It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA suspends diplomatic relations w/ Syria (March 18)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
All of the Russia, Ukraine, Crimea, OMG where is the airplane and we seem to have missed this one!

NY Times Link

First three paragraphs:

The United States formally notified the Syrian government on Tuesday that it must suspend operations at its embassy here and at its consulates in Michigan and Texas, the State Department said.

The move stops short of a formal break of relations, but it bars Syria’s envoys here from carrying out diplomatic and consular duties.

The handful of Syrian diplomats who are still assigned to the embassy and consulates must leave the United States by the end of this month.

This could possibly only mean a few things:
1. Further step to threaten Putin/Russia
2. Israel is about to start warmongering Syria
3. Or both?

Either way, this appears to be a bad step in the direction of war, conflict, military aggression.

PS - I did several Syria searches to make sure no one already posted this and found nothing. My apologies if I missed it.
edit on 18-3-2014 by WCmutant because: adding pretty colors!

edit on 18-3-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

WCmutant
This could possibly only mean a few things:
1. Further step to threaten Putin/Russia
2. Israel is about to start warmongering Syria
3. Or both?

Either way, this appears to be a bad step in the direction of war, conflict, military aggression.

Too late. People have been dying in Syria due to war, conflict, military aggression for a couple of years now.

Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

I think it's kind of a useless response at this stage of the game .Putin has re set the chess board and moved it into a multi- dimensional game the US needs time to study .I guess they are going to scrap the idea that they could bring about a coup ...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder what economic/oil ties Syria has to Russia?

If I am not mistaken, and remember correctly, that was one of the reasons why Russia got so involved in Syria and the chemical weapons disposal, because Russia needed Syria for something, pipeline was it? I don't remember.

It could be that Syria is about to get attacked.

Quick disposal of chemical weapons via Israel maybe...

It could be one of the ways to hit Russia if they have an economic dependence on Syrian oil or something.

Just kind of babbling thoughts...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's interesting that both Ukraine and Syria both have Russian ports and Libya was planning to host one in Benghazi. The only Russian naval bases in the med region that can operate year round. This leads me to the question of what is being planned that needs Russia to be isolated from the med? My first thought was Iran as they have been a target from even before Bush's axis of evil speech a decade ago but I'm not sold on that theory because the Russian fleet would be a nuisance at best if they even got involved at all.

It could be as simple as wanting to reduce Russian force projection but given the amount of resources put into doing this in recent years I have to wonder if there is a pressing concern. This article is from 2009 regarding the naval base plans by Russia at the time. Yemen was another candidate and while it hasn't been in the news much wasn't there unrest there too and US drone strikes? I'm going to have to look into that to see what happened there.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 18-3-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Darkblade71
I can't help but wonder what economic/oil ties Syria has to Russia?

If I am not mistaken, and remember correctly, that was one of the reasons why Russia got so involved in Syria and the chemical weapons disposal, because Russia needed Syria for something, pipeline was it? I don't remember.

It could be one of the ways to hit Russia if they have an economic dependence on Syrian oil or something.

Just kind of babbling thoughts...

Russia is supporting Syria because a continuous war prevents a natural gas pipeline from Iran-Iraq-Syria and potentially thru Turkey into Europe from happening, and it prevents a pipeline from Qatar/Saudi Arabia into Syria/Europe as well.

Russia mega corporation Gazprom is selling a ton of gas to Europe.

Russia also knows the pipeline won't happen either as long as Qatar/Saudi Arabia keep funding the "rebels".

Qatar/Saudi Arabia want their own pipeline to Syria/Europe (via the existing Arab pipeline from Egypt to Syria), so again a continuous war keeps the gas profits with Gazprom.

A "win" by Russia/Syria might guarantee a Gazprom involvement, but only if Qatar/Saudi Arabia (and U.S.) are totally defeated.

Very complicated as the standing Islamic Sunni/Shiite feud is also a major issue.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
the us has to stiffle international production to keep the petro dollar solid
there will be collaps in the markets wiping out most of the inflated us dollars that everyone else holds
the us currency won't crash and they wont lose thier world hegemony

and dman it it just might work

HOUSTON — Domestic oil production will continue to soar for years to come, the Energy Department predicted on Monday, scaling to levels not seen in nearly half a century by 2016.

The annual outlook by the department’s Energy Information Administration was cited by experts as confirmation that the United States was well on its way — far faster than anticipated even a year ago — to achieving virtual energy independence.

The report predicted that the increase in United States production would contribute to a decline in the world oil benchmark price over the next few years to $92 a barrel in 2017 from a 2012 average of $112 a barrel, which should translate into lower prices at the pump for consumers.

It projected that domestic oil production would increase by an average of 800,000 barrels a day annually through 2016, nearly reaching the 1970 historic high of 9.6 million barrels a day. The increase in domestic oil production should bring the imported share of oil supplies down o 25 percent in 2016 from the current 37 percent t. Just a few years ago, the country imported half of its oil supplies.

“The E.I.A. report confirms that the United States really is experiencing an energy revolution,” said Daniel Yergin, the energy historian and author of “The Quest: Energy, Security, and the Remaking of the Modern World.”
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's amazing just how many conflicts are about oil. Even that situation between China and Japan over that island could be. Whoever develops technology to cost effectively replace oil should be considered a saint. Though I'm sure we will still find something to fight over even when everyone has access to cheap clean energy. Humans are like that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
US isnt capable of being diplomatic anymore.

Reference: Hawaii, Hiro, Naga, Iran, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria.. where next?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Whom Knows maybe Japan after they run out enemies?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
i dont get what this officially means.

like.... we told syria that we will no longer ALLOW an opportunity to talk?
even if we never intended on being diplomatic, this gesture seems a little immature.

like lets see how unfriendly we can be short of just being at war. just for the sake of being jerks.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Darkblade71

I try to consider the whole picture:

1. Syria was already an issue and we supported a coup and attempted military intervention that the failed due to US public attitude
2. USA is involved in another coup with Ukraine
3. Not to mention if you want to pile in other cases like Libya and Egypt
Other stuff...
4. There are people that believe that there is something to the Blood Moons on Jewish high holy days (April 15 and October 8 of this year).
5. There are other aspects in play during April-May and later July-August.

While it seems like hocus pocus, mumbo jumbo it simply shows there are patterns within the world/solar system if we look for them. Will they be right or wrong? I don't know.

I do know that other aspects that are in play are fairly significant. I have no doubt that between now and 2017 we are going to see some interesting/crazy s#!t.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Then Russia will have to go in and assist Syria alone then.

Forget the yanks.

The last two countries you want to have at war are Israel and Russia.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

bubab
Then Russia will have to go in and assist Syria alone then.

Forget the yanks.

The last two countries you want to have at war are Israel and Russia.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

Tying Russia up in Ukraine/Crimea makes it much harder for them to help Syria. Syria's only other ally is going to have to come in the form of China.

Crimea is Russia's only warm-water port closely attached to their mainland. They already are trying to blockade Ukrainian ships from entering or leaving the Crimea region. This means it will be less likely Russia can quickly send aid to Syria (at least via their navy). The Crimean Referendum was purely to ensure Russia maintains it's warm-water port, which obviously pisses off the USA.

Here's the chess board (as I see it):
1. Israel may attack Syria and/or Iran (with unknown support from the USA)
2. Russia will need to support Syria, but may be slow to respond because of Ukraine/Crimea
3. China has 3 options:
1. support Syria directly (not sure where their navy is in the world)
2. Attack Japan forcing the USA into assisting it's ally which may be hard
3. Do nothing

4. The USA will then have to decide how to support Israel, possibly help Japan, as well as control Russia in the Ukraine/Crimean region

There are some rogue elements like N. Korea. If a serious global war broke out those crazy f@3kers will prob. start lobbing missiles and nukes at anyone within range just because they can.

But right now it's all speculation. I have no doubt the USA knows most of this and are trying to push Russia/Putin into a checkmate position.

The ONLY way the US public will support a war is if we are attacked. And this is where it gets ugly for us. The USA knows it, and there will most likely be a false flag to support retaliation against whomever is claimed to have "attacked" us.

It's shaping up to be a perfect s#!t-storm and kicking out the Syrian diplomats moves us one step closer in this game.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Israel launched an attack on Syria today, in retaliation for a road side bomb.

Israel retaliates in Syria after Bomb Attack

Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israel has warned Syria's government that any aggression against Israeli citizens will be met with force, as a roadside bomb attack which injured Israeli troops prompted airstrikes on Syrian targets.

Addressing a Cabinet meeting Wednesday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the Israeli strikes on Syrian territory targeted elements "that not only facilitated, but also cooperated with, the attacks on our forces."

I thought it was kind of relevant to this thread seeing as that is where the conversation was headed.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
When you take a look at everything that's going on . . . my first reaction was to start humming that ditty by Mr. Roger Waters . . .

All in all its just another brick in the wall

We're headed for some dark days ahead.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by WCmutant

I think it's kind of a useless response at this stage of the game .Putin has re set the chess board and moved it into a multi- dimensional game the US needs time to study .I guess they are going to scrap the idea that they could bring about a coup ...

The move by the US was in relation to Syria shutting down some of its diplomatic affairs regarding the US in Syria. A downgrade in relations usually results in an equal tit for tat method - IE Syria recalls its ambassador to the US, the US recalls its ambassador from Damascus.

Its a diplomatic norm.

top topics

join