It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First sign that UK won't ever join Euro?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

SprocketUK

It is relatively easy to pass off a fake pound coin to a person, though machines usually detect them. I guess the big thing is the fact that it'll be bi metallic, though I would stake money that there are people buying presses from machine mart as we speak

With the current coin, all that is needed is a silicon master mold and the right combination of metals and of course a coin press. The mold being the easiest thing to create since all you need is a coin to start with.

With a Bi colour coin, the above process won't be a viable solution for counterfeiters anymore.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

It's pretty easy actually, just buy an old fly press, heat the "outside coin" press the inside one down, wait before you put it in your pocket

It is a bit more hassle, not much though, maybe thirty seconds to press each coin, no more.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

wlasikiewicz
We are getting a new £1 coin so that alone tells you that we are not joining the dying Euro

Because of the shape, i agree, but when 5 and 10p pieces were changed, and £2 coin introduced, they mirrored the coninental ones which made me think they were moving us along that road.

Now I think we're safe, unless the new euro looks like a thrupenny bit

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hey that could be a gold prototype coin.

Its probably going to be really 50 cents... would be cool if you guys used the same system as Australia..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

amraks
Hey that could be a gold prototype coin.

Its probably going to be really 50 cents... would be cool if you guys used the same system as Australia..

We wouldn't have to change the heads side, would we?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
nope only the tails side.

haha. I think New Zealand have coins just like ours.

I have a few of their coins, sometimes I get them from the shop because of the similarity's they will accept them for some reason.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

How to Spot counterfeit toonies (the two-dollar Canadian coin)

cons.wonderhowto.com...

just a note from them that has been before you

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
UK will never join Euro,but if so this would mean the destruction of the Uk's economy.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

HeavenlyAngel
UK will never join Euro,but if so this would mean the destruction of the Uk's economy.

Like that would stop our glorious leaders.
Jobs for life for those that sell us out. A big fat cheque every month from Brussels and no snarky commoners to vote them out. Destroying our economy would mean nothing to them.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

SprocketUK

HeavenlyAngel

Jobs for life for those that sell us out. A big fat cheque every month from Brussels and no snarky commoners to vote them out. Destroying our economy would mean nothing to them.

I believe you are thinking of the previous government....

If you hadn't noticed the current government is pretty darn awesome, and completely against joining the euro and is offering us a chance to back out of Europe all together Whoohoo!!

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

SprocketUK

It's pretty easy actually, just buy an old fly press, heat the "outside coin" press the inside one down, wait before you put it in your pocket

It is a bit more hassle, not much though, maybe thirty seconds to press each coin, no more.

Apparently the coin will be the next generation implementation of iSIS technology from the Royal Mint.

I think it means perhaps an rfid chip embedded using the coin itself as the antenna.

just my two pennies lol

Korg.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Korg Trinity

SprocketUK

HeavenlyAngel

I believe you are thinking of the previous government....

If you hadn't noticed the current government is pretty darn awesome, and completely against joining the euro and is offering us a chance to back out of Europe all together Whoohoo!!

Peace,

Korg.

They said that before.
Even promised a referendum before Maastricht and ERM then weaseled their way out.

Selling us out has no party loyalty.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Korg Trinity

SprocketUK

Apparently the coin will be the next generation implementation of iSIS technology from the Royal Mint.

I think it means perhaps an rfid chip embedded using the coin itself as the antenna.

just my two pennies lol

Korg.

That is bad. Even cash will be traceable.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

SprocketUK

Korg Trinity

SprocketUK

just my two pennies lol

Korg.

That is bad. Even cash will be traceable.

If you have nothing to hide... what's to worry?

I think it's a good thing myself. It would not only cut down on the counterfeiting but it would also be a factor in preventing theft.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 19-3-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I haven't done anything wrong, the government are just wasting their time and my taxes spying on me.

There's always something to worry about when your privacy is under threat.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

SprocketUK

I haven't done anything wrong, the government are just wasting their time and my taxes spying on me.

There's always something to worry about when your privacy is under threat.

They are not trying to spy on you with this technology.... they are trying to stop criminals from cheating money out of the system by counterfeiting the coins.

Korg.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

SprocketUK

HeavenlyAngel

It would mean the destruction of the House of Windsor,and I will never let that happen.

"The more you want to know the truth,the less truth will be revealed itself."

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

HeavenlyAngel

SprocketUK

HeavenlyAngel

It would mean the destruction of the House of Windsor,and I will never let that happen.

hear hear!

I'm glad to see there are more people other than myself that has this point of view.

Korg.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

HeavenlyAngel

SprocketUK

HeavenlyAngel

Nah, the Saxe Coburg Gothe family will probably rule from Vienna again.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
as an American, who is becoming all too familiar with the word "empire"....does England not joining in the euro, have anything to do with the old phrase "the sun never sets on the English empire"....don't get mad, just asking.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join