It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India will not support sanctions against Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

www.firstpost.com...

NDTV quoted sources as saying that India would not support the sanctions. Several Western countries along with Japan and Russia(they probably meant U.K and not Russia), have already imposed sanctions on Russia, over Putin's move to annex Crimea. In a phonecall with Putin last evening, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "expressed his hope that all sides would exercise restraint and work together constructively to find political and diplomatic solutions that protected the legitimate interests of all countries in the region and ensured long term peace and stability in Europe and beyond."

Not surprised really ... Don't think we have forgotten how US sent its 7nth fleet and British sent tis fleet to India in 1971 which was effectively blocked by the Soviet Armada during the Indo-pak conflict . Call me an evil commie bastard..but am all for rebirth of USSR

I think relations really went downhill after the strip search of the diplomat , relations went back by over couple of years, the progress made by the Bush era in relations with India was lost..
edit on 19-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Good on you INDIA!!! Good on you !!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It makes sense, I do not know why more people are not focusing on BRICS, does it not make sense that the International Banksters will do anything to stop this from happening and on the flip side of course India/China will be behind Russia, the power is shifting in the world, that is all there is too it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Although I agree that is not surprising I am confused at this quote:

" Several Western countries along with Japan and Russia, have already imposed sanctions on Russia, over Putin's move to annex Crimea."

Regards Bally

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Of coarse they won't, they are members of B.R.I.C.S. That is a powerful economy.Putin must be laughing at these week sanctions.They are in far better shape than the west would have their public believe.These sanctions will have a greater effect on the US and Allies.Once B.R.I.C.S drop their American T Bonds ,it's over before it begins.Not a shot fired.
edit on 19-3-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

edit on 19-3-2014 by missvicky because: I give up

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Must be a typo from the news source ... Its U.K and Japan , otherwise the source is quite good when it comes to National news ..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

13th Zodiac
Of coarse they won't, they are members of B.R.I.C.S. That is a powerful economy.Putin must be laughing at these week sanction.They are in far better shape than they would have you Believe.

Putin has really nothing to fear , the stuff Russia imports from Ukraine and Western Europe can easily be replaced by other Asian countries like China . Its really nothing special German cars, Machinery chemicals etc...

Russia has also completing or probably already completed building a pipeline to China for oil and gas sales , so Russia can easily switch his exports to Russia.. Note that China would love a secured land route for their oil supplies than the vulnerable sea route in case things go downhill with NATO ..

India is probably happy with what ever is going on in Ukraine , I hear that Ukraine is one of the big IT outsourcing competitors of India and also a big competitor when it comes to wheat exports . Since the crisis the price of wheat has increased boosting exports and due to an unstable Ukraine may force countries to look for more stable suppliers ... This is the reason Russians are saying they could easily completely loose their dependence on the west ...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

maddy21
Must be a typo from the news source ... Its U.K and Japan , otherwise the source is quite good when it comes to National news ..

Righto...Typo from the good source. I see you've corrected it. Are you sure they meant UK mate?

Bally

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

bally001

maddy21

Righto...Typo from the good source. I see you've corrected it. Are you sure they meant UK mate?

Bally

U.K is the only western country to announced Sanctions as far as i am aware

Another source

ibnlive.in.com...

India has decided not to go with western block on sanctions against Russia over the Crimea issue, say sources. India has stated its position to not support unilateral sanctions by any country unless authorised by the UN. Sources say India is taking a balanced view of the situation as of now.

Sources say India is keenly watching the special UNGA session to be called on Thursday or Friday. If Ukraine simply moves a resolution stressing on respect for territorial integrity, India is likely to go with it. But if the resolution speaks of condemnation of Russia, it will split down countries and India might look at abstention options, sources have said.

Earlier on Tuesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin explained the situation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who underlined India's position on "unity and territorial integrity" of countries and hoped a diplomatic solution would be found to the issue. Singh expressed the hope that all sides would exercise restraint and work together "constructively to find political and diplomatic solutions that protect the legitimate interests of all countries in the region and ensured long-term peace and stability in Europe and beyond."

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Thankyou. I am not aware of any others either,

Bally

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well.
If the power does switch i hope the BRICS nations certainly dont try to wipe us off the map
Most of us here in north america hold no grudge, we're just as tired of the international banksters and cant wait to see them crumble.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I suspect Obama will be pretty much on his own on this one. He has little trade with Russia unlike Europe and India and I suspect would be in trouble if he thinks he can rely on China.

We all know that politicians cannot be trusted anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

elementalgrove
It makes sense, I do not know why more people are not focusing on BRICS, does it not make sense that the International Banksters will do anything to stop this from happening and on the flip side of course India/China will be behind Russia, the power is shifting in the world, that is all there is too it.

my money is on the bankers controlling both sides
brics and bracs (bunch of retarbled american client states)
football in the groin works time after time after time
eta
...after time
edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago34 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

i was reading recently that the us has quietly upped thier oil output to very high levels
www.nytimes.com...

when the coming STOCK MARKET collapse happens in the next couple months, it will wipe out the foreign USD holdings
harrydent.com...

while vapourizing every ones holdings in the total agregate of bailout usd's this will strengthen the USD at home and kill inflation
it will wipe out the other nations economies because thier savings will go POOF!

they will be pissed
then they are going to be looking for hard assets...like any lone shark would when faced with getting ripped off
they just might show up with baseball bats...

soros will be bying up the crashed
edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago38 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

It is quite humorous to picture in my mind the neo-cons in Washington barking at each other over how all this is going down .Maybe they should have really listened to Hillary when she said they were loosing the information war .All they are left with at the end of the day is a big bag of lies and a very pissed off public .At this stage in the game for them to even think about a election must really be depressing .Who wants to be the next fool of the USA ? Because after this administration is done the USA will know they are done . Sad looking future for them .Too bad because there are some decent people there .But like any sinking ship ,it don't really matter who you put behind the helm ,she is going to the bottom .

edit on 19-3-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
BRICS are far more powerful than given credit to, hell not many people in the west even know what it is. Then have like 3-4Billion populations of the earth.

As person who works in Drug/testing field, our companies are shifting everything to CHINA/INDIA/BRAZIL.

According to them "that is where everything is going to be", West is a stale market, nothing is getting better, same old same old.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Brazil Russia India Iran China South Africa (BRIICS) will all be against sanctions.

Gold backed renminabi is about to become the World's next reserve currency; once these "sanctions" topple the current fiat economies.

If we sanction Russia, they trade oil in renminabi; petro-dollar collapses bringing all fiat currencies with it.

Crimea is a catch 22. Putin never even took a single step until he knew his victory was assured.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I wonder if the Kashmir region had a vote and decided to join either China or Pakistan completely if India would change their tune....?

Wait, Wasn't it reported India was going to buy a bunch of Russian weapons recently in the News?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That fight between them will never be over, Kashmir fight is just a tail end of the 2000 yr old war, it wasn't called Pakistan tho(it was part of india).

Kashmir war will go on as long as Pakistan's mentality exist(i guess India as well, if you think Kashmir belong to no one).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join