It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura: We Can Send $1 Billion to Ukraine, But We Can’t Pay for Veterans’ Benefits?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by interupt42

I wasn't aware Congress or Obama was the first and only president and his cabinet to do this?

He's the only one that has spent more in his 4 years in office then ALL the OTHER US Presidents put together!!

I guess we should only put the Blame on Obama and overlook the Republicans spending on : starting the war, starting the bailouts, and government surveillance coming through the patriot act? I'm sure that didn't cost anything and takes very little to maintain.

Obama sucks not because he is a democrat but for the same reason that Bush sucked, they along with congress don't work for the people. They work for the highest bidders. The highest bidders are the Oligopoly corporate industries. Sadly that is our fault since the majority of the people don't even discuss the real issue and continue to blame the other party being at fault.

Obama only continued to do what Bush started and even cloned what Good ole Republican front runner RomnyCare started.
edit on 32331America/ChicagoWed, 19 Mar 2014 09:32:03 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by interupt42

I wasn't aware Congress or Obama was the first and only president and his cabinet to do this?

He's the only one that has spent more in his 4 years in office then ALL the OTHER US Presidents put together!!

Wrong he has spent less than any other president since Eisenhower. You are just spreading a lie the Republicans have been telling for years.

Who is smallest government spender?

It’s enough to make even the most ardent Obama cynic scratch his head in confusion.Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Why are people even signing up for the military anymore? We have not been involved in a war that has made sense since world war 2. Korea, vietnam and every conflict since then has been for nothing but political gain and utter nonsense. If your joining the military in this day and age, you are either confused about finding your true purpose in life or you are a bloodthirsty moron. Don't say it's to pay for college either because their are a ton of alternative ways to get funding for that.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by strik9

If your joining the military in this day and age, you are either confused about finding your true purpose in life or you are a bloodthirsty moron.

OR

You can't find employment that will pay enough to have your own roof over your head.

Believe it or not, to some people even though they know the military has become nothing more than the strong arm of the global bankers, it is still more "honorable" to join the military than live off of state handouts........

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here's a secret, shhhhhhh

Veterans don't take aid $$$ and buy weapons or equipment. Foreign countries Do.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

So the US is co-signing a billion dollar loan that is 100% certain that Ukraine will pay it all back. If not, that means the US taxpayer is on the hook. That sounds fair.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'd much rather see the math that went into that graph than the graph itself. If you want to convince me that 1+1=0, then at least show me how the problem was worked out.

Common Core for everyone

edit on 19-3-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Great thread TrueAmerican!

I think this goes to show that the "Budget and Debt ceiling" BS is just that... BS!

It's ridiculous to watch these people pretend to care about veterans, budgets, and debt at the same time NO one is crying about $1 billion to Ukraine. Seriously, WTF!?

HR 4152 - providing $1 billion to Ukraine because apparently they are "broke." Nevermind we JUST took $1.8 billion in gold from the Ukrainian National Bank. *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*

385 "Yea" -- 194 Republicans / 191 Democrats
23 "Nay" -- 23 Republicans
22 "Not Voting"/Abstain -- 14 Republicans / 8 Democrats

Breakdown HERE

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

My first reaction was to point out Israel also! 8 MILLION dollars A DAY we give them. It's sickening!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Shame on whomever, for claiming the pres has spent more than all others, combined. With costituents like that, who needs disinfo agents?
edit on 19-3-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I apologise if I come across as rude but I had to take a minute to stop laughing at this thread. Nearly EVERY single thread in relation to the army is negative with the majority of ATS members calling soldiers "baby killers" and "murderers" but yet everyone starts getting all patriotic, moaning that the US are sending money to another county because the veterans aren't getting any?! Clearly there is a huge misconception about what politics means, especially here on ATS. I just see this thread as being rather contradictory.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thanks, MrSpad, for pointing out the kowtowing even Mr Ventura engages in, to please an audience who "won't check his 'facts' & r easy to rile up"; ATS needs people who come to the 1st page of potential incorrectly reported stories, to set things straight. No need getting worked up here! (Indeed, I havent checked MrSPAD's facts; is he right?)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
International "money" is given or loaned to countries by the Federal Reserve printing money out of thin air. None of that money comes from your children's mouth's directly, it comes from them via the devaluation of the dollar itself.

If the Fed requires either monetary or military action to further its agenda, then it PRINTS the necessary money out of thin air - as is its right. The Fed then gets the interest required on the debt - again the FED gets the interest collected from debts, loans, assets seized and not the US itself.

The money used for paying for benefits etc. is a complex web of printing money, loaning money and borrowing money - your federal tax payment does NOT cover any services at all, as it goes directly to the Fed to pay back the money you personally borrowed...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

ProfessorT
I apologise if I come across as rude but I had to take a minute to stop laughing at this thread. Nearly EVERY single thread in relation to the army is negative with the majority of ATS members calling soldiers "baby killers" and "murderers" but yet everyone starts getting all patriotic, moaning that the US are sending money to another county because the veterans aren't getting any?! Clearly there is a huge misconception about what politics means, especially here on ATS. I just see this thread as being rather contradictory.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

I disagree.

Although I believe that the honor of joining the American military is close to zero, I believe that the military industry should honor their part of the deal by giving them benefits.

Hell, those soldiers are destroyed psychologically and then sent out on the field to protect monetary interest of people that hardly lift a finger, all the while they are putting their own lives in danger. Sorry, but they deserve compensation for having their lives toyed with.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
hitler did the brownshirts in after they were used to get him into a situation of consolidated power
its not good VS vets bad vets
vets take ORDERS and on occasion some take responsibility like at the Hague and Nuremberg,
usually most do not
thats the luck of the draw really

but what about leadership?
its about the responsibility of leadership to BE responsible to the peeps and the vets
and the widows orphans and babies...and puppies
edit on Wedpm3b20143America/Chicago46 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Well thats kinda funny, as all the searches I've done, it still shows Obama as the worst spender in the office:

US News

How much in deficit spending did Bush spend on average per day during his presidency? It’s pretty easy to figure out: $607 billion/365 days = $1.66 billion per day. That’s a lot of spending, Georgie. Shame on you! But compared to Obama’s $5 BILLION of deficit spending per day? Obama spent well over three times more per day every single day than did Bush.

US Poltics

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you guys know this but, U.S. Gov = Bankster controlled Military Industrial Complex.

All the Invasions of Iraq, Afghanistan, Iron Dome, Billion to Ukraine, its all part of collapsing the U.S. from within, and all that Money going out has lots of kickbacks that slides right back into the pockets of the 1%'ers.....its all part of the plan

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Your graph is tracking a derivative of spending as opposed to the actual spending being done by the presidents. That's like saying someone going 50 miles over the speed limit wasn't in the wrong because he was barely accelerating. Your source is trying to downplay a real issue by masking it with different numbers but similar terms.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Spending is only one part of the equation. Revenues is the other part. Revenues have cratered thus requiring Obama to increase our national debt more than the others. Revenues have cratered because Obama has failed to create decent jobs and has given the rich many tax breaks.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Once again Jesse Ventura is spot on. We have billions to hand to foreign nations but we have no money for our veterans, health care, infrastructure, education, our own bankrupt cities, etc. Honestly, we pay our teachers, police and military damn near minimum wage, while football players and actors make millions a year. This is what happens when the entire country, along with it's citizens, is morally backwards. EVERY nation gets the Government it deserves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join