It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House pastry chef resigns: ‘I don’t want to demonize cream, butter, sugar and eggs’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thank You very much for that info.
Kind of like this game that used to be played way back when lol, where you would tell one person something and then they would tell someone and eventually the phrase would make it back to you and most of the time it had no resemblance to what it started out as.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by ketsuko

It seem the White House pastry chef is as fed up with Michelle's healthy food policy as the rest of the us.

He was a holdover from the Bush administration, and Michelle Obama ordered him to use fruit purees and agave syrup and small plates. He played along, but eventually got tired of not ever using a pastry chef's main weapons.

I hate to break up your anti-Obama party but you're completely WRONG.

Michelle Obama’s pastry chef is quitting to become an advocate for healthy food

The New York Times is reporting that Bill Yosses, the White House’s executive pastry chef, is leaving in June for New York — partly to be with his husband, and partly to put together “a group and foundation of like-minded creative people” for promoting healthy food in schools. Here’s more from the Times on Yosses’ evolution from butter and cream to berries and whole grains:

Hired by Laura Bush in 2007, when he was already acclaimed in New York for the raspberry and pear souffles he created at restaurants like Montrachet and Bouley, Mr. Yosses began moving beyond the traditional sugar sculptures and cookie plates after Mrs. Obama arrived at the White House. He was directed to make more healthful desserts, and in smaller portions, that were to be served only sparingly to the first family.

Mr. Yosses began experimenting with alternatives to what he called “the usual blitzkrieg” of butter and cream. Now, he said, “we replace butter with fruit purée, which gives some body.” He often uses honey and agave in place of sugar, has added whole grains to desserts and is considering heirloom varieties of whole wheat without the bitterness of wheat bran and germ in modern whole-wheat flour.

Mr. Yosses has also been inspired by the White House garden, where he has chosen from a cornucopia of strawberries, blueberries, rhubarb, figs, papaya, carrots, sweet potatoes and herbs like lemon thyme flowers, lavender and pineapple sage. Nearby is honey from the White House beehives. The result — oatmeal bars, baked apples and pear-quince cobblers, among many others — will have a lasting impact on his eating habits, as will Mrs. Obama.

----------------------

So, he's not leaving the White House because he's unhappy with his job. He's leaving for bigger and better things, things that just happen to be along the lines of Mrs. Obama's healthy projects!

That's a post that bears repeating. So this thread is turned on its head and likely most people will miss it. I hope they give Yosses a huge state-like dinner, and take him on lecture tours with Michelle. Good for him!
edit on 18-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DexteramLucifer

You're welcome. I was waiting to see how long it took someone to come up with it but then decided I had a moment...

Guess it's actually a pretty fascinating study in how social media can blindly lead people.

Props to windward too.
edit on 3/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The Queen Of Tarts says..........Off With His Head !

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Guess it is good to be 'queen' of the empire.

Ordering the little people around like they own them, and all that jazz.

Still think the Obama's is just 'one of the people' ?

I don't.

Between the king, and queen of the empire how anyone still thinks they 'represent' the middle class, and the poor ?

Are not paying attention to reality.

How about if Michele doesn't like the food their CHEF prepares she can step right in that kitchen, and do what everyone else does.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Good for him...Surprised he lasted that long. Michelle's taken over the entire cafeteria where I work. Gone is ANYTHING fried, they now "bake" the fries. They also got rid of white buns, got rid of the snacky-salty goods, and only serve "healthy" entrees now.

It's unreal. And really gross, so I pack.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

neo96
Guess it is good to be 'queen' of the empire.

Ordering the little people around like they own them, and all that jazz.

Still think the Obama's is just 'one of the people' ?

I don't.

Between the king, and queen of the empire how anyone still thinks they 'represent' the middle class, and the poor ?

Are not paying attention to reality.

How about if Michele doesn't like the food their CHEF prepares she can step right in that kitchen, and do what everyone else does.
How about we don't overreact to a non-issue. Michelle wanted the chef to make a pastries a certain way, and she and the chef had a disagreement and the chef left as a result. Not everything has to turn into a Obama-Bashing thread.

The Obamas have problems (I have to say that, because I know anti-Obama partisan hacks on this site will assume that anyone who defends Obama or Obama's associates likes everything they do. They will even assume I'm saying that only Obama's opponents can be partisan hacks, because I didn't mention the Pro-Obama side at any point in my post.), but this isn't one of them.
edit on 18-3-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

well he has every right to complain, i mean a pastry chef can't do their job if they can't make pastries.. pretty obvious problem there, think about it, would you tell a foot doctor to perform heart surgery?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I forget, which one of the first ladies cooked all their own meals, including pastries? Oh yeah, none of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by ketsuko

This is some crazy ass partisanship when the right wing outlets pounce on a effen Pastry Chef leaving as a springboard for knocking the first lady...yet again...for giving a crap about the sad, diabetic state of the country.

Wow...

Obviously this is some kind of diversion from a bigger issue.

The timing with Russia, the missing plane, and Syria is just too convenient.

I think Michelle overheard the chef criticizing Obama telling somebody Bush would handle things different !!!

So it's Bush's fault for sure !!!

edit added;
Watch for the #1 "tip" -

edit on Mar-18-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
How the hell is this even news? So anything related to the white house is going to have articles printed about it?

Is the next one going to be "Maid quits because everything is just too clean".

Really?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join