It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame, shame, shame!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Everything I learn about our history says, shame!

We do not deserve to join a community of peaceful planets in our neighborhood of our galaxy.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Why do you need to feel shame for what others have done? If I received no medals, gratitude, etc. from what has been done in the past, then I certainly don't deserve to have credit for it being done contributed to me IMO.

If these "Peaceful Planets" (you refer to) judge all of us for the actions of a few.... then aren't they really just as bad as we are?

edit on 3/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

We have done this as a species. Yes, some more guilty than others.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

droid56

We have done this as a species. Yes, some more guilty than others.

So you are someone who believes that all Pitbulls should be destroyed and outlawed because some of them are very vicious? It's the same thing. Just because we are the same species, it doesn't mean we all should shoulder the blame/punishment for the actions of a few.

Some are more guilty than others, but some are not guilty at all.

I suppose we see it differently. I refuse to lump myself together with the likes of Hitler simply because he was human.
edit on 3/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I haven't done anything that is too bad on the whole historical scale.

I imagine if you take any advanced species, you will find similar atrocities in their history. You sort of need it to first off separate yourself from the rest of the animals, control nature, and unify the people. Once things are controlled on that level, that's when the more benevolent aspects of the species kick in. the learning from the past, paving a better way, etc.

Wisdom comes from changing, not from never having the experience of...
We may find out one day we have been rather quick learners and only had about 10k years of extremely bloody conflict...may find the "enlightened" ones had hundreds of thousands of years in their history of brutality that would make genghis khan shake his head in disgust.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

My grade to humanity? Fail. Some deserve a better mark. But the average score is a big fat FAIL.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

i don't accept the notion of inherited guilt , further is there a "community of friendly planets"?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

History records our collective guilt at the failure to leave violence behind.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

droid56
Everything I learn about our history says, shame!

We do not deserve to join a community of peaceful planets in our neighborhood of our galaxy.

Enjoy your self-loathing, pal, but count me out.

In fact, there is something mentally wrong with someone that tries to attribute atrocities of the father on the son. You preclude the opportunity for humans to evolve when you think in this way.

edit on 2014/3/19 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hey man I didnt do s#it!...Maybe thats the problem?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
We are one.
We share the shame. Some more than others. Some WAY more than others.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

i know i am going to drink myself senseless tomorrow thinking about it all the shame of it

new topics

top topics

join