It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My band's new Single

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

My band Meniscus has just released a new single today called "DBT". It's free to listen but if you feel generous then you can pay what you want

Meniscus -DBT

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Good stuff. Just needs a sweet vocal hook and you got yourself a 90's chart-topper (not an insult)!

Edit: Oh, maybe I should add that I only have the left channel on my audio where I am. I just had the thought that there might be vocals in the right channel; If so, I can't hear them!
edit on 18-3-2014 by lemmin because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Cruff
Hi Everyone,

My band Meniscus has just released a new single today called "DBT". It's free to listen but if you feel generous then you can pay what you want

Meniscus -DBT

Enjoy!

Nice. I dig it! I've only recently allowed myself to listen to instrumental/ambient bands without saying "if only they had a vocalist". I begun to think that this music stands just fine on its own.

What's funny is that I thought maybe that track needed a didgeridoo and then looked and saw you guys are from Australia. Coincidence?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sweeeeeet

Listening right now....

Love the slow build...

Inspiring, maybe the best music I've heard here
......need a vocalist?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am really digging this. nice. you made at least one fan.
I love the whole feel of the w.o.d. stuff. similar genre of things like Chiasm, maybe Lacuna coil, etc.

Send some samples to some gaming companies. they are always looking for good instrumental bands to use for backdrops. I can definitely see this in some urban type dark settings.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Wow, It's really good. Reminds me of a cross between Isis and Red Sparrows with a little Pelican and Neurosis thrown in for good measure though its way better than Pelican.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Reminds me of A Perfect Circle but instrumental. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks everyone!

Glad you are enjoying it

In some of our other songs we do have some spoken word stuff and there may be some vox in upcoming songs too.

We're not against having a vocalist but we've done well without one so far haha!

Video for the song is coming up on Youtube too.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeah, we'd love to get in on some computer gaming action for sure. Got any leads?

Will have to do a bit of scouring...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
S&F really like it great guitar work as well.
The music makes me think of Glitch Mob..

edit on 18-3-2014 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here's our clip too!

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I cant imagine that you guys didn't make it to the big screen yet i'm really blown away by the music.
I am normally more of the Rock/Metal scene but i really like this.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle

Thanks very much

Well, we keep wishing that somehow it will go viral and we can quit our day jobs! Unfortunately, it's not quite Gangnam styley enough to do that haha.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Cruff

Thanks very much

Well, we keep wishing that somehow it will go viral and we can quit our day jobs! Unfortunately, it's not quite Gangnam styley enough to do that haha.

Yeah i can imagine it beeing hard to reach the masses, maybe place a snippet on Reddit or some of those social media site's ?
Anyhow you got yourself a new fan i haven't stop listening the songs since i heard them.If i can ever do something like make a banner or anything please let me know i'd love to help.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Thanks very much!

We do a few social things like FB and twitter mainly but we have had an "ask me anything" on reddit a while ago which was fun.

Glad you are enjoying the songs so much
. We are doing a tour of most of the major cities in Australia with the U.S band Caspian which has been great fun!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was afraid that the song wouldn't take off, happy that I was wrong. Would love to hear with some sweet vocals.

new topics

top topics

join