It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when is it ACCEPTABLE to punish a 18 mth old and lock it in a shed for nearly an HOUR?????????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So now this has turned into having balls and machismo.

Internet.

Funny.

Too bad vigilantism is frowned upon.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure why everyone is jumping down your throat in a "I would've done this" attitude. You did the right thing. A child that young being confined in a shed can have serious ramifications to the child's behavioral growth, causing neurological damage which he or she will carry for the rest of their lives. It's cruel. If you were to act yourself, you would have been in the wrong from a legal aspect. If child protective services put them under a microscope, then that's just fine. The child matters, not how you appear to your peers on this site. Good job.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

A child that young being confined in a shed can have serious ramifications to the child's behavioral growth, causing neurological damage which he or she will carry for the rest of their lives.

Yes.
The child might learn that throwing a tantrum doesn't get positive results.

I know an 18 year old that still throws tantrums, thanks to a permissive mother and today's public schools.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Biigs
Well if the child was well behaved it wouldnt get any punishment.

So its the childs fault really
edit on b0808749 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

I hope you're kidding.
An 18 month old baby doesn't make a malicious decision to disobey the wishes of its parents, nor does it have the mental capacity to understand such things. What, did your father beat you every time you pissed your diaper?
Locking an 18 month old in a shed is child abuse, the same as if it was beaten half to death for making a noise.
Abuse is abuse, it doesn't matter why it happened.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Locking an 18 month old in a shed is child abuse, the same as if it was beaten half to death for making a noise.

But that's the thing you're overlooking here, the OP only said that he heard the "kid was screaming" from inside his house and that he went into the street and listened and it was coming "from the shed area" at the neighbors. He then decided that he was concerned that the parents were ill/injured and the kid was alone, so instead of just walking over and checking to see he goes back inside his house and calls the cops to tell them there is an kid locked in a shed when he obviously had no idea what was going on.

Funny thing is, if he was really scared somebody was dead or whatever, why call the police and waste precious time for them to find their way there if he was really concerned? 20 bucks says the OP just wanted to make some neighbor drama with the cops so he could peep out his curtains and watch it unfold and tee hee to himself.

Now how about we just let this thread die and sink to the bowels of ATS where it belongs.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

trollz

Biigs

I hope you're kidding.
An 18 month old baby doesn't make a malicious decision to disobey the wishes of its parents, nor does it have the mental capacity to understand such things. What, did your father beat you every time you pissed your diaper?

I 100% agree, i was using dry ironic humor to defuse this, but yes its disgusting behavior and quite obviously so.

You read about this horrible # in the papers but if i knew this was hapening next door, id beat the utter living # out of them. and i would do my jail time with pride.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You know what, I don't care for cops and i most certainly hate calling them on others but for children in need it's a different story. Good for you, at least now the parents might think a little harder on their treatment of their child.

I once had neighbor I really enjoyed living next too. She was a drunk but kind of fun and very amusing. She had a son who was maybe nine or ten at the time. Well one night I heard yelling, I didn't think much on it because sometimes people yell. The next morning came and I saw her son with bruises all over his neck. With a lump in my throat I asked him what happened, he said "my mom got mad at me".
You better believe I was on the that phone.

I hate tattle talers and people quick to call the cops over every little thing or even and especially for revenge (people do that) but when it comes to the safety of children it's a different story.

The great thing was my neighbor had talked to me and bitched that someone called on her but said they were getting her help for her alcholism. She kept her son, stopped drinking, got engaged and her son never had another bruise that I could tell. Sometimes it takes a wake up call for parents. Hopefully you gave them just that. Because like you said, no 18month old should be left in a shed alone, crying. Gosh, kids are so helpless and dependant this makes me sick. I hope the parents learned from it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Biigs

Do you know much about 18-month-olds? Sometimes, no matter how well-behaved they are, they melt down. Yes, it is a valid tactic to let them cry it out, but there is no way I'd ever advocate doing that by locking one in a lawn shed, either.

Our son cried a couple meltdowns out in his crib, in his room with us carefully monitoring him. There is also a procedure for it where you let him go for 5 minutes, then comfort him without making eye contact (it encourages him), then 10 minutes, then comfort him, then 15 minutes, then comfort him, then 20 minutes ... etc. We used that at night when he wouldn't go back to sleep.

If you're busting at the seems with frustration, it's just better to put him down and walk away for however long you need before dealing with him again.

As far as this situation goes, I think we would have knocked on their door first thinking maybe something had happened to them leading to their kid being in the shed for some reason. However, if you've been living in the inner city and bad neighborhood, I can see why one would default to the police first.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

bloody too right I knew it was in the shed.

I walked over to the house and checked their car cos I thought, oh maybe the little tacker is trapped in the car and I looked in the car and no kid then followed the sound of screaming and the screaming (not normal kids crying) was right next to the roller garage (shed) door. That is when I rang the cops... when I rang them I knew that the kid was in the shed. Now, I didn't know where the parents were and at first, I thought, maybe something has happened to one of the parents... maybe the mother was injured etc... so did the right effing thing to call for help.

When I saw the bastage holding the kid in his arms when he spoke to the cops, you can imagine how angry I was.

that kid was in the shed (garage/carport) for 3/4 hour.

either way, a few years back EIGHT kids were removed from a house in this area I live... they were malnourished and all of them had to spend time in hospital... well the mother had neglected them....

and after the event... everyone was raving on saying.. "oh wow... how come someone didn't see something or do something"

seems it is another case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I was pacing up and down my hall way passage and waiting for the cops to get there. I was near going to kick the garage door in.

I know that sounds outrageous but not under the circumstances.

there are kids all around this neighborhood and NONE of them...sounded like what I had to listen to.

I have 2 kids.. ok they are grown up, 23 and 17... they chucked tantrums and cried... normal stuff... but the crying/screaming I heard was not normal.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Get stuffed.

I am a woman.

I put my own safety first, why? I have kids of my own.

It is the cops job to knock on someones door and check on things... Not mine.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I don't get what your saying.

Is that a dig at me? I did the right thing so at the end of the day, if that child is being abused... it is officially recorded that the cops had to attend their premises.

and believe it or not...there are a lot of People who ignore these things... and THEN when it is a crime scene...they go on tele and say stuff like... "oh my god, it is so dreadful... can't believe anything like that could happen.... omg...they seemed like such a pleasant lovely family"

and yeah... they know it was me that rang the cops and I am not scared to own up to that... seems a lot of other People would just 'mind their own business'

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

I am NOT A MAN. I am a woman, maybe 45 kilos if that... with two children of my own. I don't have a MAN to run around and take care of me or do what a man would do.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I think your story is a bunch of B.S.
You go from the baby locked up in a shed to it was in a garage/carport.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If she had a legitimate concern it was legitimate to call the cops. But isn't it convenient that the kid "quietens" just before the cops arrive? In any case, they determined what? A) That the kid was not in danger and B) that the kid was not injured, the two things that ought to provoke concern in anyone. Beyond that it gets into murky territory quickly on what is and is not her business.

And given OP's over-the-top emotional reaction, it's natural to question her "facts." And what is added by yelling at them? What is added by "effin" this and "effin" that and this "f head." etc.? Does the OP know all the circumstances? Hardly. She just moved there, and it looks to me like she herself has an anger management problem. Mature reasonable people don't go around yelling at "effin cops" who have come to check on someone at her behest.

Would YOU want this gal as a neighbor? Who knows what will "effin" set her off next time?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join