It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is This? Warning: Gross

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I woke up this morning to seeing this on my little screened in porch in the back.
There is a cat door that our outdoor cat Linus uses. He is mostly outdoors and irritates the two indoor cats when he is inside.
I have yet to see Linus today.

Here are some images

Relavant info:

We just moved to this place in October. So, its been around 6 months that we have been here.
This is a tucked away house on 5 acres, surrounded by 100s of acres, in the back woods of Tennessee.
We moved here from NYC with 2 cats and a baby. Now it is about to be spring and then summer and things are starting to liven up around here with coyotes, fox, owls, opossums, raccoons, deer, turkey and the occasion wild hog eyeing my house, garden and chicken coop.

Back to the photo. Linus came with the house. So did the dog. This is great, but Linus is a pretty wild cat and is always bringing dead birds or piles of feathers into the back porch, where I leave him food and water. He comes and goes through the cat door.

Some things:
He never poops inside, only out in the woods somewhere.
He only brings dead animals or feathers into the porch.
This blob of whatever is something that I have never seen.

Also:
The other night I stepped outside and out from the screened in porch and onto the deck that extends from it. I was very quite and I was just smoking. I walked down the stairs to take a leak by the edge of the woods, but as I came to the bottom of the stairs something ran from under the deck stairs and out into the woods. I could't see what it was because it was very dark and too fast for me to react with my phone light, but I judge its size to be about the size of a fox or a very large opossum.

So...

Could it be that this is some other animals excrement that I have never seen before?

Could this be something that Linus regurgitated onto the deck as an offering, as if it where a bird or a pile of feathers?

Could this be Linus erupting with uncontrollable excrement on to the floor out of haste or perhaps even to give me a sign?

What is it?

If anyone knows or has seen this before, please, I would like to know.

I haven't touched it yet, it's too gross. I figure I'll let it dry up a little.

I will be willing to produce a sample for proper lab work if anyone is interested.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

That looks like intestines or something like that.

perhaps your cat caught a rabbit or some similar animal and dragged parts of it home.

I had a cat that used to do that. I was finding rabbits twice as big as she was in the yard, some torn apart, some intact, all dead.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's your cat's way of trying to help you be less of an embarrassment to him. You are a useless hunter, he's trying to improve you

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
it's parts of something Linus ate...wipe it up and toss it. What it was, is irrelevant.
as a cat owner I'm shocked you don't know this!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
looks like the leftovers of a mouse. our cat used to leave them just outside the door, as a sort of , 'look mah. look what i did' type dealio.

mice, moles, baby rabbits, etc.. you name it she killed it and left the 'remnants' just outside the backdoor.

worst part being, stepping outside with a cup of coffee early in the morning .... - squish - ah!!!??.....

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks like innards to me.

Be proud! Your cat is showing you what a good hunter he is. If he starts bringing it in still alive, then you know he's wondering why you suck so bad at hunting yourself that he's willing to teach you with live lessons "on the hoof" so to speak.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I've seen almost the exact same thing before. I was keeping a rescue dog, female, very thin abused. When I found that on the screened in porch with her, I took dog and mess in a bucket to the vet, as I too thought it looked like internal organs.

The vet examined the mess, and told me it was a miscarriage of puppies by the rescued dog. Didn't even know she was pregnant nor did the vet as I took her in when I first agreed to foster her.

Maybe a neighbor cat, if all of your animals are spayed and neutered?

Des

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

EWWWW!!!!

Now the pictures look even grosser!

tyvm!

lol

link   
Ugh - I should have heeded your warning. Thank God my cats are in-door cats.

link   
Look at the bright side you could have walked out to this:

link   
Ok Thanks.
So, my cat is bringing back innards.
Well, that was my first thought, but it almost looked like pods of some type, like little cocoons for baby aliens or something.

Maybe I start killing more to impress my cat.
I can't be cleaning up blood stains every day.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Not sure about those specific parts, but my cat always leaves the stomach of her prey. She never eats it. I guess she is suspicious of whatever they have been eating (pretty smart considering people put out mouse and rat poison). I always assumed she could smell they'd ingested something foul and ate around that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Destinyone

I've seen almost the exact same thing before. I was keeping a rescue dog, female, very thin abused. When I found that on the screened in porch with her, I took dog and mess in a bucket to the vet, as I too thought it looked like internal organs.

The vet examined the mess, and told me it was a miscarriage of puppies by the rescued dog. Didn't even know she was pregnant nor did the vet as I took her in when I first agreed to foster her.

Maybe a neighbor cat, if all of your animals are spayed and neutered?

Des

Thats it!
I didn't think of that, it is some animals ripped out babes that Linus ripped out and brought to me.

He really is a sweet cat, always trying to win my attention.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

FinalCountdown
Ok Thanks.
So, my cat is bringing back innards.
Well, that was my first thought, but it almost looked like pods of some type, like little cocoons for baby aliens or something.

Maybe I start killing more to impress my cat.
I can't be cleaning up blood stains every day.

buy a dead mouse from a pet shop (They sell them for reptile food). Leave it next to your cat's bed and he'll think you're ok for a two-leg.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Or do you think some animal actually gave birth on my porch and only one was alive, judging by the pile of mushy blood next to the sacks

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's why it looks like little pods...it's tiny baby animals in the placental sacks they form in. When they miscarry, they expel the whole mess from the birth canal. It could have happened anywhere, and dragged home by one of your cats.

Des

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That is DEFINTELY an in-tact uterus of a small animal, with placenta & afterbirth.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So, if these are aborted fetuses, then who's and whats would they be?
I have one female cat, spaded as a kitten, she's now 7 years old.

Would a wild animal actually have a birth on my back porch?

Probably not, so this means that Linus brought them in.

Oh But WAIT!

There is no trail of blood nor sign of any other weirdness. This mess is all self contained.

NOW WHAT?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I had a huge cat that did a lot of hunting ...but never left anything like that...must be a larger predator.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

FinalCountdown
So, if these are aborted fetuses, then who's and whats would they be?
I have one female cat, spaded as a kitten, she's now 7 years old.

Would a wild animal actually have a birth on my back porch?

Probably not, so this means that Linus brought them in.

Oh But WAIT!

There is no trail of blood nor sign of any other weirdness. This mess is all self contained.

NOW WHAT?

Clean it up and throw it wrapped in the garbage outside so your cats leave it alone!

Bucket of hot water with a half cup of bleach swabbed on the area where it was...BINGO...all done.

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join