It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival torrent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Just keep it simple. Take what you need and learn later. Depending on what could happen just being able to make fire would be the first thing to learn. Although having fire has its drawbacks since its a Hello at night!

One of the things most important is Not to draw attention! Night should be rest only and nothing else depending on whats happening. No rest and you will mess up! Really though, if you keep it simple, rest and a carefull eye on things you should be okay.

If you happen to come across people, watch before introducing! Actions say alot before words ever will. Sad part is some will try to find others to group with and end up robbed or killed.

Now something I would like to know is; is it better to be clean or stay dirty? Not meaning healthly, say some have dogs. In what ways could one mask themselves for this? Since either way, some might run in packs looking for food and thats not one of my ways wanting to go out!

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

TDawgRex

br0ker

LittleGreenAlien
reply to post by TDawgRex

Old school paper library of your most important data is the best way to have any chance of preservation during a holocaust. Electronic devices are only useful during peaceful times. At least that's what I believe.

I agree, but who wants to have 100 books in their backpack?

Gonna start with 100 best and narrow down best chapters to print.

You really can't go wrong with the FireFox series. That stuff is serious old school and proven to work.

But if your looking for tech advice on survival on the cheap...you're barking up the wrong tree. If the infrastructure goes down...it's gonna be old school all the way. No ands, if, or buts.

I hear ya.. And I agree. I thought "tech" more like in engineering. Like using natural wood compost to heat water. Fixing old cars that run on biodiesel, uses for paralell batteries and connecting to solar panels. Conversion of electricity to units etc..

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
reply to post by br0ker

Just keep it simple. Take what you need and learn later. Depending on what could happen just being able to make fire would be the first thing to learn. Although having fire has its drawbacks since its a Hello at night!

One of the things most important is Not to draw attention! Night should be rest only and nothing else depending on whats happening. No rest and you will mess up! Really though, if you keep it simple, rest and a carefull eye on things you should be okay.

If you happen to come across people, watch before introducing! Actions say alot before words ever will. Sad part is some will try to find others to group with and end up robbed or killed.

Now something I would like to know is; is it better to be clean or stay dirty? Not meaning healthly, say some have dogs. In what ways could one mask themselves for this? Since either way, some might run in packs looking for food and thats not one of my ways wanting to go out!

Peace

Stay dirty, natural oil from the skin keeps you warm. Personal hygiene, caring for wounds and malevoilent bacteria is something else though.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No, I do not. I understand you want these on your technology so you can come back to them during an event. Correct? As one of the other posters stated, one blast of an EMP and your technology is done! The purpose of these PDF files and other things are to study these tactics. Not to look back to them while the event is occurring. Your guides should be placed in your head.
I have some files too. All of them together isn't even 1 gig. Think about it, do you really need ALL of those files? I think you need to keep these 6,000 files on the device you have now (or burn them to disks), then make a new file on your other piece of technology and only pull the most important ones to it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
No disrespect whatsoever but what you need is experience-not how to text. Grab your tac knife find some woods and try to build a shelter from what you can find around to build with. Survival books are never in real time-real place-real situation and that makes them have a very limited value.

Real survival is about instinct-intuition-improvisation and all those things come only from experience-not reading.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

spooky24
No disrespect whatsoever but what you need is experience-not how to text. Grab your tac knife find some woods and try to build a shelter from what you can find around to build with. Survival books are never in real time-real place-real situation and that makes them have a very limited value.

Real survival is about instinct-intuition-improvisation and all those things come only from experience-not reading.

Really.. So without googling it, tell me what you do with a toothache?
Tell me how to hotwire an old diesel car?
Tell me how you'd make moonshine?
Tell me all the stuff you don't learn in the woods. I've spent nights in the mountains the last 16 years. And there is alot that I haven't learned from that.
Without books, alot of knowledge you never knee you needed will be out of reach.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

ODarkThirty
No, I do not. I understand you want these on your technology so you can come back to them during an event. Correct? As one of the other posters stated, one blast of an EMP and your technology is done! The purpose of these PDF files and other things are to study these tactics. Not to look back to them while the event is occurring. Your guides should be placed in your head.
I have some files too. All of them together isn't even 1 gig. Think about it, do you really need ALL of those files? I think you need to keep these 6,000 files on the device you have now (or burn them to disks), then make a new file on your other piece of technology and only pull the most important ones to it.

Well thats exactly what the OP is all about. Exept the EMP part. EMPs don't bother me
if thats the case, screw the f-cage.. I'll go primeval..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join