It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Station crew press conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've been the NBC News 'Space Guy' for more than eleven years. Today I covered a crew press conference prior to their launch to the International Space Station.

Video of presser

www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org...:expedition-4041-crew-news-conference&catid=1:latest
at 17:00 [to 19:20] is my probing question about secret knowledge.

some stills from that video:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

and?

is there more to this than just you pimping yourself to us?

what is their mission? what was the press conference about?
is there any cool experiments going on up there this round?

who are the astronauts? what is their background?

you know better than this jim!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

As much as I appreciate Jim Obergs expertise on ATS threads I need another "press conference" as much as I need to see astronauts exercising or eating floating globs of water in zero G.
edit on 18-3-2014 by intrptr because: spelling (gees)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just want to know why we got a picture of jim, he told he was there, but didn't summarise the press conference at all?
he has been on ATS long enough to know how it rolls...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

okamitengu
I just want to know why we got a picture of jim, , but didn't summarise the press conference at all?
he knows how it rolls...

Don't you see..... Jim is trying too send us a secret message & blowing the whistle about the Illuminati by wearing a purple shirt

Purple - Symbolism
edit on 19-3-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hoaxster

okamitengu
I just want to know why we got a picture of jim, , but didn't summarise the press conference at all?
he knows how it rolls...

Don't you see..... Jim is trying too send us a secret message & blowing the whistle about the Illuminati by wearing a purple shirt

In the first picture you can clearly see him trying to show us the first step in the super secret masonic handshake.

edit on 3/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Hoaxster

okamitengu
he knows how it rolls...

I think the red shoe in the still and jim's purple shirt is trying to send a hidden message, not sure what that is though.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

AreUKiddingMe

Hoaxster

okamitengu
he knows how it rolls...

I think the red shoe in the still and jim's purple shirt is trying to send a hidden message, not sure what that is though.

for just a second I thought jim was wearing that red high heel!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Me too until I did a second look!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AreUKiddingMe

I sometimes find it helpful to cover one eye.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

is there more to this than just you pimping yourself to us?

Stars for you

NO

Huge self exteem... nothing more.
That's the problem.

To Mods: could this guy have his website as signature?
edit on 19-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Video link fixed: Click !

I don't usually watch those Expedition introductions and interviews, but I'm really looking forward to the next Expedition, which will include the first female Russian cosmonaut in a long long time!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Dont you think you could have asked a better question then that? I mean for a journalist that was a pretty weak question I think. Come on Jim you work for a news station, ask some tough questions. You question seems like it would have been more suitable for a child to ask. You are going to have to do better then one weak question and a boring thread to which you dont respond to, to impress ATS ( your not stan friedman). Honnestly I have never heard about you untill now. You havent made a good impression this time around with me.

To me and obviously a few others you seem like your just whoring your self right now. If I was the go to space guy for any news station i would have gone into that meet and greet prepared with questions about the mission instead of the useless garbage questions that every one has asked a billion times before.

Dude there is a reason why more and more people dont watch mainstream media and part of that reason is all the cookie cutter journalism. If you want to be known Jim then ask the hard questions, make them think, make them answer questions that no one else asks, then you will do good on tv and do Great on here.

Im sure that you will have better threads in the future, but this thread was nothing but a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

JimOberg

Screens ?

Hm...don't know what to say here...Screen of astronauts would be cool...but a screen of you Jim...now that's some eye candy there.

Thanks for this.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Jim please tell me how that was really secret knowledge? I heard nothing along the lines of intrigue mostly, other than how to do things in zero G it was pretty boring...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

snypwsd

Dont you think you could have asked a better question then that? I mean for a journalist that was a pretty weak question I think. Come on Jim you work for a news station, ask some tough questions. You question seems like it would have been more suitable for a child to ask. You are going to have to do better then one weak question and a boring thread to which you dont respond to, to impress ATS ( your not stan friedman). Honnestly I have never heard about you untill now. You havent made a good impression this time around with me.

To me and obviously a few others you seem like your just whoring your self right now. If I was the go to space guy for any news station i would have gone into that meet and greet prepared with questions about the mission instead of the useless garbage questions that every one has asked a billion times before.

Dude there is a reason why more and more people dont watch mainstream media and part of that reason is all the cookie cutter journalism. If you want to be known Jim then ask the hard questions, make them think, make them answer questions that no one else asks, then you will do good on tv and do Great on here.

Im sure that you will have better threads in the future, but this thread was nothing but a waste of time.

I stand, head-bowed and well rebuked.

This was a particularly good press conference, I found the three crewmen expressive and enthusiastic and insightful for a change. The veteran cosmonauts 'secrets of space living' was of wide interest.

The really GOOD questions I saved for the one-on-ones afterward, and hall conversations [and conversations in the center cafeteria before the presser, with old friends]. Those, you gotta wait for publication by my media clients, the first rule here is "don't scoop yourself".

Yeah, the post reeked of advertising teases, no excuses. I'll try to do better.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I can't even stand MSNBC's pictures for the literate site anymore...

I have read many of yours and Alan Boyle's articles over the years, but now it seems reporters no longer report or investigate instead they regurgitate just reading the feed from AP home office.

That makes me sad...THEN MAD!
NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN 40 YEARS!

edit on 19-3-2014 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I watched the "Live from Space" Nat.Geo. show the other day, and the host asked Mike Massimino what was the most exciting thing he had done. Space walks he said, and mentioned that out there, you are not limited to just a view of Earth, as you are from inside the station, and that he could look off in any direction. But, he does not say what can be seen looking off in those other directions. And niether, as far as I can find, has any other EVA astronaut, except Chris Hadfield, who says it is totally black out there. I can't find any EVA astronaut with a web page where I can ask them a direct question about this, and have had no answers from people who claim to know Hadfield, who I have asked if they could ask him to clarify his statement. Seems like it is taboo to even ask about a view of deep space, just why is that?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Jim --

These guys look too somber to have been in space. They should be giddy and giggling after a life-changing experience like that.

I think that proves they were never there, and the space station is a hoax

...and no -- I will NOT be using your headshot for my new wallpaper.

edit on 3/20/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So where did they discover that fossil?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join