It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS...... Ukrainian forces have been authorized to use weapons to defend themselves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

rigel4
And I'll tell you something else.. This isn't over by a long way..

Putin has gained Crimea .. but he has lost Ukraine.. They are due to sign an EU agreement this Friday.

Putin's objective, however he tries to dress it up to the Russian people is simply
to make Ukraine either neutral or Russian leaning.

He has utterly Failed!!!

He has guaranteed Ukraine Joins NATO at the earliest opportunity.
edit on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:01:25 -0500013America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

And some NATO members do not like this one bit. Why? Because the nazis in Ukraine running the show are a loose cannon. They have even openly stated they want into NATO, then grab the MAXIMUM amount of weapons they can get, and use them to fight Russia, Crimea et al. And even better if they can get NATO involved.

You do NOT want these people in NATO.

Btw, Ukraine and their laws they are passing, are ILLEGAL in the EU, such as the death penelty they are passing into law now.

I for one do NOT want them in the EU, I could care less about NATO, I am not in NATO

edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I have already lived trough it during the Cuban Missile Crises. I was 8 years old at the time but I do remember every body freaking out. CD drills every day in school (DUCK AND COVER) my job was to close the asbestos curtains. My dad own a restaurant and with packing our basement with caned goods. I helped him digging dirt to cover our cellar windows.

I truly believe the leaders of the world have enough smarts not to go so far.

edit on 18-3-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I have already lived trough it during the Cuban Missile Crises. I was 8 years old at the time but I do remember every body freaking out. CD drills every day in school (DUCK AND COVER) my job was to close the asbestos curtains. My dad own a restaurant and with packing our basement with caned goods. I helped him digging dirt to cover our cellar windows.

I truly believe the leaders of the world have enough smarts to go so far.

Yup, paranoia and hysteria has that effect on people.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

sparklez
And some NATO members do not like this one bit. Why? Because the nazis in Ukraine running the show are a loose cannon.

There are several people who are continuously referring to the Ukrainians as fascists and Nazis. All quite offensive and very depressing for people who purport to be informed. One correlation is that these people seemed to have joined ATS in the last few days. I appeal to ATS members to keep this in mind.

To topic. Clearly Russia's intent to annex Crimea has now been achieved. This is an invasion in all but words. If Crimean soldiers are put in a position where they feel threatened, then it would be no surprise if they react. They are commended for their restraint to date.

Regards

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

paraphi

sparklez
And some NATO members do not like this one bit. Why? Because the nazis in Ukraine running the show are a loose cannon.

There are several people who are continuously referring to the Ukrainians as fascists and Nazis. All quite offensive and very depressing for people who purport to be informed. One correlation is that these people seemed to have joined ATS in the last few days. I appeal to ATS members to keep this in mind.

To topic. Clearly Russia's intent to annex Crimea has now been achieved. This is an invasion in all but words. If Crimean soldiers are put in a position where they feel threatened, then it would be no surprise if they react. They are commended for their restraint to date.

Regards

Not the "ukranian people", the people who forced their way into power, even the Ukranians referr to them as Oligarchs and facsists.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Why would Russia invading the Ukraine spark a "world war"?

The US has been attacking one nation after another for decades and no one seems to care...

Its PAINFULLY obvious that the US, NATO, the EU, the West in general, are the aggressors. They are the NWO.

I wish someone had threatened a world war over the US's aggression.

The world would have been a better place.

Just look at this insanity:

edit on 18-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I think Putin knows he can expand now without resistance. Georgia, now Ukraine etc.

This is the only thing that the world at large should fear. Aside of that this is truly a crisis only between the Ukrainians/Crimeans and the Russians.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
just found this:

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

sparklez

CallYourBluff
Here's an interesting development. Putin has signed a treaty to annex Crimea.

Here's a great piece of American Hypocrisy.

"Joe Biden, US vice-president, on a visit to Poland, led international condemnation, calling the annexation of Crimea a blatant violation of international law and “nothing more than a land grab”

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-3-2014 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

I do believe there is NO INTERNATIONAL LAW that prevents people declaring their own independence, there maybe local laws, but can you show me such an INTERNATIONAL LAW prohibiting people from becoming independent? I have yet to find it, in fact it is this very absense of such a law that allowed Kosov to happen.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I agree, but certain suits don't seem to care.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
.... and with packing our basement with caned goods.

Sounds like a right basket-case!

Seriously though, it created a mindset we haven't escaped from yet.
I guess it was the ultimate in manipulation and consequent behaviours and cultural memes.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

well this just got interesting....

"The parties exchanged their opinions on the situation in Ukraine and in Crimea, including in the context of the referendum held on the peninsula on March 16 this year," the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday. In his address to the Federal Assembly Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia is grateful to China and India for their stance on Ukraine and Crimea.

So thats China and India, how many nukes is that?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

aorAki

nighthawk1954
.... and with packing our basement with caned goods.

Sounds like a right basket-case!

Seriously though, it created a mindset we haven't escaped from yet.
I guess it was the ultimate in manipulation and consequent behaviours and cultural memes.

OH! I forgot to mention, instead of once a week the CD sirens where tested every day!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, i do not think Putin wants WW3 to begin. Imagine that all his corrupted russian billionnaire friends won't be able to go skiing in the Alps or partying on the french riviera. I don't think they are so nostalgic of the Russian Empire, he is for sure, but not them. What could be the impact on the russian economy? Big risk to take.
This all situation is a big headach. Such a mess. What is the EU doing!?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

paraphi

Regards

I lived in Ukraine for 12 years and I can tell you that what these people are saying is true. Western Ukraine is a part of Ukraine which was killing Russians and Ukrainians during WW2. They still look at Bandera as hero just like US citizens see those who signed The declaration of Independence (just like Crimea did). Obamas favourite in coming elections is Tyagnibok, who just few weeks ago at Maidan said: "It's time for people to get their guns and shot Russians (was talking about people from South-Eastern Ukraine), Germans and Jew pigs". Those are his words. Few days before that he said that Russian language needs to be criminalized in Ukraine. About 20 million people talk Russian since their first word and learned Ukrainian in the school as foreign language.

So, yes ... there were genocide threats against Russian speaking population. From my experience in Western Ukraine I can tell you that most of them hate other part of Ukraine. This country was split since the break up of the Soviet Union. Now Donetsk (Donbass) region wants it's own referendum to declare autonomy from nazis who took over the country.

RT: ‘They are fascists!’ German Left leader blasts Merkel’s support of illegitimate Ukraine govt

(subtitles available on YT)

P.S.: and about the EU. At least half of the population in Ukraine doesn't want in EU (number is around 70% in the Eastern parts of Ukraine). People demanded referendum about EU and Yatzenyuk (another US favorite) said there will be no referendum. So, yes ... EU and USA used nazis to overthrow elected government and want Ukraine to join EU before the election by the nazi government which was not elected and doesn't have support even in Western parts of Ukraine.

P.S.2: about shots at Ukrainian soldiers - sniper shot at Ukrainian soldiers and in Crimea (Russian) self-defense unit. One Ukrainian soldier was killed and one Russian was killed. Ukrainian 'president' Turchinov just week ago said that he cannot authorize use of weapons (under any law) until the shots will be fired. So, it's the same scenario as it was in Kiev that was uncovered to be an 'inside job'.
edit on 18-3-2014 by baburak because: wrong video

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

baburak
I lived in Ukraine for 12 years and I can tell you that what these people are saying is true. Western Ukraine is a part of Ukraine which was killing Russians and Ukrainians during WW2.

I think WW2 was a long time ago. Ukrainians chose between the psychotic Nazi's or the psychotic Soviets. The Crimean Tatars were the victim of Soviet genocide attempts and Ukraine suffered appalling Stalin-engineered famine. For the Russians - and their supporters - to continually slur the western part of Ukraine as fascist is just trying to hark back to a world long gone. It is pandering to crass nationalism.

However, on balance, and like many territories and countries sucked into the brutality of Soviet repression, it seems most want to be anywhere than under Russian dominance.

Regards

edit on 18/3/2014 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well ... WW2 was long time ago but they still praise people who killed Soviet soldiers and people. They still draw swastika and have Bandera pictures everywhere. I'm not saying all of these people are fascists but a huge number of them are and those were the people behind all of the violence in Kiev. Those are the same people who make terrorist threat on daily basis and those are the people who want to blow up gas pipe that provides gas to EU because it will be a huge loss for Gazprom. Those same people openly called for Umarov to send terrorists in Russia and who shot at protesters in Harkov just a few days ago (I doubt that you read about it in Western media). Same people took over huge number of high government titles.

If official from Germany agrees with me who am I to doubt that

edit on 18-3-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
something new!

Ukraine Prepares for War After Crimea Vote!

www.davidicke.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My grandmother's husband who lived under Communism in Romania always told me that Russia was a predator. He told me that when Obama cancelled the US missile defense complex plan in Poland in 2009 (he told me that Obama was an idiot as well and didn't know anything about History...I cannot really comment on that
).
At this time, it didn't mean something to me, but now strangely it is starting to really make sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

xavi1000

sparklez

xavi1000

luciddream
This whole issue is blown out of proportion.

One officer is dead, we are already in cold war again and is blown out of proportion?

Cold war? Over react much? This is nothing like the cold war.

Yeah, is the beginning of cold war already.I hope will not became hot.

It's becoming hot from all manipulating and intrusive behavior from the good ol' US of A. It's going to get much worse. If not this April-May expect something middle-end of July+ (summer, basically) 2014.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

beezzer
I would like everyone to relax.

Obama will probably give a speech with a serious expression on his face and send Kerry over there to give another speech with a serious expression on his face, if this goes hot.

So they'll be serious if shooting goes widespread.

They may even draw a red line.

(then go golf with Beyonce' or something)

The red lines are just survey markers, once the blue lines come out well, then they better watch out for some consequences, you betcha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join