do you support Crimea / Russias actions against the tartars"

Yes or no?
edit on 19-3-2014 by trinityschild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

trinityschild

"Do you support Crimea / Russias actions against the tartars?
o you support Crimea / Russias actions against the tartars?"

Yes or no?

Do you support Svoboda's actions against the Crimean Tartars?

Yes or no?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I am currently reading about the Great Heathen Army and the establishment of the Dane Law in Britain. Would you consider that another great atrocity swept under the rug of time?

I know my mother's history. She is Hunkpapa Cheyenne. My Father I am learning about. He is Scot and Norwegian.

Knowing a history, sharing a history, and making up a history and all separate things.

My point was not that atrocities were not committed (by all sides), but that everyone had migrated here. People seem to forget that little tidbit when they tell people to leave. It's kinda like me telling you to leave my neighbors yard because I was there before you. It's not my yard either.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bubab

Notice how even they obscure the question ..I am in favor of Russians actions for the tartars not for the actions against .In this case Russia is actually doing something for them ...strange colored glasses some weare ..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bubab

No I think that all minorities, genders, creeds, colours, sexualites, planets, etc. Should be protected.

And I do think what was done to the native Americans, native Australians, etc was wrong.

I think what my country did in India was wrong, I think the way the west has gone about the fight against terrorism has been wrong.

Now I have been honest what about you?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

trinityschild

" Do you support Crimea / Russias actions against the tartars"

Yes or no?

Absolutely, they are providing them with legal land to live on, free of charge, places in the government and recognition, much, much more than the previous governments have done.

Now it's my turn to ask questions...

You claim that every race, creed, culture, and planet should be protected, yet you go on to say that you don't think what happened to the natives was wrong.

My question is are you just trolling, or do you have a legitimate way to justify that hodgepodge of hypocrisy?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Is Russia going to do what the US did (and what Russia has done in the past)?

Take decent workable/livable land away from the population and move them to god-forsaken land that is inhospitable to life?

If so then I am against the decision.

If the land swap is simply to move a rural based population further away from a city center/urban sprawl and give them comparable land for their use then I see no reason to be against the decision.

As a caveat, I am an American. My opinion on Russian decisions means nothing. Nor does my feelings on the current plight of the Crimean Tatars.
edit on 19-3-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

trinityschild
reply to post by bubab

No I think that all minorities, genders, creeds, colours, sexualites, planets, etc. Should be protected.

And I do think what was done to the native Americans, native Australians, etc was wrong.

I think what my country did in India was wrong, I think the way the west has gone about the fight against terrorism has been wrong.

Now I have been honest what about you?

This thread is not about American natives, aboriginies etc.

Do I support Svoboda, hell no, only a real loon supports them. Nobody can control them either, the EU has already lost control of the situation with them.

They are beginning their ethnic clensing of Ukraine. And to think that there will be no ethnic clensing in Ukraine? Too late, it has already begun when Svoboda moved in, backed by the EU and US.

EU and US have blood on their hands now.

Then again this is no supprise since the US and UK are supporting Al quaida. The very people they were fighting.

The US and UK has no shame.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by bubab

Notice how even they obscure the question ..I am in favor of Russians actions for the tartars not for the actions against .In this case Russia is actually doing something for them ...strange colored glasses some weare ..

How long have they lived there?, that is a genuine question by the way.

If it is a few weeks even months then there might be a point but as far as I am aware this historically is their land. Now if I am wrong then I am sorry, this is not trolling I am happy to be educated and to understand your point of view.

Btw I have edited my reply from before as I used a double negative, ofc I don't think any sort of ethical cleansing is ok

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Nolimits
Don't see why Americans feel the need to comment on this topic, your country is made entirely of land confiscated from Native peoples.

That wasn't me or my ancestors that did that. Does that make it okay? No it certainly doesn't.

As SLAYER said, It was wrong then and it is still wrong today. No justification can be made for taking land from anybody. Doesn't matter where or what time it occurs or occurred.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

trinityschild

the2ofusr1
reply to post by bubab

If it is a few weeks even months then there might be a point but as far as I am aware this historically is their land. Now if I am wrong then I am sorry, this is not trolling I am happy to be educated and to understand your point of view.

How long have you lived in your place?

Russia is bending over backwards to make Crimea fair for all, something Svoboda, the alternative, is trying to erredicate.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Nolimits
Don't see why Americans feel the need to comment on this topic, your country is made entirely of land confiscated from Native peoples.

native peoples?....you mean the ones that crossed the Russian-Alaskan land bridge, or, the ones that came up from South America?
edit on 19-3-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

bubab

trinityschild

the2ofusr1
reply to post by bubab

Russia is bending over backwards to make Crimea fair for all, something Svoboda, the alternative, is trying to erredicate.

Can trace my family back about 500 years from within 100 miles of where I live.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

trinityschild

bubab

trinityschild

the2ofusr1
reply to post by bubab

I am talking present day the people that are ALIVE today, not everybody lives in the past.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Why is it bad now but completely acceptable when israel does it? Why is no one comparing israel to the nazis instead of the relocation of illegal settlers to legal settlements?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yusomad
Why is it bad now but completely acceptable when israel does it? Why is no one comparing israel to the nazis instead of the relocation of illegal settlers to legal settlements?

For the record, people have brought up Israel and Palestine but this thread isn't about Israel and Palestine now is it? It's about Russia and the Ukraine...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

This has happened before you know.

On 18 May 1944, the entire population of the Crimean Tatars was forcibly deported in the "Sürgün" (Turkish (Crimean Tatar) for exile) to Central Asia by Joseph Stalin's Soviet government as a form of collective punishment, on the grounds that they had collaborated with the Nazi occupation forces and formed anti-Soviet Tatar Legions.[27]

On 19 February 1954 The General Secretary of the Communist Party in Soviet Union at the time was a Ukrainian native 'Nikita Khrushchev', and he came up with a plan to kick all the Tatars living around the sea ports at Kerch and Sevastopol, out of their homes and give those houses to good Russian families. And that's just what happened... and it looks like it's happening again.

what's that old saying... those who fail to learn from history...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yusomad

Some of us do, two wrongs do not make a right in any case.

Where does it stop, the British did it, so Hitler did it,
so Stalin did it, so Israeli did(does) it, so Russia or the Crimea does it.

Nobody should have done it, or are we never going to learn from the mistakes of history.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

bubab

trinityschild

bubab

trinityschild

the2ofusr1
reply to post by bubab

I am talking present day the people that are ALIVE today, not everybody lives in the past.

I am not trying to be obtuse, do you mean how long have I lived where I have or how long there has been Scots in Scotland?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join