It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First sign that UK won't ever join Euro?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

SprocketUK

HeavenlyAngel

SprocketUK

HeavenlyAngel
UK will never join Euro,but if so this would mean the destruction of the Uk's economy.

Like that would stop our glorious leaders.
Jobs for life for those that sell us out. A big fat cheque every month from Brussels and no snarky commoners to vote them out. Destroying our economy would mean nothing to them.
It would mean the destruction of the House of Windsor,and I will never let that happen.

"The more you want to know the truth,the less truth will be revealed itself."

Nah, the Saxe Coburg Gothe family will probably rule from Vienna again.
It is something that shall not happen as my will on Earth.

The Kingdom did not know so many decades of prosperity as under the rule of the House of Windsor,this why the future shall be changed ,for the rule to perpetuate for many decades again.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That phrase was meant geographically. The empire spanned the globe so the sun was always up on some part of it

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

jimmyx
as an American, who is becoming all too familiar with the word "empire"....does England not joining in the euro, have anything to do with the old phrase "the sun never sets on the English empire"....don't get mad, just asking.
There is no such term of comparison for the place where democracy was born.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I didn't think there was any suggestion we would be joining the currency?
We are a member of the EU, but not signed up to the currency... out of 27 member states, I think only 18 or so have the Euro as their currency and judging by the state of the Euro and current financial situation globally, I highly doubt we have any desire to start using the Euro.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

jimmyx
as an American, who is becoming all too familiar with the word "empire"....does England not joining in the euro, have anything to do with the old phrase "the sun never sets on the English empire"....don't get mad, just asking.

Not at all... it has everything to do with: -

1. Maintaining our Sovereignty which many tens of millions of people died previously to maintain.

2. To join the Euro would be Economic suicide.

Simple really...

Peace,

Korg,

edit on 19-3-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I like the pound coin and that uk has its own currency

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

If the Queen has reigned since she was quite young, why put a picture of her as an old lady on coinage? Seems like it'd be more flattering to use a younger portrait instead of old double chinned woman.

I know that's rude, just an observation.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

HeavenlyAngel

jimmyx
There is no such term of comparison for the place where democracy was born.

Democracy was allegedly born in Greece, a slave owning democracy?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The United Kingdom is the wingman of the Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland) it therefore won't be included with the EU. It exists as the brownest uncontinental European country and therefore the unmentioned number four. The UK has many non-European interests around the world and won't join the EU because the English believe they will one day rule the world and can't foil their ultra sectret plans.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join