It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimean Tatars Will Have to Vacate Land – Official (RIA News)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Crimean Tatars Will Have to Vacate Land – Official

MOSCOW, March 18 (RIA Novosti) – Ukraine’s breakaway region of Crimea will ask Tatars to vacate part of the land where they now live in exchange for new territory elsewhere in the region, a top Crimean government official said Tuesday.

Crimean Deputy Prime Minister Rustam Temirgaliyev said in an interview with RIA Novosti on Tuesday the new government in Crimea, where residents voted Sunday to become part of Russia, wants to regularize the land unofficially taken over by Crimean Tatar squatters following the collapse of the Soviet Union.

“We have asked the Crimean Tatars to vacate part of their land, which is required for social needs,” Temirgaliyev said. “But we are ready to allocate and legalize many other plots of land to ensure a normal life for the Crimean Tatars,” he said.

Temirgaliyev emphasized that members of the Tatar community could receive senior political positions in the new government, in an apparent move to ease ethnic tensions in the region.

Click link for remainder of article.

Yeah - Another comparison of Russia / Crimea taking the same actions Nazi Germany did when they confiscated land for the "war effort"

Even the statement in the above is contradictory -
Illegal Squatters followed by give up their land...

While Nazi Germany used the excuse of "war effort", its no different than "social needs". After all Putin stated one of the justifications to invade Ukraine was for humanitarian issues.

All that's missing in Russia / Crimea is book burning. Russia / Crimea apparently has already put the other Nazi blueprints into effect.

Работа делает вас свободного

edit on 19-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow, this is not looking good. At all.

"Regularize the land"? What does that mean? Where will they be relocated? God dammit, this is starting to sound a bit like the soviet deportations!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You don't need your ancestral lands, forget your fathers' bones. We have a little spot right here for you in Kansas.

10 years later*

Well, about that spot in Kansas, we need that spot too, but here, have 20 acres in North Dakota.

Putin is just a couple centuries late to the relocation project age.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Most of the tatars after WWII were rounded up and sent to Siberia to be exterminated in Gulags,because they worked for the Nazis.Millions of Tatars were exterminated by Stalin. What do you think?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

joeraynor

Putin is just a couple centuries late to the relocation project age.

It was wrong then and it's wrong now...!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Don't see why Americans feel the need to comment on this topic, your country is made entirely of land confiscated from Native peoples.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Taking the high moral ground?

Comparing the Russians to Nazi's?

Those in the west have some gall to bewail Humanitarian Grounds and International Sovereignty. In the light of actual world domination campaigns like Kosovo, Iraq, Afganistan and Libya, etc.

Hold up a mirror.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nolimits

Two things

1.) Too bad

2.) I'm of native descent.

We don't need your help.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

In other news the United States Dept of Indian affairs will be relocating 7 thousand Indians from their homes and moving them west of the Mississippi ..Better know as the trail of tears ..peace

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Define "native peoples" - didn't they migrate here too? Or do you know something the rest of the world doesn't know?

They entire planet is comprised of dislocated peoples. One group moves in and one group moves out. Life goes on.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Two things

1.) Too bad

We don't need your help.

You are deluded if you think I care about what you want. I'll comment on any topic, in any fashion I see fit.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

They entire planet is comprised of dislocated peoples. One group moves in and one group moves out. Life goes on.

That comment reflects how history continues to sweep atrocities under the rug.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

In other news the United States Dept of Indian affairs will be relocating 7 thousand Indians from their homes and moving them west of the Mississippi ..Better know as the trail of tears ..peace

Interesting... Based on your post I get the impression you are disgusted by the US actions towards First nation tribes. I notice though you don't comment on the actions being taken against the Tartars.

Do you support the Crimean / Russian governments plans to force Tartars to move..... again?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Nolimits
Don't see why Americans feel the need to comment on this topic, your country is made entirely of land confiscated from Native peoples.

Then maybe you should take that up with the European Union seeing as how they are the ones who colonized the Americas, displacing native populations.

Do you support Crimea / Russias actions against the tartars?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
In Russia all the ethnic people are equal.
it's just that some are much more equal than others

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Nolimits

SLAYER69

Two things

1.) Too bad

We don't need your help.

You are deluded if you think I care about what you want. I'll comment on any topic, in any fashion I see fit.

I think that was his whole point.

But feel free to make it for him.

Masterfully done IMO

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Nolimits

Then maybe you should take that up with the European Union seeing as how they are the ones who colonized the Americas, displacing native populations.

From the article

wants to regularize the land unofficially taken over by Crimean Tatar squatters

It looks like where they were living was illegal and they are simply correcting that and giving them new land LEGALLY. If they take this new land, nobody can take it from them as it is now theirs, legally. Currently they are occupying illegal land area, that is from the article so I am just actually reading it and quoting it.

As regard to European Union colonizing the Americas..

The European Union has only existed since the 1950's so unless the Americas was just colonised this centuary, I doubt what your statement is truthful.

You should read this and catch up on history.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

At a glance at the article it don't look too bad .There is some hope for them in it .30% of them voted for the reunification . At present they do not own land because past Ukrainian governments failed to fix the issue . There is a need for the state to use the land presently an much like in the way the west can appropriate land even from owners when its needed for the state I don't see any wrong . As a added bonus they are assured to have a place within the Govt . The artical is short on many details so it's really hard to give any opinion with exactness ....peace

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Nolimits

You see, that would be a valid argument, except for the little thing that happened in "1776". I know you like to lie through omission, but please, beyond that date, the worst of the atrocities carried out against the Native populations took place - totally at the hands of the US.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

At a glance at the article it don't look too bad .There is some hope for them in it .30% of them voted for the reunification . At present they do not own land because past Ukrainian governments failed to fix the issue . There is a need for the state to use the land presently an much like in the way the west can appropriate land even from owners when its needed for the state I don't see any wrong . As a added bonus they are assured to have a place within the Govt . The artical is short on many details so it's really hard to give any opinion with exactness ....peace

To make matters worse, the Svoboda party in power have outlawed the Crimean Tartar language, and made holding multiple citizenship very illegal with huge punishments.

Russia is giving Crimean Tartars land legally AND preserving their language and rights, they have more rights under Russia than Svoboda.

Contrary to popular misbelief, living in Crimea under Russia, they are not forcing people to get Russian passports or citizenships, it is there if they want it, they can hold multiple citizenships (unlike what Svoboda prevent) AND, they get the Russian pension and benifit levels. Ukraine has just HALVED the benefits and subsidies and pensions.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join