It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura: We Can Send $1 Billion to Ukraine, But We Can’t Pay for Veterans’ Benefits?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+69 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura, host of “Off the Grid” on Ora.tv, makes a good case for American outrage. While Iraq & Afghanistan vets still wait for benefits, Congress writes checks for foreign aid around the world.

www.ronpaulchannel.com...

Jesse pours it on in this video filled with great points, and especially that: how can we afford to send $1 Billion in aid to Ukraine when veterans are still waiting for benefits? At one point he says that since veterans can't get their benefits from the last two war follies, that the next time they are ordered to go to war, they should just conveniently say they don't remember where they put their weapons.

And it's the damn truth. We have an absolutely outrageous national debt, and they STILL continue to spend us into oblivion. $1 Billion of our tax money into Ukraine? That's BS. I mean where are the brakes? Who is going to stop these people? Will it take Russia and China to finally just nuke us and get it over with? Apparently so. Cause there seems to be no end in sight to the utter lunacy.

Jesse makes the point also that a kid born today is already $50K in the hole before they ever get out of the womb. Seriously folks, someone better do something.

All I wanted to do was play my fricken drums. But we can't leave politics up to the politicians anymore. Cause they screw it up over and over and over again. That's MY money your messing with, you retards. Get out. Just go.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
with things like iron dome (450 mil) given to Israel just the other day
and predator drones..billion spent there...for the domestic front
who needs the american vet eh?

aren't they in for a surprise
edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago11 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

how can we afford to send $1 Billion in aid to Ukraine when veterans are still waiting for benefits?

Isn't it obvious? You kind of answered it in the question you asked. We afford it by not paying veterans their benefits.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

TrueAmerican
Jesse Ventura, host of “Off the Grid” on Ora.tv, makes a good case for American outrage. While Iraq & Afghanistan vets still wait for benefits, Congress writes checks for foreign aid around the world.

www.ronpaulchannel.com...

Jesse pours it on in this video filled with great points, and especially that: how can we afford to send $1 Billion in aid to Ukraine when veterans are still waiting for benefits? At one point he says that since veterans can't get their benefits from the last two war follies, that the next time they are ordered to go to war, they should just conveniently say they don't remember where they put their weapons.

And it's the damn truth. We have an absolutely outrageous national debt, and they STILL continue to spend us into oblivion. $1 Billion of our tax money into Ukraine? That's BS. I mean where are the brakes? Who is going to stop these people? Will it take Russia and China to finally just nuke us and get it over with? Apparently so. Cause there seems to be no end in sight to the utter lunacy.

Jesse makes the point also that a kid born today is already $50K in the hole before they ever get out of the womb. Seriously folks, someone better do something.

All I wanted to do was play my fricken drums. But we can't leave politics up to the politicians anymore. Cause they screw it up over and over and over again. That's MY money your messing with, you retards. Get out. Just go.

This sure would be something to be upset about if they were just giving Ukraine a billion dollars. Of course they are not. They are offering 1 billion dollars in loan guarantees. It is just like a VA home loan gaurantee. The VA does not pay your loan they simply guarantee a perentage of loan will be payed in part by them if the person who took the loan fails to. It makes getting a loan very easy. This is the same thing. Ukraine can get a up to a billion dollars in loans if it wishes and the US will guarantee a certain percentage of it. Now I am sure Jesse has basic reading skills and like anyone who bothers to read what the US is doing understands what the words billion dollar loan gaurantee means. However, he has a certain group of people who he markets to and they are easy to upset, belive every word he says ad will never bother to check and see if he in fact correct.

So to be clear for anybody who has not bothered to check the facts. The US is not giving a billion dollars to Ukraine. The US is not even loaning Ukraine a billion dollars. The US is providing a billion collar loan guarantee, to make it even more simple they are co-signing on a loan for Ukraine.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yeah well, if we looked at the American government like one American family, the roof is leaking, the trash is full, the car doesn't run, the kid's grades are F's- while daddy is out with his buddies on another drinking binge, fighting in a bar. And no telling where mama is.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Dontcha know, they make all sort of promises but usually dont keep them. Retired solider for them is like death weight.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
God damn it, when will the hemorrhaging stop!? I get sick to my stomach every time I hear a foreign aid package being announced. Look, I'm all for helping people, but that money could be better spent here at home, just like Ventura says. Veteran's benefits, upgrading schools, renovating bridges, roads and dams, scientific research, anything but sending it to line some dirtbag's pockets half a world away. What has all that money shipped off to Pakistan gained us? How's that helped the average Pakistani? Bull#.

You know what I want to hear? I want to turn on the news and hear an announcement how the U.S. spent $1billion to give shoes to every orphan who doesn't have them, or how we purchases a sizable supply of antibiotics & anti-parasitic drugs for Africa. Or spent it on enough food to feed every man, woman and child in some hellhole of a country that's suffering and needs relief. I don't understand how aid spending is prioritized, so any one out there can explain it to me, go ahead. Rant over, and my apologies.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

MrSpad
... to make it even more simple they are co-signing on a loan for Ukraine.

Yeah well how about they cosign a loan to fix the infrastructure in this country first? DUH!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Money is paper.

Ukraine in the US back pocket is power. And all it cost is some paper.

If the paper went to vets that were lied to and treated like *snip* by their own government, it would be a risk to power.

It makes no sense from a humanitarian prospective. But to the in-bread baby eaters running the west, it makes perfect sense.
edit on 19-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
One wonders how mr obama got the presidency, who voted for him.

US Political Madness

I bet more people can name the kardashians than those who serve under obama

mind you my country doesnt fair any better

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ANYONE who is stupid enough to co-sign for someon KNOWS that the person they co-signed for, after getting the loan ALWAYS HAS SOME FREAKIN EXCUSE why they can't pay it back.. NOW if they DO NOT PAY BACK THE LOAN, WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT, ukraine will pay it back, AMERICAN TAX PAYERS ARE ON THE LINE FOR IT.. A co-sign is the stupidest thing someone could do.
Jesse is a little extreme on it, but he IS NOT LYING..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Just like everything else going on in the world economy... It's one big f***ing joke.
I really don't understand how anybody takes any of these guys seriously anymore. They're all a big joke.
It's best to just point and laugh at them, maybe then they will realize how foolish they are.

*Nelson's laugh* HA-HA!!
edit on 19-3-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

MrSpad
The US is providing a billion collar loan guarantee, to make it even more simple they are co-signing on a loan for Ukraine.

Cool so this is like going to your broke uncle to get a co-sign for a new car?

Except he is broke too.

Therefore, he is using his equity loan that was intended to repair the roof in his home as collateral to consign, so you can by your $50K KIA. Then when your neighborhood gets overtaken by the Russian Mafia and steals your KIA , you default on the loan.

Then your uncle will end up paying your interest plus his interest on the car payments that you don't own.

The good news is your uncle is an under boss for the American mafia who took the loan from his BOSS and he will just squeeze his Soldiers for the extra money all the while getting a slice of the interest payment himself. Unfortunately for your uncle while glamored by the short term payout his roof continues to leak until the house eventually collapses for him.

Not to worry its not all bad news for everyone. Your Uncles BOSS happened to be the car dealership that sold the overpriced KIA. WIN WIN for him, he is getting double interest payments and selling his product at a ridiculous profit margin.

However, It would suck to be the Uncle with the collapsed house and double interest payments , and even worse the soldiers working to pay off his interest payments debts without a home themselves or ever setting foot in the car.
edit on 27331America/ChicagoWed, 19 Mar 2014 09:27:07 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Obama paid Ukraine to disarm, promised to protect them, and now is using Taxpayer's money to re-arm them.
Rightwing News

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yeah, lets have this traitorous scumbag of a president give aid and comfort to everyone else on our dollar
He deserves to be in prison or worse

edit on 3/19/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You've gotta spend money to make money, unfortunately the govt has no idea how to do this.

The US isn't alone though, a lot of governments seem to be quite charitable to other nations and not to their own. One billion dollars can be devoted to Ukraine yet cancer foundations have to rely on public support to stay afloat.

A billion dollars a year could also house and provide for thousands of vets, and there would be enough change left to house thousands more. To think the military expenditure has exceeded 1 trillion dollars...But that's foreign policy for you, sometimes it makes as much sense as an underwater barbeque.

link   

Granite

Obama paid Ukraine to disarm, promised to protect them, and now is using Taxpayer's money to re-arm them.
Rightwing News

Your facts are a little wrong. Bush was president then so Bush paid them to destroy their weapons because Obama wasn't able to give money to anyone he was just a member of congress. The money Obama is giving them is just more corporate welfare for the American war machine because guess where they will buy their weapons from.
edit on 19-3-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

link   

HomerinNC
Yeah, lets have this traitorous scumbag of a president give aid and comfort to everyone else on our dollar
He deserves to be in prison or worse

edit on 3/19/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

I wasn't aware Congress or Obama was the first and only president and his cabinet to do this?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I wasn't aware Congress or Obama was the first and only president and his cabinet to do this?

He's the only one that has spent more in his 4 years in office then ALL the OTHER US Presidents put together!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

As a Senator he voted yes on $48 million bill to disarm correct.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join