It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to Holy Grail possibly deciphered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Code-breaking experts at Bletchley Park are expected to reveal the solution to a 250-year-old code rumoured to point the way to the Holy Grail. the code on the monument is 'D OUOSVAVV M'.

This could be quite exciting if the code does lead to the holy grail, but then again, I kind of doubt it would be anything too important if they are releasing it.

here's the link

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Experts now think the code is a message from a sect called Priory of the Sun.

Priory of the Sun ?
Never heard of them before, could they mean Priory of Scion?
That would fit more with Poussin paintings and the Holy Graal.

I wonder if the code will lead them to France, say perhaps Renne le Chateu area. That wouldn�t suprise me one bit! I wonder what it was that Sauniere really found in that old, old church of his.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Rather slapdash reporting here, but Sky are suggesting it was inscribed by the Priory of Sion...

www.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just love the way people try to construct realities out of faith based things.

Wow...do you think if they find it it'll have magic powers.....maybe some kind of a hot-line to get God to do what you want?!

Bit like that so-called Holy relic spear (the one reputed to have pierced CHRIST'S(!!!!!) side) that was supposed to make Hitler invincible....cor, well that proved to be true, eh?!

I don't mean to flame but this stuff is just such a sad crock IMHO.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
sminkey...I follow this in an entirely different way.

Yet another clue leading to a secret intentionally hidden and intentionally mystified.

If I had a false secret that I wanted you to accept as truth that was in opposition to what you had lived by, which would be the best way to get you to accept this false secret?

1. Say "here is the truth" and show you something that is in opposition to your beliefs and try to convince you through argument that you have been wrong all of your life and you must now accept this new truth?

or

2. Intentionally build an enigmatic mystery that entices the world to look for and reveal my secret? Shroud it in a manner that makes it appear as though I never wanted it revealed.

Which would lead to more acceptance?

I do not believe this has anything to do with a mystical relic, a cup or an icon. There must be something that triggers the "great apostacy" - there must be something that is religion shaking in order for certain prophecies to be fulfilled.

I do believe this will lead back to Poussin's paintings - a particular one. I have waited for 7 years now for some one to find what I found in 1997, and still it has not been spoken of.

I will continue to wait in silence. But I'll let you know when some one speaks of it. This latest little nugget is very interesting.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
isnt the holy grail just a simple cup that jesus and his disciples drank at the last supper? plus there wasnt there something to do with king arthur? unless it was just myth. i highly doubt it will get you anywhere further than a great archaeological find. dfh out.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I just love the way people try to construct realities out of faith based things.

Wow...do you think if they find it it'll have magic powers.....maybe some kind of a hot-line to get God to do what you want?!

Bit like that so-called Holy relic spear (the one reputed to have pierced CHRIST'S(!!!!!) side) that was supposed to make Hitler invincible....cor, well that proved to be true, eh?!

Who said anything about magic? Get your head out of Indiana Jones and start reading up on some fact. If the holy grail is found, it will be undeniable proof of the existance of Jesus Christ, an important historical figure. It will also lay to rest all the stories surrounding the grail's existance, dissappearance, etc. It's discovery will also give us more insight on the knight's templar.

The lance you are speaking of is called the Longinus Lance.
Now stop watching so much TV and read a book.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I can see what you mean Valhall and that makes sense. I would not discount your idea offhand but I'm really not one for religion myself.
IMHO it's all just mechanisms all about controlling people.

I've come across similar myself.....a recent interesting one was regarding the Turin Shroud and why 'the Church' had to have it proved a 14th century 'fake' (apparantly the blood flows on it cannot have come from someone dead).
This tied nicely in with the stroy of Jesus going east and dying as a Bhuddist in India (where his tomb is to this day......nail marks in his feet and all. - apparantly the do a carving of a Holy-man's feet on their tombs)

Originally posted by Xephyr If the holy grail is found, it will be undeniable proof of the existance of Jesus Christ, an important historical figure.

- .....and how would the discovery of an old a cup or goblet 'reputed to be the Holy Grail' manage this feat then?
How would this old cup inself prove anything?

It's not like it comes with a - how do you Americans say? - 'pink slip'!

It will also lay to rest all the stories surrounding the grail's existance, dissappearance, etc.

- I'm sorry but I don't think it will do any of that.
It'll simply be an old cup discovered hidden away somewhere attached to the legend of the Holy Grail "which some believe....blah blah blah".

It's discovery will also give us more insight on the knight's templar.

- Come to Europe and the ME, the place is littered with their stuff. You can even read some of their accounts first-hand from their own writings.
What's to discover?
This 'secrets' stuff just triggers endless fun with imagination, huh?

The lance you are speaking of is called the Longinus Lance.
Now stop watching so much TV and read a book.

- It was a sarcastic quip matey.
I know what the lance is and it's reputed miraculous powers.....that was part of what I was getting at.
This stuff comes with a ton of myth and garbage attached, IMO.

Even the Grail itself is in some quarters built up into this amazing fine jewel encrusted monstosity yet in all likelihood it is a simple wooden cup....which means its survival (if Jesus did in fact exist and the events took place etc etc) is certainly not guaranteed.

.....and one is still left at the end of it all preferring to have faith in.....(*whatever*).

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

That which you speak of is called The Spear of Destiny.
"The spear now once again resides in the Hapsburg Treasure House Museum in Vienna." Many historically great leaders have supposedly posessed it.

here is one link about it:
www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 25-11-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
That which you speak of is called The Spear of Destiny.
It supposedly still exists in some back room of some museum somewhere. And yup, many historically great leaders have supposedly posessed it.

- I know it's a similar mentality that had a lunatic Argentinian during the military junta there exhume and keep Eva Peron's corpse and having sex with it or physically beating it to have power over her and her legend blah blah blah.

Weird twisted mumbo jumbo.....and that one is as sicko as they get.
But sadly all too true (they finally buried her under a slab weighting many tons to stop it ever happening again)

Bleeeaaaaggghhhhh!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

edit on 13-5-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

top topics

join